Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barber
along with the 2.5 piviot block up front how much more toe do you guys run when you put it on the setup board and would it be pos or neg.running asphalt high speed track.

It depends if you want more inital steering or more mid corner steering.

Positive 0.5 to 1 will give more inital steering less mid corner \ /

Level,flat or | | balanced

Negative -0.5 will give more mid corner steering less inital / \

High speed track I would say try toe out (positive) first
Old 08-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

can someone measure the distance from the outside hinge pin to the inside hinge pin on the a arms (center hole to center hole) and let me know

thanks Dave
Old 08-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave Bowser
can someone measure the distance from the outside hinge pin to the inside hinge pin on the a arms (center hole to center hole) and let me know

thanks Dave
dave if you are trying to use the arms of the cyclone i believe they will work i gave a set of HB arms to raf at the last region race in kissimmee
Old 08-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Cyclone racers I have a quick question, I am having problems with my rear tires wearing on the outside even with a 2.5 neg camber the tires still wear faster on the outside than the inside, on most of the TC cars I have race the wear is on the inside but the Cyclone wear on the outside, is there anyone that is having this wear problem? and if so what did you do to get it wearing on the inside? thank you.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Cyclone racers I have a quick question, I am having problems with my rear tires wearing on the outside even with a 2.5 neg camber the tires still wear faster on the outside than the inside, on most of the TC cars I have race the wear is on the inside but the Cyclone wear on the outside, is there anyone that is having this wear problem? and if so what did you do to get it wearing on the inside? thank you.
Hmm thats wierd

I run 2 deg and the tires wear almost dead even on the whole tire
Old 08-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i run brushless and only use 2deg and tyres rear even,what setup at the rear do you have.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by barber
i run brushless and only use 2deg and tyres rear even,what setup at the rear do you have.
I am using Jason Scherffler setup.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Mine in the rear seem to be doing the same thing. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I'm assuming this is with foams....I've used as much as 3-3.5 negative on the camber to keep the tires square.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I'm assuming this is with foams....I've used as much as 3-3.5 negative on the camber to keep the tires square.
I was thinking the same but with all that camber what do you think will happen to the handling of the car? I am using the BMI chassis I am thinking if that has anything to do with the issue at hand because before I went to the BMI chassis I didn't have that problem.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
I ran the Clone for the 1st time at the weekend in the KO in the UK. What a car, it goes exactly where you want it to go. I made 7th in the A, and came 8th overall 'AWSOME CAR'. Thanks to Stew Knoble, Elliott Harper and Paul Upton for the setup.
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

No it doesn't hinder the performance at all. In fact the tires coning hinders the car much more.

Uusally you get that type of wear beacuse there is some play in the bearings (Normal). When you set the car up statically the camber is 2 or 2.5...but when the car is running and the play in the bearings comes into play you can have as little as maybe 1-1.5 neg camber.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

mine cone slighthy at 2.5 camber but our track is super tight and the rear is sliding around most of the corners I just retrue the tires after every 2 runs to keep them square

I thind it matters more on the track surface and layout more that anything else. because when i ran on a bigger track there was more coning but there was alot of high speed sweepers putting alot of side load on the tires and makin them roll over and compress
Old 08-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Carpet/Foam

Does anyone know or have a good starting point setup for carpet/foam tires ?
I just got a used Cyclone with the BMI chassis..

Thanks
Old 08-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi Guys
I ran the Clone for the 1st time at the weekend in the KO in the UK. What a car, it goes exactly where you want it to go. I made 7th in the A, and came 8th overall 'AWSOME CAR'. Thanks to Stew Knoble, Elliott Harper and Paul Upton for the setup.
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Big difference from our previous car eh Malc???? It's staggering how much simpler it is to our old cars and yet it performs soo much better .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.