R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #9466
Tech Master

Hi Guys
I have just bought a 'Moor Speed' kit, and has gone together like a dream. I have been running the Losi 'R' but fancy a change, is there any little quirks to building the car, (even though I have vertually finished it now) I have used the NEW titanium diff screw instead of the ones that come wid the kit, apparently they snap? hopefully not this one as it was 6.99 thats around $14 anybody got any good places for spares for this car please.
Cheers Malc TheCanMan
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #9467
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan View Post
Hi Guys
I have just bought a 'Moor Speed' kit, and has gone together like a dream. I have been running the Losi 'R' but fancy a change, is there any little quirks to building the car, (even though I have vertually finished it now) I have used the NEW titanium diff screw instead of the ones that come wid the kit, apparently they snap? hopefully not this one as it was 6.99 thats around $14 anybody got any good places for spares for this car please.
Cheers Malc TheCanMan
http://www13.ocn.ne.jp/~mirage-j/AH/.../cyclone01.htm

Check that out, the pic's kinda tell the story, if not can always translate it...
Old 08-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #9468
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I have a question one way guys

I run a spool, But most people in stock run one ways, I mean the fastest guy at my track runs a spool, but he runs a xray

I want more steering flat out, I need more on AND off power steering, like not just give it more dual rate, I need more then that, while trying to keep the cvd's from binding up

And since my swap to BL I have lots more power which made it worse, I could never get the inside pass in the tight turns, And the guy I battle with uses a t2007 with a one way

What should I change to give me more all around steering?

Or should I go to a one way? What would I change to move to a one way?

EDIT, guess I should tell you guys what im running now

2deg on camber front and rear
3.0 pivot block in the rear, 2.5 in the front
40wt shock oil
Hara's grey soft shock spring kit
silver sway bar up front, black in the back
0 toe in the front
4 degree c hubs
front shock are in the 3rd hole being stood up
Rear shocks are in the 4th hole from being stoo down
3mm of ackerman

Thats it lol, any other info needed, ask me, I want to get this going

EDIT 2

I have the moore speed.. So I have the center one way and the front one way, Should I do the center and front? Or what should I do?
What surface are you racing on?....
Old 08-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #9469
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew Noble View Post
What surface are you racing on?....
Out doors on tar mac

Traction is med
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #9470
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I want more steering flat out, I need more on AND off power steering, like not just give it more dual rate, I need more then that, while trying to keep the cvd's from binding up
What Class are you running? If you're running stock or slower, go for oneway always. If you are running 19T, go for a oneway probably, maybe a spool depending on track layout. If you are running Modified, go for spool always.

Also, did you set your dual rate based on how much the CVDs were binding up on the pit bench? If so, you'll find you have less chatter when your car is on track. I initially thought that it was best to set dual rate while my car was on the pit bench, but that is incorrect. Set it based on how much chatter your car inhibits as it is driving around the track. You'll know if you've overstepped the mark.

I must admit that with the Cyclone, I usually run around 80-100% dual rate depending on how much steering I want. Chatter just doesn't seem to be much of a problem for the Cyclone really. With other cars, I hated how they worked with a spool, so much so that I ended up running oneway on all tracks because of the problem. But in Modified nowadays, Spool is king! :-)

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:51 PM   #9471
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

I've found this to be a pretty good allround setup for Outdoor Tarmac with Rubber Tyres. Give that a try.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TFTR_280407.pdf (313.4 KB, 160 views)

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #9472
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Alonso View Post
What Class are you running? If you're running stock or slower, go for oneway always. If you are running 19T, go for a oneway probably, maybe a spool depending on track layout. If you are running Modified, go for spool always.

Also, did you set your dual rate based on how much the CVDs were binding up on the pit bench? If so, you'll find you have less chatter when your car is on track. I initially thought that it was best to set dual rate while my car was on the pit bench, but that is incorrect. Set it based on how much chatter your car inhibits as it is driving around the track. You'll know if you've overstepped the mark.

I must admit that with the Cyclone, I usually run around 80-100% dual rate depending on how much steering I want. Chatter just doesn't seem to be much of a problem for the Cyclone really. With other cars, I hated how they worked with a spool, so much so that I ended up running oneway on all tracks because of the problem. But in Modified nowadays, Spool is king! :-)

Yes im running stock, Thing is every time I have tired a one way, The car just spun out, now that was with nothing changed and running more drag brake with a brushed motor, Im BL now and all... Just I cant learn to not hit the brakes, I usually dont hit the brakes at all, But sometimes I have to to avoid crashing

No, I ajust it when its on the track, It has ZERO chatter on the track, And I might be able to go a little bit more, But I debut much

Thing is, as I said, the fastest guy at my track runs a spool in his xray, And my guys here arent no one's there FAST!!! They all went to the nats and all that, so there not just like OK compared to all, there good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Alonso View Post
I've found this to be a pretty good allround setup for Outdoor Tarmac with Rubber Tyres. Give that a try.

I will go look at this

Thanks!
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:32 AM   #9473
Tech Master

Quote:
http://www13.ocn.ne.jp/~mirage-j/AH/.../cyclone01.htm

Check that out, the pic's kinda tell the story, if not can always translate it...
Thanks Stu, see you at the KO ? Come see me, and I will do you a deal on a CCF Really looking forward to running the Cyclone. Do you have a setup for west London, I run 19t
Malc TCCFM
Old 08-21-2007, 04:01 AM   #9474
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
Does anyone see any potential problems by mounting a servo in front of the 5 cell pack like this?

And having only the motor receiver and speedie on the left hand side.

I am thinking there has to be a better way that to run the car 100 grams out of balance, and moving the receiver seems quite a pointless task considering how light they are.

your opinions will be apreciated.
Have finished mounting everything back on the car with the servo in front of the 5 cell pack. I used a full size sanwa servo as i didnt want to hack off the ears of a 9550 just yet.

Good news full steering throw, and L to R balance is out by a mere 15 grams. With a 9550 it will be perfect L to R.

I even think there will be enough room to keep the forward ear on the servo and use a servo mount for more solid servo mounting. The rear ears will still need to be chopped to clear the cells.

Bad news is that the car is still a good 1450 with rubbers. 100 grams over the EFRA weight. Apart from the 10 grams of the smaller servo, not sure where to shed weight. rid the swaybars but thats only another 10.

Some feedback from some 5 cell racers apreciated.
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:38 AM   #9475
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan View Post
Thanks Stu, see you at the KO ? Come see me, and I will do you a deal on a CCF Really looking forward to running the Cyclone. Do you have a setup for west London, I run 19t
Malc TCCFM
Yeah, I'll be at the KO, I really enjoy comming to that race, always a lot of fun...

At the national a few weeks back at West London, i ran this setup from the BTCC but i used 40/45 oil, 8mm rebound and 1.5 front piviot block instead...
Thats where I'll be starting on the Vtec tyres this weekend too...

See ya at the weekend,
Stew
Old 08-21-2007, 06:10 AM   #9476
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default hara build guide

In the Hara build guide it looks like he puts spacers on the shock shaft to limit down travel.

Is this in the front or the rear?

Does anyone know where to get the clear washer that he install on the shock before the top cap?

Thanks

Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #9477
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna555 View Post
In the Hara build guide it looks like he puts spacers on the shock shaft to limit down travel.

Is this in the front or the rear?

Does anyone know where to get the clear washer that he install on the shock before the top cap?

Thanks

Jamie
do you mean the o-ring on the shock shaft?
omoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #9478
Tech Master

Quote:
Yeah, I'll be at the KO, I really enjoy comming to that race, always a lot of fun...

At the national a few weeks back at West London, i ran this setup from the BTCC but i used 40/45 oil, 8mm rebound and 1.5 front piviot block instead...
Thats where I'll be starting on the Vtec tyres this weekend too...

See ya at the weekend,
Stew
Cheers sorry to ask but they do vary, who's oil Losi, Schu, Muchmore, etc ?
Cheers Malc
Old 08-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #9479
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, I really don't know where to ask this question, I would rather ask it somewhere somewhat related rather make a new thread just for it...

Anyway, is the Hara T2.1 okay or should I get the Hara T2.2???

[Tamiya] [Hot Bodies]

[Futaba] [SpeedPassion] [LRP] [YeahRacing] [3Racing] [Imax]
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #9480
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where do you guys actually find the interactive setup sheet??
Rogier is offline   Reply With Quote