R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #8596
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
i do not offer the silver colored carbon fiber anymore.the chassis is a satin finish black carbon fiber.this is the same look as the stock weave but it has a satin finish.the material i use is more rigid than the stock carbon fiber also.the benefit of my kit is that it gives you added wheelbase adjustment,it is alot more rigid than the stock chassis for high bite carpet,it helps prevent tweak issues due to the more rigid material and increased bracing,and it comes with all the little bling features that i do on all my kits.the features are beveled battery slots and edges,pocketing under servo and bulkheads and also a pocket on the bottom of the chassis under the batteries for your battery tape to fit into without protruding past the chassis surface.
I actually called BMI yesterday and they told me to find you in the forum so thanks for posting. I will probably pick one up next week. If you have any setups for carpet with the BMI chassis, please let me know.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #8597
Tech Regular

Here is a question for anyone that runs 28mm Jacos for carpet.

When I first got my kit i set it up for carpet because that is all that we have right now in Vegas.

On the front suspension arm I place my shock in the second hole form the outside. On the back suspension arms, I place the shock in the middle hole and this is from Hara's setup sheet for the 05 IIC.

when I placed my tires on the car, because of the shock positions on the suspension arms, my back tires rub the bottom of the shock and on the front, the tires rub the shocks when turning.

To remedy this, i have placed 2mm wheel hexes inside of the tires and it gives me clearance.

Where my concern comes in is that my car measures exactly 190mm without any budging room at all and I know that they measure your car at the IIC and I am worried about not making the legal 190mm measurment that they do at tech.

I do plan on purchasing the 26mm 2 stage tires from Jaco to combat this issue but I am buying them also because of so many drivers liking the tire.

I was wondering if anyone else ran into this and what you did to correct it?

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Old 06-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #8598
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm9898 View Post
any one ever break a center oneway? i just did. is the 3 racing one any good? its half the price of the factory one.

also anyone got a good setup for high grip asphalt? let me know i could use it.

right now i am an struggling with steering. i have gone to one way center and front. i think i am going to try and lay the front shocks down a peg and put the front pivot block to the same as the rear. and see if that help.. they also both have the 1.4 sway bar on them. springs are gold front silver in the rear. i know there is plenty more i can play with. it was my first time ever driving the car and first tie ever at that track... i am good second off the pace.

I have never broken a center one way but then again I don't run it too much on our carpet track here in Vegas. I know that the pivot blocks that I have seen guys use on asphalt is the 2.5 in the front and the 3.0 in the back.

Remember, the higher the pivot block number in the front, the more stering that you have.

I run a 0 degree because I don't need the steering on carpet.

In the back of the car, the higher the pivot block number, the more rear traction that you will get, and less traction the lower the number.

I run a 3.0 on the back of my car because I want the back end planted on carpet.

One of the best tuning guides on the market comes from Xray. I included a link to their website, on the left side look for the tuning guide (it is in PDF format) and look on page 30 and 31 of the guide and it will give you great information on shock positions and what effect they have on your car. Hope it helps: Here is the link: Scroll down to the t2 setup guide and download it.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...07%20US%20Foam

As far as 3racing products go, I use their steering blocks, C hubs, and rear uprights and have never had a problem. Besides it was easier to pay a total of $39.00 for all three components than to buy a single aluminum part from HPI for the same price.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Old 06-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #8599
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 179 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elboogie View Post
I actually called BMI yesterday and they told me to find you in the forum so thanks for posting. I will probably pick one up next week. If you have any setups for carpet with the BMI chassis, please let me know.

here is my old setup with the BMI chassis ( thanks to protc3)
the droop is set over ride height!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #8600
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the Moore-Speed Bodies???
Any opinions?

http://www.hbeurope.com/feature.php?partNo=66811&lang=en]Hotbodies Moore-Speed
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #8601
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
here is my old setup with the BMI chassis ( thanks to protc3)
the droop is set over ride height!

thanks Marcos, i saved it and will try it when I get my chassis

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Old 06-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #8602
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
i do not offer the silver colored carbon fiber anymore.the chassis is a satin finish black carbon fiber.this is the same look as the stock weave but it has a satin finish.the material i use is more rigid than the stock carbon fiber also.the benefit of my kit is that it gives you added wheelbase adjustment,it is alot more rigid than the stock chassis for high bite carpet,it helps prevent tweak issues due to the more rigid material and increased bracing,and it comes with all the little bling features that i do on all my kits.the features are beveled battery slots and edges,pocketing under servo and bulkheads and also a pocket on the bottom of the chassis under the batteries for your battery tape to fit into without protruding past the chassis surface.

Protc3, do you know whether the coolcan fan will still attach to the upper bulkhead of your chassis as it does with the stock. I am going to buy one but no need if it won't fit on the car. thanks

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Old 06-03-2007, 05:13 AM   #8603
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i dont see why it wouldnt if it attaches to the stock chassis.can you post a pic of it so i can be sure?
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:24 AM   #8604
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah, I would have thought it would fit aswell because it uses the existing mounting points and there not changed when you go to a BMI chassis....

Heres an old photo of mine on the standard Clone...

2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:43 AM   #8605
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Protc3,

Jason did you get my pm regarding cyclone chassis etc?

Let me know,

Cheers,

Robbie

Yokomo * HobbyWing * Sanwa
xray racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:23 AM   #8606
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad View Post
Yeah, I would have thought it would fit aswell because it uses the existing mounting points and there not changed when you go to a BMI chassis....

Heres an old photo of mine on the standard Clone...

it will fit.
J Concepts
Old 06-03-2007, 06:28 AM   #8607
Tech Lord

PM at ya robbie
J Concepts
Old 06-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #8608
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those of you running novak gtb, where are you mounting your receiver. I'm having trouble deciding where to mount it. Not much room to work with. Can it be mounted on top of steering servo, or would that cause any kind of problem?
g_mabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #8609
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

why does my cobalt stock motor run so dang hot?

i cant keep this dumb thing cool, not with fans, not with gearing... i mean, whats it take?

and then to top that crap, my ib's dont take in over 4000 mah!!!! im getting mad at this junk, my charger is set all right, i have tried everything.... they are new, 7 runs on each of them... is that good to where they are suposed to take full mah or?
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #8610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

My batteries would be classed as ancient in Intellect terms. I have got LRP VTEC 4200 Factory Team Big Mama cells and they are as old as November last year! They still work a treat, and I don't look after them THAT well (a break from December to March isn't too crash hot for cells usually - I was playing with LiPO power!).

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote