R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #8656
Tech Initiate

Ok Elboogie, for me is the same, i drilled the holes to 2.5mm with the original screw, and work well, but broken, i put a titanium screw, not broken but loosen, is i tight the differential, broken screw.
Well, i put a ceramics balls, titanium screw, and the plastic outdrives (diff cup joint black) and seems the best solution, for me, not loosen.
But i find, the least and not the last solution , i put a Xray diff, with a xray drive shaft, with blades, and never more i broke a diff and loose diff.
In pages back, is there a pics for a make a spur diff, you need a xray 34T diff spur and HB 39T, cut and paste .
xluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #8657
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

i got a moore speed and havent broken one diff screw, my diff is somewhat tight, the pulley wont slip, its tightened a turn, turn and a half i think past that..... havent broke one with a mamba max in it, 19 turn, and my stock motor, and lots of crashes..... and im new to this car, well not really now, but still, idk how those things break
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #8658
Tech Apprentice

Smile Roll Center

Hi.

I need some practical information about the efect on leaving the 1,5mm shims under the blocks.. like in the standard Moore speed setup-

In this standard setup they recomend to use the 3degrees block at the rear and the 2,5 degree at the front.
The 3degrees block at the rear creating stanility, but why the 2.2 dregreeat the front .
thanks for any support

Pedro

PS: I tought that we keepjo
Drcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #8659
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I broke 4 diff screws till I stuck an additional washer under the diff nut. This washer is the same washer that is under the thrust spring (on the other side of the diff).

I think its 6x3x0.5mm, but will check those dimensions tonight as I know how "correct" some of you like to be.....
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #8660
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz View Post
Drill out the holes in your diff halves and use the Team Associated diff screw and nut. You will be much happier with this setup.
I think that I will try that because someone else mentioned that. Thanks for the input everyone, I know that the information will help.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #8661
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad View Post
I broke 4 diff screws till I stuck an additional washer under the diff nut. This washer is the same washer that is under the thrust spring (on the other side of the diff).

I think its 6x3x0.5mm, but will check those dimensions tonight as I know how "correct" some of you like to be.....
thanks for the info I will try that as well. that is the reason why I post my problems here because I know that the answers you get are helpful

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Old 06-07-2007, 02:15 AM   #8662
Tech Adept

Hello,

For the diff :

Use the moore screw.
Drill out the holes in the two diff halves (2.5 mm)
Use the corally diff washers instead of the standard spring (The spring is the real problem).
Put black grease on the entire screw

You can read this article (Sorry in french):

http://www.overrc.com/techniques/reg...iescyclone.htm
S_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:36 AM   #8663
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elboogie View Post
thanks for the info I will try that as well. that is the reason why I post my problems here because I know that the answers you get are helpful

Just out of interest... where have all your screws broken... Mine all broke just above the diff nut.... Hence, after reading the build guide below, and seeing what Hara's done on his car I thought itís reasonable to give his method a try. So far itís turned out well for me....

I'm assuming that the diff nut has trouble sitting perpendicular to the screw and gets kinked over and snaps, but with the washer in place the nut must sit better in the diff housing and its all good from there... IMO

Hara Building Guide

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DG
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies Cyclone-cyclone-diff-nut-washer.jpg  
Old 06-07-2007, 05:08 AM   #8664
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad View Post
Just out of interest... where have all your screws broken... Mine all broke just above the diff nut.... Hence, after reading the build guide below, and seeing what Hara's done on his car I thought itís reasonable to give his method a try. So far itís turned out well for me....

I'm assuming that the diff nut has trouble sitting perpendicular to the screw and gets kinked over and snaps, but with the washer in place the nut must sit better in the diff housing and its all good from there... IMO

Hara Building Guide

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Yes this is a good tips for the plastic diff but it's not possible with the aluminium diff, because the blade will touch the nut if you add a washer.
S_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 AM   #8665
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter

As ive said before its all in the diff build,ive only ever broke 2 in 2 years of running the car.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #8666
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_fender View Post
Yes this is a good tips for the plastic diff but it's not possible with the aluminium diff, because the blade will touch the nut if you add a washer.
Strange... I've never notice a problem with doing this in either delrin or aluminium outdrives...
Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #8667
Tech Apprentice

I never broke a diff screw until recently when i was pulling my diff out of my car and the screw snapped.
savageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #8668
Tech Regular

Here's another question. (keeping you guys on your toes....lol)

I use 45 wgt oil in the front shocks and 40 in the rear. The springs that I use in the front is stiffer than those in the rear (basic onroad set up).

Here is my question.

When I place my car on my setup board, even though everything in the front of the car is stiffer, when I compress the front and back end, the back end feels stiffer.

Is it just me?

Mind you, I have a good setup, the shock positions in the towers aren't irregular, they are placed in a regular set up position that you will find on all cars so there isn't anything drastic that I do different.

i just thought that it was weird that the back of the car feels stiffer even though everything is set up on the front to be stiffer.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Old 06-07-2007, 02:25 PM   #8669
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageguy View Post
I never broke a diff screw until recently when i was pulling my diff out of my car and the screw snapped.
I think that I am overtighetening my diff.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #8670
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

have you checked your pistons? if you only have a one hole in the rear and a 3 hole in the font that would make a difference.

if not maybe something is binding?