R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2007, 03:32 AM   #9496
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 41
Default

question for all the 5 cells racers out there

Where should I be running my cells in the front 5 slots or the rear 5 slots ??

At the Euros and on Volkers set up most people seem to have been running the cells at the back, yet most of the people I talk to in the UK seem to say cells should be run at the front. Having not raced Brushless before I was just wondering where i would be best to start ??

Cheers
Andy
speedfreakUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:09 AM   #9497
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3
Default

I have placed the cells in front in order to get more steering.

But what about the balance problem - I think my car is up to 100g heavier in the left side. How can I get better balance in the car?
mek_rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 AM   #9498
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreakUK View Post
question for all the 5 cells racers out there

Where should I be running my cells in the front 5 slots or the rear 5 slots ??

At the Euros and on Volkers set up most people seem to have been running the cells at the back, yet most of the people I talk to in the UK seem to say cells should be run at the front. Having not raced Brushless before I was just wondering where i would be best to start ??

Cheers
Andy
Hi, generally, the cells were run at the rear at the euros to make the car rotate more at that track. This isn't really a problem in the UK as we usually have loads of steering anyway. Personally, i would start with the cells at the front.
Hope this helps
__________________
Team Durango, ORCA, MuchMore, Sanwa, Protoform, Tonisport, MR33, Roche, Custom Blitz Bodyshells
Elliott Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:22 AM   #9499
Tech Regular
 
chicmagnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 317
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
Hey guys, I really don't know where to ask this question, I would rather ask it somewhere somewhat related rather make a new thread just for it...

Anyway, is the Hara T2.1 okay or should I get the Hara T2.2???

2.1 and 2.2 is almost the same. i think twister 2.0 is better coz it has a thermal cutoff.
chicmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:46 AM   #9500
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Harper View Post
Hi, generally, the cells were run at the rear at the euros to make the car rotate more at that track. This isn't really a problem in the UK as we usually have loads of steering anyway. Personally, i would start with the cells at the front.
Hope this helps
Hi Elliott
I have now gone over to the Cyclone, could you also let me have your setup for WLRC please
Cheers Malc
The Can Man
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #9501
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreakUK View Post
question for all the 5 cells racers out there

Where should I be running my cells in the front 5 slots or the rear 5 slots ??

At the Euros and on Volkers set up most people seem to have been running the cells at the back, yet most of the people I talk to in the UK seem to say cells should be run at the front. Having not raced Brushless before I was just wondering where i would be best to start ??

Cheers
Andy
get the 3Racing 5cell chassis. the battery is centered in a neutral position.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #9502
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,150
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
get the 3Racing 5cell chassis. the battery is centered in a neutral position.
Yes about 4-5mm
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #9503
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I have a question one way guys


I run a spool, But most people in stock run one ways, I mean the fastest guy at my track runs a spool, but he runs a xray

I want more steering flat out, I need more on AND off power steering, like not just give it more dual rate, I need more then that, while trying to keep the cvd's from binding up

And since my swap to BL I have lots more power which made it worse, I could never get the inside pass in the tight turns, And the guy I battle with uses a t2007 with a one way

What should I change to give me more all around steering?

Or should I go to a one way? What would I change to move to a one way?

EDIT, guess I should tell you guys what im running now

2deg on camber front and rear
3.0 pivot block in the rear, 2.5 in the front
40wt shock oil
Hara's grey soft shock spring kit
silver sway bar up front, black in the back
0 toe in the front
4 degree c hubs
front shock are in the 3rd hole being stood up
Rear shocks are in the 4th hole from being stoo down
3mm of ackerman

Thats it lol, any other info needed, ask me, I want to get this going

EDIT 2

I have the moore speed.. So I have the center one way and the front one way, Should I do the center and front? Or what should I do?

No one wants to help me? I need some steering in this baby! Some tuned steering, in and off power, not dual rate, or epa
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:03 PM   #9504
mo
Tech Master
 
mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,358
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

If it is pushing because you have too much rear traction, try standing up the rear shocks or shortening the rear camber link. Both should give you a little more initial turn in and allow the car to rotate more off power.
__________________
TLR, Spektrum, Tekin, SMC, MO-GRIP, www.factory-rc.com https://www.shapeways.com/shops/MPP
mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #9505
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo View Post
If it is pushing because you have too much rear traction, try standing up the rear shocks or shortening the rear camber link. Both should give you a little more initial turn in and allow the car to rotate more off power.
Thats what I was trying to say! lol thanks MO!

My rear shocks are pretty layed down
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #9506
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,978
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Thats what I was trying to say! lol thanks MO!

My rear shocks are pretty layed down
Black rear swaybar? most people use the soft copper or at most the silver in the rear, i have never attempted to run the heavy bar.

This could be locking the rear in too much, and not allowing the suspension to work properly.
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #9507
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
Black rear swaybar? most people use the soft copper or at most the silver in the rear, i have never attempted to run the heavy bar.

This could be locking the rear in too much, and not allowing the suspension to work properly.
Im not the only one.....

But I was running no sway bar, and then I put my silver back on, and Vill (local racer) told me to try black, And it drove pretty good, But I will put my silver back on

What would a stiffer sway bar do? I thought it would limit traction in the rear being stiff
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #9508
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I have a question one way guys


I run a spool, But most people in stock run one ways, I mean the fastest guy at my track runs a spool, but he runs a xray

I want more steering flat out, I need more on AND off power steering, like not just give it more dual rate, I need more then that, while trying to keep the cvd's from binding up

And since my swap to BL I have lots more power which made it worse, I could never get the inside pass in the tight turns, And the guy I battle with uses a t2007 with a one way

What should I change to give me more all around steering?

Or should I go to a one way? What would I change to move to a one way?

EDIT, guess I should tell you guys what im running now

2deg on camber front and rear 1.5deg F/R
3.0 pivot block in the rear, 2.5 in the front no change
40wt shock oil 35wt F / 30wt R
Hara's grey soft shock spring kit med in front/ sof in rear.
silver sway bar up front, black in the back No! silver in front copper in rear
0 toe in the frontok
4 degree c hubs ok
front shock are in the 3rd hole being stood up wce tower: 3rd hole from the inside
Rear shocks are in the 4th hole from being stoo downwce tower: 5th from the inside
3mm of ackerman 4mm

Thats it lol, any other info needed, ask me, I want to get this going

EDIT 2

I have the moore speed.. So I have the center one way and the front one way, Should I do the center and front? Or what should I do? if you're running stock - try thr front one-way only in front only. no center oneway just remember when using a one-way do not use your breaks. practice alot with it.. if you don't like it.. switch back to the spool.

also camber links in the inner holes.
F: 3mm R: 1.5mm
ride ht: R: 5.mm F: 4.5mm

I'll tune your car next time I get to SWR. hopefully soon. the same way I tuned Brad's car a few months ago..
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:12 AM   #9509
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: downunder
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
No one wants to help me? I need some steering in this baby! Some tuned steering, in and off power, not dual rate, or epa

What droop are you running probably one of the most useful tunning aids you can do.

Less droop(arms closer to bottom of chassis) more steering higher droop less steering.

Read the manual and just try one extreme of droop to the other and see what you think.

This car is probably the car with the most amount of front traction available as to why not enough steering. It will most likely be a droop issue.
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:43 AM   #9510
ROV
Tech Fanatic
 
ROV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys
Havent posted in a while , but that because of all the great help on this thread...heaps to learn here...
My WCE AM cyclone is runnin real good and can allways do better,,,but now handles(goes sidways, not around)......so happy.......
To anyone wanting better set up than is give on this site.....you can be told how to ,,,,,but you will get even better once you learn how to set a car...I am.....
CHEERS to all fellow cycloner's
PS lovin the 13.5 class

As xxx mains says" all the alli carbon hop ups are nothin unless you can setup"
__________________
TELL THEM ROV'S HERE AND HE'S RUNNIN WHEELS THAT ARE READY TO RACE !!!
CEO TRASH TALK TOURING HOME OF WA'S CHEAP TRASH PISSTAKES
AM PSYCLONE,HOTBODIES D4,NOVAK,LRP,HACKER,MEGA,EFLIGHT.JR,KOPRO,HITECH, SPEKTRUM,TRAKPOWER,OS,CDC,SWASHDRIVE JET,ZENOHA,WEMOTECH DUCTED,LIPO4GO,LOSI,KOKOM,CDC,5IVE,8IGHT,XXCR,LST,CASTLE

Last edited by ROV; 08-24-2007 at 04:47 AM. Reason: caus i can
ROV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net