R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #8011
Tech Addict

Depends whether you're running foams or rubbers. For foams 2 diffs seems to be the way to go. For rubbers I use a spool but a lot of people use one-ways, not many use a diff up front.
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #8012
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default I got a problem with these gear charts

http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create. Using this gear chart, running 98/24 64p in my Pro4 w/3.5, it says my car will go 29.84. I got a problem with that. With all this hoopla about cars doing this and that, magazines testing cars and radar'ing cars between 33mph(w/19turn) to 48 mph(w/8double), can this chart and charts like it be accurate? I've gun my car under and past moving 1:1, and I know they are doing more than a piddly 30. Checking this chart for my soon to arrive Cyclone, I am a bit dismayed. Please advise.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #8013
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
it will use the stock belts.we moved the rear arms back to achieve the increases wheelbase.they are in stock now for those interested.thanks for looking buddy
Jason that new chassis sure looks sweet! Nice work! I may have to get one before too long.

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #8014
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 194 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create. Using this gear chart, running 98/24 64p in my Pro4 w/3.5, it says my car will go 29.84. I got a problem with that. With all this hoopla about cars doing this and that, magazines testing cars and radar'ing cars between 33mph(w/19turn) to 48 mph(w/8double), can this chart and charts like it be accurate? I've gun my car under and past moving 1:1, and I know they are doing more than a piddly 30. Checking this chart for my soon to arrive Cyclone, I am a bit dismayed. Please advise.
Does it consider tire size?
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #8015
Tech Adept

Does anyone know how to increase the final gear ratio to 10-12 ?? Someone say raise the centre shaft around 2mm for suitable bigest spur gear, just want to know how to do it.
G2B Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #8016
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Does it consider tire size?
Yea, you can enter the tire mm and it adjusts it by what, 1 or 2mph

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #8017
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Guy's
I have finnished my little project, after a ferw weeks ago deciding to give up racing, I put my Tamiya collection onto rc tech to sell the lot. One of the guy's at my club had a Cyclone WCE model and all the support I received I decied to give a new car a go.
I am very happy with the way the car came together, I only had a few little hick ups.
I am running in mod and I will be running a Hara Purple Bling 9x1 modified V2 motor, Twister 2.2 Kopropo model speedy, Ko fet servo and Much more Motor fan.
I have gone for the standard Moore setup and I will go from there. I am very inpressed with the rear diff and found it very smooth compared with the Tamiya MRE.
Is there anything I sould look out for on double checking, All I have to do now is dispose of the Tamiya gear
Here are a couple of Pictures of the Car.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies Cyclone-addams-trf-stuff-042-small-.jpg  
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #8018
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Looks good Addam.

Its going to look good as a hood ornament on my TC4

Prepare to get hacked!

Meakin Park Model Raceway, the best club in SEQ

I am no longer racing. Now I plan to bash around on a larger scale.
smostyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #8019
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smostyn
Looks good Addam.

Its going to look good as a hood ornament on my TC4

Prepare to get hacked!

Hi Mate
From what I have read on these car's they are so strong that you could run over it with that Rav 4 of yours, and it wouldn't hurt it. SO bring it on Big Fella. Your little Ass O ciated cant hurt me.
First outing the Meakin Park show down (Addam VS Shayne)
I will give you guy's a crash report on Parts.
Addam
Old 04-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #8020
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Addam,

I think it might be time to change your Avatar, Signature, heck... maybe even your Alias!! :-P

Car looks good... as Borat would say, "Very Nice!"

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:57 AM   #8021
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Fresh from the track tunening and the mods that where suggested the other day work a treat, starting to get my head around what makes the cyclone tick..
Thanks for all advice very happy with car now
ROV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:01 AM   #8022
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ive found with batteries that i get a lot of bars bent, but im not exactly a particularly accomplished driver

When you tape the batteries in the car push them in towards the centre and ive found that seems to help me. (Dont forget to round off the edges on the underneath of the chassis where the tape passes through, but i assume youve not forgotten to do that).

And that motor fan is going to get clobbered, so if you value it you may want to take it off

OH yeah..... BIIGGGGGEEERRRR MOTOR!!!!!! :P
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 AM   #8023
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi Guy's
I have finnished my little project, after a ferw weeks ago deciding to give up racing, I put my Tamiya collection onto rc tech to sell the lot. One of the guy's at my club had a Cyclone WCE model and all the support I received I decied to give a new car a go.
I am very happy with the way the car came together, I only had a few little hick ups.
I am running in mod and I will be running a Hara Purple Bling 9x1 modified V2 motor, Twister 2.2 Kopropo model speedy, Ko fet servo and Much more Motor fan.
I have gone for the standard Moore setup and I will go from there. I am very inpressed with the rear diff and found it very smooth compared with the Tamiya MRE.
Is there anything I sould look out for on double checking, All I have to do now is dispose of the Tamiya gear
Watch out for centre direct pully grub screw into part No 61324, I put a double in to stop it backin out....
and dont over tighten diff tenision screw...
ROV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 AM   #8024
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman
Ive found with batteries that i get a lot of bars bent, but im not exactly a particularly accomplished driver

When you tape the batteries in the car push them in towards the centre and ive found that seems to help me. (Dont forget to round off the edges on the underneath of the chassis where the tape passes through, but i assume youve not forgotten to do that).

And that motor fan is going to get clobbered, so if you value it you may want to take it off

OH yeah..... BIIGGGGGEEERRRR MOTOR!!!!!! :P

Thanks Mate
I have used the motor fan on the MRE ( note to self Change from blue to Purple bling as soon as I can)
Most of the guys at meakin use the fan for target practice, I use to run the cool can fan but found the single fan with a good heat sink does a great job.
I will just have to stay ahead of them as best I can to stop them from destroying my fan. But I do have 3 spares jusat in case
Thanks Mate
Addam
Old 04-19-2007, 02:44 AM   #8025
Tech Initiate

in the cyclone manual, the orientation of the centre pulley assembly (i.e. the one with the spur gear) is incorrect. you'll need to flip it left side right (everything else remains as what's shown in the manual).

if you're using the centre one-way pulley, and you install it exactly as what's shown in the manual, the centre one-way pulley will actually be acting on your rear belt instead of the front, which is not how it's supposed to work.

this page has clear pictures of andy moore's car, take a look at the orientation of the spur gear hub to know what i mean :
andy moore's cyclone

i hope this is clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi Guy's
sidewaysdriver6 is offline   Reply With Quote