R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-12-2007, 06:59 PM   #7891
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta bob
Also if i do get the kit do you guys have a setup good for a slighty bumpy slighty loose track. The local hot shots wont give me advice and i don't know why because they shouldn't be scared im going to be able to beat them yet.
Kid,

You just have to know who to talk to. I know for a fact any of us that do race at the track are more then willing to help you. At least on the western side of the building we are. Not sure about the Eastern side, if you know what I mean. I've helped countless souls on our side, from soldering batteries to loaning and giving advice. I beat you if you introduce yourself to the other people at our track, you'll get a better step in the door. These guys know what there doing and have been around for quite some time. Stop on by and say hi, we don't bit!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #7892
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta bob
even though you guys are running the pro kits i was wondering if the cyclone sport kit would be good for a noob like me? I would like to buy the kits you guys are running but i'm only 15 and have just enough money to get a t2r or a cyclone sport. I've seen both pro kits run at my local track and and the cyclone kicks a$$ and all over the world too. I already have the electronics so i don't have to worry about that. Also if i do get the kit do you guys have a setup good for a slighty bumpy slighty loose track. The local hot shots wont give me advice and i don't know why because they shouldn't be scared im going to be able to beat them yet.

im 13, i got the moore speed cyclone, cant beat it! but the x ray is really popular also at my track, i saw a few tamiyas also.... all the cars are really kick arse.. pick the one u want and get it imo
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:09 PM   #7893
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default “on track” performances

What improvements to “on track” performances have happened with the Clone’s over all the different versions we’ve seen?

I was discussing this point with a friend of mine the other day…
It seems to me that from the original “black Clone” to the current Moore WCE Clone the major changes have been improvements in durability and reliability. Very few in making the car perform better “on track”.

Just interesting to note: In most other companies, there cars seem to have to be re-developed for different condition to make it work, whereas, this car seems to work quite well outta the box (original black version Clone). Pretty impressive resume really when you consider the original design is several years old and still going strong… IMO (but maybe I’m just biased cos I really enjoy drive them ).

Your thoughts? Is there an improvement you would make?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #7894
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to joey

i ran my black cyclone 2 weeks ago on a nitro track with the stock setup and rubber tires and the car was pretty much how i wanted it..

good job Hot Bodies i love this Car!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #7895
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis
For the 5 cell layout... I made a change and moved the battery up front. You guys might find this layout usefull.
I have more info on this in my blog, just click my sig.

Pretty amazing timing on that one as only a three weeks ago I did the wiring and everything to put both my Spektrum Micro reciever and my AMB Personal Transponder on the battery side of the car, but in 6 cell configuration. I put the reciever in the same spot as you have your KO reciever, and I put the AMB Transponder just in front of the batteries, alongside the front tape slot. Has come together really well and I took some photos but I haven't had a chance to reduce the size and publish them on the net. I'll see if I can do that sooner rather then later.

The result though, is a perfectly balanced chassis left/right. This is including all the LRP Brushless gear with the fins for the heatsink pointing in the same direction as the chassis, so the cooling is a lot more efficient. You will see in the pics when I post them.

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #7896
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
What improvements to “on track” performances have happened with the Clone’s over all the different versions we’ve seen?

It seems to me that from the original “black Clone” to the current Moore WCE Clone the major changes have been improvements in durability and reliability. Very few in making the car perform better “on track”.

Just interesting to note: In most other companies, there cars seem to have to be re-developed for different condition to make it work, whereas, this car seems to work quite well outta the box (original black version Clone). Pretty impressive resume really when you consider the original design is several years old and still going strong… IMO (but maybe I’m just biased cos I really enjoy drive them ).

i aggree! i hit the barrier today 2 times HARD!!!! and my car was in a complete flip out in the air, hitting crap along the way, get to the track and move it off the barrier, and keep on trucking i rebuilt it and nothing broke! lol i thought for shure something would of broke in one of those 2 bad crashes, i also did some rubbing and all lol car doesnt break to my surprize

only thing is that the moore speed shoulda came with version 2 shafts atleast for the front, the mip ones suck with the spool, with out the spool its good, past there i havent upgraded anything
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #7897
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
So I replaced the aluminium outdrives with the old Pro 4 Delrin outdrive and they seem a "lot" better for both wear and smoothness of the diff.
2-bad,

Do you have a picture of your Cyclone with Pro4 outdrive? I have some Pro4 diffs but they don't fit at all.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #7898
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
So I replaced the aluminium outdrives with the old Pro 4 Delrin outdrive and they seem a "lot" better for both wear and smoothness of the diff.
Are you sure the pro 4 outdrives fit? Ive been thinking with the ridiculous pricing of blades (well i think they are expensive for little pieces of plastic) and their low availability i was going to start using the standard black delrin outdrives too which would also hopefully be a little lighter.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:30 PM   #7899
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I just tried the Pro4 delrin outdrive on my Cyclone... what a BS!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #7900
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

I looked at some Pro4 outdrives tonight at the shop. They do look a little short on the long side. Maybe the longer Pro4 dog bones may help the fit. Along with shimming.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #7901
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman
Are you sure the pro 4 outdrives fit? Ive been thinking with the ridiculous pricing of blades (well i think they are expensive for little pieces of plastic) and their low availability i was going to start using the standard black delrin outdrives too which would also hopefully be a little lighter.
RDX blades look about the same size. But more than 2 come in a pack for $10.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #7902
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Dont do it

The Pro 4 diffs are not as wide. You would need a LOT of shims. I tried it.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #7903
Tech Initiate

some areas for improvement imho :

1) a re-designed motor mount that gives more "room" to position the motor. right now you're kinda restricted in terms of the spur and pinion sizes because with some combinations the spur and pinion can't get close enough (without modding or dremeling the mount).

2) an easier / faster way to remove the ball diff / spool / front one way.

3) an easier / faster way to adjust the tension of the ball diff

4) an easier / faster way to remove the universals / cvds for maintenance

5) some options to allow the use of stick packs would be nice too (as with the Pro4).

6) last but not least, an easier way to change the belts without having to dismantle so many components!

having said all that, it's still a great car!

Quote:

sidewaysdriver6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #7904
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysdriver6
some areas for improvement imho :

1) a re-designed motor mount that gives more "room" to position the motor. right now you're kinda restricted in terms of the spur and pinion sizes because with some combinations the spur and pinion can't get close enough (without modding or dremeling the mount).

2) an easier / faster way to remove the ball diff / spool / front one way.

3) an easier / faster way to adjust the tension of the ball diff

4) an easier / faster way to remove the universals / cvds for maintenance

5) some options to allow the use of stick packs would be nice too (as with the Pro4).

6) last but not least, an easier way to change the belts without having to dismantle so many components!

having said all that, it's still a great car!
You want an easier way to remove the diffs, dude theres only like 4 screws to remove the diffs. And the cvd's are easy as to take out. Only thing i agree with is the belts, there a bi^%$ to take out.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #7905
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman

I will post photo's tonight of my Clone with the delrin outdrive.......