Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moorespeed
HI what is a bmi chassi. I have read about it in many places but never sean a picture

here is a pic of the chassis kit.i am no longer making TC kits because i am concentrating on the release of my 1/12th scale car. i have 1 cyclone carpet kit left in stock.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-cyclone.jpg  
Old 08-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone see any potential problems by mounting a servo in front of the 5 cell pack like this?

And having only the motor receiver and speedie on the left hand side.

I am thinking there has to be a better way that to run the car 100 grams out of balance, and moving the receiver seems quite a pointless task considering how light they are.

your opinions will be apreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-imgp4169.jpg  
Old 08-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default fast eddy

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Does anyone see any potential problems by mounting a servo in front of the 5 cell pack like this?

And having only the motor receiver and speedie on the left hand side.

I am thinking there has to be a better way that to run the car 100 grams out of balance, and moving the receiver seems quite a pointless task considering how light they are.

your opinions will be apreciated.
It is some times very handsome to move te battery to the front,
Not always of course, see ronald volker set-up sheet
Old 08-19-2007, 03:52 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
here is a pic of the chassis kit.i am no longer making TC kits because i am concentrating on the release of my 1/12th scale car. i have 1 cyclone carpet kit left in stock.

Jason, I assume this means no more asphalt cyclone kits as well?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Which is now gone

Hehe
Old 08-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

I have a question one way guys

I run a spool, But most people in stock run one ways, I mean the fastest guy at my track runs a spool, but he runs a xray

I want more steering flat out, I need more on AND off power steering, like not just give it more dual rate, I need more then that, while trying to keep the cvd's from binding up

And since my swap to BL I have lots more power which made it worse, I could never get the inside pass in the tight turns, And the guy I battle with uses a t2007 with a one way

What should I change to give me more all around steering?

Or should I go to a one way? What would I change to move to a one way?

EDIT, guess I should tell you guys what im running now

2deg on camber front and rear
3.0 pivot block in the rear, 2.5 in the front
40wt shock oil
Hara's grey soft shock spring kit
silver sway bar up front, black in the back
0 toe in the front
4 degree c hubs
front shock are in the 3rd hole being stood up
Rear shocks are in the 4th hole from being stoo down
3mm of ackerman

Thats it lol, any other info needed, ask me, I want to get this going

EDIT 2

I have the moore speed.. So I have the center one way and the front one way, Should I do the center and front? Or what should I do?

Last edited by BlackedOutREVO; 08-19-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eded1
It is some times very handsome to move te battery to the front,
Not always of course, see ronald volker set-up sheet
My thinking was to improve Lto R balance, and having the servo there would put the required weight over the front end any how.

My reasoning was that the Cyclone is roughly 100 grams light on the batt side running 5 cells, the servo is roughly 50, so moving the servo accross should make it equal L to R. My only issue now is wether the short tie rod will cause weird steering curves, and also now the left front might be too light, though you could move the receiver and speedie well forward.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
hey guys gearing up for carpet agin looking for good stock setup for cyclone im running a bmi chasis thxs to jason i meet at the birds and good ole marco starting to hit the track next week in nc so i need a new set up thxs reggie
here you go
Old 08-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
I have just bought a 'Moor Speed' kit, and has gone together like a dream. I have been running the Losi 'R' but fancy a change, is there any little quirks to building the car, (even though I have vertually finished it now) I have used the NEW titanium diff screw instead of the ones that come wid the kit, apparently they snap? hopefully not this one as it was £6.99 thats around $14 anybody got any good places for spares for this car please.
Cheers Malc TheCanMan
Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi Guys
I have just bought a 'Moor Speed' kit, and has gone together like a dream. I have been running the Losi 'R' but fancy a change, is there any little quirks to building the car, (even though I have vertually finished it now) I have used the NEW titanium diff screw instead of the ones that come wid the kit, apparently they snap? hopefully not this one as it was £6.99 thats around $14 anybody got any good places for spares for this car please.
Cheers Malc TheCanMan
http://www13.ocn.ne.jp/~mirage-j/AH/.../cyclone01.htm

Check that out, the pic's kinda tell the story, if not can always translate it...
Old 08-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I have a question one way guys

I run a spool, But most people in stock run one ways, I mean the fastest guy at my track runs a spool, but he runs a xray

I want more steering flat out, I need more on AND off power steering, like not just give it more dual rate, I need more then that, while trying to keep the cvd's from binding up

And since my swap to BL I have lots more power which made it worse, I could never get the inside pass in the tight turns, And the guy I battle with uses a t2007 with a one way

What should I change to give me more all around steering?

Or should I go to a one way? What would I change to move to a one way?

EDIT, guess I should tell you guys what im running now

2deg on camber front and rear
3.0 pivot block in the rear, 2.5 in the front
40wt shock oil
Hara's grey soft shock spring kit
silver sway bar up front, black in the back
0 toe in the front
4 degree c hubs
front shock are in the 3rd hole being stood up
Rear shocks are in the 4th hole from being stoo down
3mm of ackerman

Thats it lol, any other info needed, ask me, I want to get this going

EDIT 2

I have the moore speed.. So I have the center one way and the front one way, Should I do the center and front? Or what should I do?
What surface are you racing on?....
Old 08-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stew Noble
What surface are you racing on?....
Out doors on tar mac

Traction is med
Old 08-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
What Class are you running? If you're running stock or slower, go for oneway always. If you are running 19T, go for a oneway probably, maybe a spool depending on track layout. If you are running Modified, go for spool always.

Also, did you set your dual rate based on how much the CVDs were binding up on the pit bench? If so, you'll find you have less chatter when your car is on track. I initially thought that it was best to set dual rate while my car was on the pit bench, but that is incorrect. Set it based on how much chatter your car inhibits as it is driving around the track. You'll know if you've overstepped the mark.

I must admit that with the Cyclone, I usually run around 80-100% dual rate depending on how much steering I want. Chatter just doesn't seem to be much of a problem for the Cyclone really. With other cars, I hated how they worked with a spool, so much so that I ended up running oneway on all tracks because of the problem. But in Modified nowadays, Spool is king! :-)
Old 08-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've found this to be a pretty good allround setup for Outdoor Tarmac with Rubber Tyres. Give that a try.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TFTR_280407.pdf (313.4 KB, 211 views)
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
What Class are you running? If you're running stock or slower, go for oneway always. If you are running 19T, go for a oneway probably, maybe a spool depending on track layout. If you are running Modified, go for spool always.

Also, did you set your dual rate based on how much the CVDs were binding up on the pit bench? If so, you'll find you have less chatter when your car is on track. I initially thought that it was best to set dual rate while my car was on the pit bench, but that is incorrect. Set it based on how much chatter your car inhibits as it is driving around the track. You'll know if you've overstepped the mark.

I must admit that with the Cyclone, I usually run around 80-100% dual rate depending on how much steering I want. Chatter just doesn't seem to be much of a problem for the Cyclone really. With other cars, I hated how they worked with a spool, so much so that I ended up running oneway on all tracks because of the problem. But in Modified nowadays, Spool is king! :-)

Yes im running stock, Thing is every time I have tired a one way, The car just spun out, now that was with nothing changed and running more drag brake with a brushed motor, Im BL now and all... Just I cant learn to not hit the brakes, I usually dont hit the brakes at all, But sometimes I have to to avoid crashing

No, I ajust it when its on the track, It has ZERO chatter on the track, And I might be able to go a little bit more, But I debut much

Thing is, as I said, the fastest guy at my track runs a spool in his xray, And my guys here arent no one's there FAST!!! They all went to the nats and all that, so there not just like OK compared to all, there good!

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
I've found this to be a pretty good allround setup for Outdoor Tarmac with Rubber Tyres. Give that a try.

I will go look at this

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.