Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 06-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

those bolth are old.. theres a 3 peice one now that comes with the moore speed, i cant find it on tower.. and my manual is still all packed in my case from the race.. so by tomarow if u havent gotten help i will go get the part #
Old 06-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay so here is the situation that I am in. I bought a used Cyclone Black without knowing anything about it. Apparently somewhere along the line most of the drivetrain parts where changed out with lower end parts. It doesn't have the center or front oneway. The center shaft has the plastic pullys and spur gear holder. The front of the car just had a differential in it. I really like the car and I want to get it going but I need some help. Since I'm starting from scratch as far as the drivetrain goes I want to get it right. What is the purpose of the oneway center pully when you've got a one way pully on the front diff? What parts do I need to upgrade the drivetrain. Do I need the center shaft with two pully's and a spool in the front, or should I go with the center shaft and one pully and one, oneway pully and a oneway in the front diff? If I go with a spool, which one should I get, the 3racing one, the HB 2piece, or HB one piece?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Myhre
Okay so here is the situation that I am in. I bought a used Cyclone Black without knowing anything about it. Apparently somewhere along the line most of the drivetrain parts where changed out with lower end parts. It doesn't have the center or front oneway. The center shaft has the plastic pullys and spur gear holder. The front of the car just had a differential in it. I really like the car and I want to get it going but I need some help. Since I'm starting from scratch as far as the drivetrain goes I want to get it right. What is the purpose of the oneway center pully when you've got a one way pully on the front diff? What parts do I need to upgrade the drivetrain. Do I need the center shaft with two pully's and a spool in the front, or should I go with the center shaft and one pully and one, oneway pully and a oneway in the front diff? If I go with a spool, which one should I get, the 3racing one, the HB 2piece, or HB one piece?

u have to be very smooth to drive a oneway for the most part... a spool is alot more prdicatble and simple to drive, so u figure tht out on ur part

and that sounds like cyclone s parts
Old 06-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Are you sure its not a cyclone S that was upgraded?
Are all the pivot blocks and bulkheads plastic or black aluminium?

Anyway depending on the class you will probably want a one-way or spool in the front. Some people use centre one-ways but apparently it gets gritty easily and then the handling of the car becomes inconsistent, so you have to pull the centre one-way out on a regular basis and clean it. Im not sure about the text book advantages of running a centre oneway and front oneway but i think its meant to make the drivetrain more efficient when they are used together.

If you are running 540 or stock you would probably be better off with a one-way (although i prefer a spool in stock) while in faster classes like 19T or mod a spool is more ideal.

If you use either a one-way or spool then upgrade the centre-pulley to the front belt. It will strip quite easily in small crashes. It doesnt strip with a ball diff cause when you crash the ball diff gives a little in crashes reducing the stresses transmitted through the drive train back to the centre pulley.

Now the tricky thing is that you will have to upgrade the centre layshaft. The new centre layshaft seems to have both holes so that you can use pins like on the plastic parts or a flat notch needed to fix the metal parts which grub screws, so you need to work out of you have that layshaft or not. I havent tried using the holes for the plastic parts but im pretty confident that is what they are for.

Ive got a few spools and i prefer the v3 spool like on the moorespeed cyclone..
Old 06-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

All the bulkheads are aluminum. My thought is that he had a friend with a S version and probably sold, or gave the drivetrain parts to him before getting rid of it. I didn't know what to look for when I picked it up from him off of ebay so I didn't realize it was missing almost $200 worth of parts.

So I want to run a spool, I'm just not sure where to get it from

Where is the best place to get the updated parts from?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have some set-up tips, or A set-up for reasonably LOW grip CARPET???... i know thats strange for carpet, but the stuff we run on at this track isnt Ozite or racing carpet, generally even when dialed the cars are still on the verge of being taily.

Or do any of you aussie guys have any tips for a cyclone at the ACT Indoor track???

I ran an xray there last year and it was dialed, but i've picked up a cyclone to try this year also, just need a starting point.

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 06-18-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Losi123- the same as a T2 , only 4 screws and the bulk head lifts off.

Xray racer- start with the factory set up off the website. www.hotbodiesonline.net or if you ran a T2 on your carpet, put that set-up on the cyclone, they like the same set-ups almost, i ran Xray's for the past 5 years. not much difference.

Last edited by ICEMAN; 06-18-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xray racer
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have some set-up tips, or A set-up for reasonably LOW grip CARPET???... i know thats strange for carpet, but the stuff we run on at this track isnt Ozite or racing carpet, generally even when dialed the cars are still on the verge of being taily.

Or do any of you aussie guys have any tips for a cyclone at the ACT Indoor track???

I ran an xray there last year and it was dialed, but i've picked up a cyclone to try this year also, just need a starting point.

Cheers,

Robbie

What class you running in matey? Theres a few of us in ACt who run the clones at Natex. Pm me and i miht be able to help ya out.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Sounds like your car was for carpet
Old 06-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fjm9898
ill just have to try it. i cant get any corner speed with the car on this super grip track

geez i cant find those #61095 mid cvd bones anywhere. and need them fast! nats is only 3 weeks away! i might have to grab some from TIR. they also have the 2 pairs of hole which is nice

FJM Speedtechrc.com has them in stock. That's where I get all my cyclone stuff
Old 06-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ICEMAN
Losi123 - the Pulleys work great and I have had not problem running them in 16, 17 or 18 set-ups, it does cahnge your final drive to a much better level. Belt tension is not an issue.

But the 3racing pulleys will not make the Final drive in the 3.6's , you divide the center pulley, by the diff pulleys to get your F-drive

Stock is 39/6=2.4375
39/17=2.294
39/18=2.166

You use the stock belt with the 17 and 18T pulleys? My belts feel tight withthe stock 16T
Old 06-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Myhre
All the bulkheads are aluminum. My thought is that he had a friend with a S version and probably sold, or gave the drivetrain parts to him before getting rid of it. I didn't know what to look for when I picked it up from him off of ebay so I didn't realize it was missing almost $200 worth of parts.

So I want to run a spool, I'm just not sure where to get it from

Where is the best place to get the updated parts from?
Stormer Hobbies has the version 3 spool in stock.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh, part # 61086
Old 06-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

speedtechrc.com has them in stock too
Old 06-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

does anyone here have the zero degree pivot block that they dont want/need. i just dont feel like spending 15 for a new one. i want a purple one if you have one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.