Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wanted to post, Yesterday was my first outing with the BMI Chassis and it was AWESOME. what a difference over the stock one on pavement, the best upgrade i have bought.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Pookyt said your car looked really good. I ran my Surikarn at the BTH last year and it was really good. Make sure to give Pookyt a love tap for me next time yall race.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Yes the car was Pretty GOOD, just a little fine line tuning and it should be online,
Old 06-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
my ib's dont take in over 4000 mah!!!
Um probably not the best thread to be asking battery and motor questions but dont discharge your IBs and leave them for more than a day or so discharged.

If you are stock racing you dont need more than 3000 mah, as long as the batteries still have good volts why are you worried?

My batteries are about the same taking about 4000 charge from about .9 but still feel strong at the end of 5 minutes of 19T. It only takes out about 2200 for a 5 minute run including a couple laps of warmups.

If your motor is running hotter than other peoples than the most likely reasons are you have it geared wrong, you have a dud or you are not maintaining your motors. How do you know its hot what is the temperature, and what is the temperature of other peoples who are running the same rollout.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Ice
Post some pic's of your new Chassis,
Addam
Old 06-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Your motor may be hot because you have it over geared, tuned wrong, or are over driving the car. Are you racing or bashing?

If you are not dumping your IB's to all the way to 0 they will not take a full. mah charge. I would not pay to much attention to that. Unless they are way below 4000. If they are all doing it I would say normal. Or its the charger.

but isnt over geared making the speedo hot? and under geared is a hot motor?

im racing.. i have used fans and all, and it runs hot.. i guess maybe im still under geared?

and u know i think it mite be my charger, i am discharging them to .9 volts, and then charging them back up at 5.5 amps, and theres all the lil settings that i have been told to charge them at. or are they just nt cycled yet and are being a pita? because i thought it was my 2 fans killing it, but then i went and looked at the numbers and the charger only puts in 4000 or less, every time so far on bolth
Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
Um probably not the best thread to be asking battery and motor questions but dont discharge your IBs and leave them for more than a day or so discharged.

If you are stock racing you dont need more than 3000 mah, as long as the batteries still have good volts why are you worried?

My batteries are about the same taking about 4000 charge from about .9 but still feel strong at the end of 5 minutes of 19T. It only takes out about 2200 for a 5 minute run including a couple laps of warmups.

If your motor is running hotter than other peoples than the most likely reasons are you have it geared wrong, you have a dud or you are not maintaining your motors. How do you know its hot what is the temperature, and what is the temperature of other peoples who are running the same rollout.

i know that, but either they are dumping, or the motor is not performing because of the heat.... it running at 160+, doesnt smell lik its burning, but idk how hot these things can get before they start performing worse

i maintain it, i always clean it up good, i get my comm cut from racers, replace the brushes etc.... the comm harldy ever get marks on it when i clean it, i put 4 runs max on it before it gets torn down and all sprayed out and all that, and about 9 runs before a cut and brushes
Old 06-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
it will fit.
Cool, thanks for the info Pro.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Last Saturday was my first offical race with my Cyclone. I had one before and regret selling it. However, I do have a question. After running it do your difffs. become really free? I know I built them right and I know I can tighten them but how tight is too tight? I don't want to risk blowing the screw inside as I have read over and over that the diff screw blows if it's too tight. If I take my hand and spin the wheel, it spins for a millisecond. Is that normal or should I not worry about it? When driving it the diff doesn't feel loose when starting off. How is everyone elses diff set?

Second question, any good websites for a outdoors asphalt setup? I know there was this one site called Cyclone Deport but I can't recall the link and when I googled it, nothing came up.

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.cyclonedepot.com/site/ind...name=Downloads

Thats a site I started but just didnt have the time and involvement to get content on it. You might also want to try the worlds setup. It is a good starting point for asphalt.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell
http://www.cyclonedepot.com/site/ind...name=Downloads

Thats a site I started but just didnt have the time and involvement to get content on it. You might also want to try the worlds setup. It is a good starting point for asphalt.
i click on a few of the download buttons to dl setups for rubber aspahlt and i am getting errors. i started at the bottom of the list of 5 setups and that one worked then the next two above didnt and that is where i stopped trying... EDIT::: i had to click on comments and then go to DL file and then they worked. but on marcos setup either way i didnt work

but either way... awsome idea man. bringing together all us cyclone data to one place. kool stuff... we for sure need to develop this more. once i get my setup down for paved nats ill be sure to toss it to you. because i have yet to find a good setup for a high grip asphalt setup
Old 06-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Ill see if I still have them and maybe just email them to you. I should go ahead and take the site offline really.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
i know that, but either they are dumping, or the motor is not performing because of the heat.... it running at 160+,
Its called motor fade.....
Old 06-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wing Chun
Hi Guy's
Have many of you broke your Servo saver body ( the purple 75143a peice) I have now broke 2 of these and have found them very weak. They have broke where the collar threads on. One during a smash and one while doing up the collar.
Is there a repalacement stronger part that anyone knows of.
Have many of you guys had this problem or is it my brute strength that just does it.
BTW Simon
that setup for bumpy low grip tracks is a real hit I have sent over 20 to other guy's.

Thanks Addam

broke one last week... have done it up as f.alonso said without the spring.. waiting on my lhs to get a replacemenbt in so it looks like i'll be running without a servo saver tomorrow.

el
Old 06-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

that part everyone i breaking in the servo saver... is the pro4 one the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.