R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #8641
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elboogie View Post
I placed this question about 2 pages back but got no response. Can you guys read it and give me any suggestions. Thanks.
i ran a 1.5mm spacer in the rear to clear the tires
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #8642
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Elboogie-Scotty and Boomer dont Check for width, as long as your wheel dont stick out the side of the body like a REDNECK 78' Camaro you will be GOOD. I ran at IIC last year and width was not a issue, weight, wing height and ride heighwas it you can shave your wheels down on the tire truer, i do it every year at the Snowbird's.

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #8643
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yeah, if you need just a bit more space but dont want to mess with setup u can pop them on the truer and take a file and rub down the inside wall a bit to make it fit
Old 06-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #8644
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've several of you guys post on here about the different greases you use in the cvd's for this car so I thought I'd post what I use. It's very clean, dry and very effective. I used their teflon version and don't like it as well and I've used White Lightening but I think this Finish Line Krytox Wax lube is the best so far. Let me know what you think. You can find it at most any bike shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies Cyclone-finishline_krytech_4oz_05_m.jpg  

2016 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #8645
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM View Post
I've several of you guys post on here about the different greases you use in the cvd's for this car so I thought I'd post what I use. It's very clean, dry and very effective. I used their teflon version and don't like it as well and I've used White Lightening but I think this Finish Line Krytox Wax lube is the best so far. Let me know what you think. You can find it at most any bike shop.
and the best thing is it doesnt fly off i used something like that on my motorcycle chain when i used to race
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #8646
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
ok !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #8647
Tech Elite

Quote:
I've several of you guys post on here about the different greases you use in the cvd's .... Finish Line Krytox Wax lube is the best so far.
Are you talking about in the actual cross joints of the universals or where the universal sits in the cups? The cross joints in my car get so badly worn because i hate pulling them apart and never clean them DoH!
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #8648
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

i just want to say, after complaining about my stuff, i got it all worked out yesterday with the help of billy

motor runs grate! and he set up the car ALOT different then i had it, its close to dilaed now!
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #8649
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
Are you talking about in the actual cross joints of the universals or where the universal sits in the cups? The cross joints in my car get so badly worn because i hate pulling them apart and never clean them DoH!
That's exactly the location! Clean them out with motor spray, then put in a few drops and let it dry

2016 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #8650
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

does anybody know the cyclone set ups from the reedy race?
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #8651
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies Cyclone-p1030112.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-p1030113.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-p1030114.jpg  
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #8652
Tech Regular

Default Diff Screw and Nut

I know that this has been addressed in the forum on pages back but I didn't want to have to go look. Here is my situation:

Someone tell me what the hell is the issue with the diff screws and Nuts!!!!

since I have had this car I have broken 5 diffs screws and nuts and mind you, you are talking about someone who is very experienced with RC for years now. In the past when I had a TC3 and even back to my Pro2 days, I NEVER broke a diff screw and since I have had this car, I have broken about 5. i don't over tighten my diff at all but they continue to break.

Can anyone suggest to me maybe another diff screw an nut (maybe even another manafacturer) that I can put in my car that will not break just because the diff is a "little" tight?!!!

This is the only thing that frustrates me about my car and I need help or suggestions.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #8653
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
Elboogie-Scotty and Boomer dont Check for width, as long as your wheel dont stick out the side of the body like a REDNECK 78' Camaro you will be GOOD. I ran at IIC last year and width was not a issue, weight, wing height and ride heighwas it you can shave your wheels down on the tire truer, i do it every year at the Snowbird's.

Thanks Ice. This will be my first IIC (that's a shame because I live in Vegas) and I wanted to make sure of the requirements etc. I thank you for the info and I will let the guys at our track know.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:40 PM   #8654
jaz
Tech Regular

Quote:
I know that this has been addressed in the forum on pages back but I didn't want to have to go look. Here is my situation:

since I have had this car I have broken 5 diffs screws and nuts and mind you, you are talking about someone who is very experienced with RC for years now. In the past when I had a TC3 and even back to my Pro2 days, I NEVER broke a diff screw and since I have had this car, I have broken about 5. i don't over tighten my diff at all but they continue to break.

Can anyone suggest to me maybe another diff screw an nut (maybe even another manafacturer) that I can put in my car that will not break just because the diff is a "little" tight?!!!

This is the only thing that frustrates me about my car and I need help or suggestions.
Drill out the holes in your diff halves and use the Team Associated diff screw and nut. You will be much happier with this setup.
jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #8655
Tech Regular

Quote:

After i build a fresh diff i set it up to it slips with medium ish pressure, it then gets run in practice or run it in on the pit table, they really do tighten up and become smoother as the excess grease finds its way out. Also drill the hole in the halves where the screw goes through to 2.5mm as it looks like when the screw flexes under stress it hits the inside of the diff half when its the stock hole. Only thing i have different in the diff is ceramic diff balls. the screw normally breaks when the diff is too tight before it is run in, i have seen AE screws break at the head and some HB screws break at the thread. Just seems to be technique.
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote