R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #9061
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
my bro is already tempted to get a Hara R40..
for me Nitro cost too much...$$$$ plus I don't like the smell and noise...

maybe Billy will Fill up the track with dirt and we can race offroad..
then dig up the asphalt again when on-road becomes popular again..

anyways.. back to the regular schedule program... cyclones...

hmm....... the cyclones already a couple of years old... wonder if there is a Cyclone II in the works..


yeah, i want a xray nt1

but a hara r40 is kewl to.. idk who runs them tho

LOL haha that would be funny.....

and yeah i know! i kinda hope so for next season, i want to build a new car again! thats SOOOO fun!
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #9062
Tech Regular
 
Mike Schumacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: RC Madness, CT
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Will Corally RDX's steering knuckle fit on Cyclone? I've heard RDX's C-hub can fit but not sure on steering knuckle...
Mike Schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:57 AM   #9063
Tech Adept
 
Cyclone Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent Wa
Posts: 106
Default

Does anyone know if the Cyclone is being represented at the ROAR Nationals in Seattle this weekend? Any team drivers?

I guess I'll go down there today and find out. I know Associated, X-Ray, and Tamiya are there in full force.

I watched practice for a little while yesterday and those TC5's are fast!
Cyclone Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #9064
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie View Post
Does anyone know if the Cyclone is being represented at the ROAR Nationals in Seattle this weekend? Any team drivers?

I guess I'll go down there today and find out. I know Associated, X-Ray, and Tamiya are there in full force.

I watched practice for a little while yesterday and those TC5's are fast!
just remember that it's not the car that is fast.. it's how well the racer drives..

if Hara showed up... it might be a 4peat..or is that 5 consecutive ROAR nat titles.. ?
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #9065
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,878
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529
Default

May be getting a Hara edition Cyclone soon. Anyone suggest any extra parts that may be needed for asphalt/rubber racing? What is the most prone to break?
cpatel529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #9066
Tech Master
 
Guo Chean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana, PA15701
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
just remember that it's not the car that is fast.. it's how well the racer drives..

if Hara showed up... it might be a 4peat..or is that 5 consecutive ROAR nat titles.. ?
Hara name doesn't show up in the registration list.
__________________
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]|HotBodies|HPI|Full Throttle Motorsports|KO PROPO|DSM|Nosram|JACO|MUCH MORE RACING|Schacht Design Works|[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Guo Chean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #9067
Tech Adept
 
Cyclone Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent Wa
Posts: 106
Default

I only saw one Cyclone there and it broke. Looks like a weak point is the front CV's. I had problems with my stock aluminum ones too. You can always tell too, the car won't hold in the corners when the CV's give out.

I like my Cyclone, but I'm finding that it breaks to much in stock form. CV problem was cured by steel bones instead of the stock aluminum ones. The center one-way didn't hold up and I went fixed pulley to cure it. What's next?
Cyclone Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #9068
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatel529 View Post
May be getting a Hara edition Cyclone soon. Anyone suggest any extra parts that may be needed for asphalt/rubber racing? What is the most prone to break?
get the p-dub front bumper..that will save you some major headaches.
replace the front CV's with the steel versions..
the new V3 spool is great to have especially on asphalt and will last alot longer than the stock spool.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean View Post
Hara name doesn't show up in the registration list.
Hara's not registered...he's in japan eating sushi..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie View Post
I only saw one Cyclone there and it broke. Looks like a weak point is the front CV's. I had problems with my stock aluminum ones too. You can always tell too, the car won't hold in the corners when the CV's give out.

I like my Cyclone, but I'm finding that it breaks to much in stock form. CV problem was cured by steel bones instead of the stock aluminum ones. The center one-way didn't hold up and I went fixed pulley to cure it. What's next?
a fixed center pulley/spool is probably the best way for the cyclone...
even though my CV's has broke.. I automatically replace them with the steel ones...especially if you're going to run a spool or front one-way.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #9069
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,517
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I had a real problem with the cyclone CVDs too until I dremeled a notch in the center of the CVD pin that connects the axle to the bone. That gave the grub screw a place to sit in so the pin couldn't move in either direction and work it's way out. I haven't had trouble since
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #9070
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
I had a real problem with the cyclone CVDs too until I dremeled a notch in the center of the CVD pin that connects the axle to the bone. That gave the grub screw a place to sit in so the pin couldn't move in either direction and work it's way out. I haven't had trouble since
early on I had problems with the pics coming loose...nothing the pin is a must!

notching the CVD pin was part of Hara's how to build the cyclone..
sorry...forgot what website it was on...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #9071
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
early on I had problems with the pics coming loose...nothing the pin is a must!

notching the CVD pin was part of Hara's how to build the cyclone..
sorry...forgot what website it was on...


this one?

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DG
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:59 PM   #9072
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,517
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
early on I had problems with the pics coming loose...nothing the pin is a must!

notching the CVD pin was part of Hara's how to build the cyclone..
sorry...forgot what website it was on...
Hmm...i never say that site, but I also never had a problem with pins coming out on other cars. I just thought it would help keep it in place and it did. Cool site though. The translations are funny
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #9073
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

this is the most important part of the instructions:

The work of becoming next before preparation motion. It unites the hand and [guriguri] turns and undoes the wrist.



then take a break..
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #9074
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,517
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
this is the most important part of the instructions:

The work of becoming next before preparation motion. It unites the hand and [guriguri] turns and undoes the wrist.



then take a break..

He looks like he's praying the car will stay together
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #9075
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
He looks like he's praying the car will stay together
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:53 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net