R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #8821
Tech Adept

You guys are both saying the same thing but misunderstanding each other. Yes a bigger pinion = higher top end, slower acceleration. A smaller pinion is the opposite. A bigger spur with the same size pinion means lower top end faster acceleration and a smaller spur with the same pinion means higher top end.
Yub, yub, cmdr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #8822
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default aluminum blue parts

Surikarn edition Cyclone parts....and aluminum hubs & knuckles anyone know where I can find these
Old 06-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #8823
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elboogie View Post
Actually lying down the shocks gives you more lateral grip. If you want increased steering, change your pivot block in the front. i run on carpet so I use a 0 degree in the front because I don't need the steering. the higher you go up with the pivot block in the front, the more steering that you will get.
My IMPRESSION is that if you are running on carpet (high grip foam, never raced rubber on carpet) you should be stiffening your springs to take away steering while pivot blocks effect your handling through the corner (is that what you mean by lateral grip?), but i find most people tend to play with the rear pivot block and not the front.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #8824
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
My IMPRESSION is that if you are running on carpet (high grip foam, never raced rubber on carpet) you should be stiffening your springs to take away steering while pivot blocks effect your handling through the corner (is that what you mean by lateral grip?), but i find most people tend to play with the rear pivot block and not the front.
I got the information from hpiracing.com. If you go to the Pro4 manual, it will show you the effect on changing your pivot blocks. I know I messed with the pivot blocks in the front and when I went from 0 degree to the 2.5 degree (used mostly on asphalt) I got way too much steering. the Pro4 manual shows that the higher number pivot block in the front increases your steering. That is where I got the information from and testing it out, it seems to be true. And yes you should be stiffening your springs. If you want a very good set-up book, check on teamxray website and look at the set up book that they have in PDF form, It is a great reference.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #8825
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yub, yub, cmdr! View Post
You guys are both saying the same thing but misunderstanding each other. Yes a bigger pinion = higher top end, slower acceleration. A smaller pinion is the opposite. A bigger spur with the same size pinion means lower top end faster acceleration and a smaller spur with the same pinion means higher top end.
I got the pinion and the spur backwards. Like I said I never really change my spur so I do agree with you. Thanks for the correction because I don't want to give out info that I may not be sure on.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #8826
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yub and El- im Not or Never said anything about GEAR ratio, just that a LARGER SPUR with the same RATIO of a smaller spur&pinion will STILL give the car better Torque than a smaller SPUR. The End

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #8827
Tech Addict

Just to make some things clear, Mangoman and Elboogie, you are both right.
Like Elboogie said, you get more steering by using the 2.5 degrees instead of 0 degrees, but you should realize that it's because the wheelbase gets smaller (the arms are more swepped back).
Like Mangoman said is true, it changes the characteristic of the steering and that's what the front inboard toe (out) is intended for (if your just looking for some steering there are other/better ways to accomplish this).
The more degrees you use the smaller the wheelbase gets when the suspension gets compressed.
On the track this means that you get more steering turn in and less turn out the more degrees you use.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #8828
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
products

where to get p-dub products from.
JR Z1,Orion 4300Mah,Ib 4200Mah,Ice,Rp,Trinity.
Race Prepaired & Driven By TEAM DRIVER (BARBER)
barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #8829
Tech Elite

anyone have a zero degree pivot block they wanna sell me?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #8830
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paul is updating the wedsite, but www.nexusracing.net has everything i think,

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #8831
Tech Initiate

Default setup help

Could somebody shoot me a setup for the Hara edition cyclone ? I need it for a bumpy carpet track with lots of tight turns . Short hair ozite the old stuff . I will be running brushless 13.5 on it thanks . Foam tires are required to be ran . Thanks in advance .
Matt Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:31 AM   #8832
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhre View Post
All the bulkheads are aluminum. My thought is that he had a friend with a S version and probably sold, or gave the drivetrain parts to him before getting rid of it. I didn't know what to look for when I picked it up from him off of ebay so I didn't realize it was missing almost $200 worth of parts.

So I want to run a spool, I'm just not sure where to get it from

Where is the best place to get the updated parts from?
You can get the V3 spool from www.stormerhobbies.com or www.speedtechrc.com Stormer doesn't have pictures but has more in stock Speedtech has all the items listed in pictures so you can look there for info.
Anemic_SluG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:41 PM   #8833
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default anyone know where I can find these

still looking for Surikarn edition Cyclone parts....and blue aluminum hubs & knuckles
Old 06-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #8834
Tech Elite

those new WCE cvd bones are POS as well. i ran two runs today. and i come off the track each time with the hole for the pin ripped out. and the last run i only tapped our 180 corner going like 5mph while off throttle. i must say in the two weeks i have had this car i am very upset with the quality of parts. i have blow two verson 2 universals three HD steel universals and today two WCE cvds. and i am not even hitting anything hard at all. i am not the top sponsored guy but i am no means a bad driver. i just finished up that last qualifier witht eh ripped bone and set then 2nd fastest time. i broke less parts on my pro4 in the almost 3 years i had it. and in 3 days of running i have broken 7 dog bones. i even modded my spool by widening the outdrives a bit so i could fit the pin cushion blades on it. and those bones are breaking before the blades get smashed. i guess ill have to find a way to get the xray spring steel stuff to work on this car?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #8835
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward Haywood View Post
still looking for Surikarn edition Cyclone parts....and blue aluminum hubs & knuckles
look at the stores in in japan and places like that. i havent seen may places with the blue parts. try precision rc and rc model. places like that. m,aybe even trying 3racing's website