Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks heaps for the reply..

el
elusiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:32 AM   #7877
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What's different between the version 1 and 2 dogbones that will cause them to not work with the new moorespeed spool? I just bought some Version 1 steel front dogbones, and I was planning on getting the moorespeed spool. If it's just a matter of working the outdrive cups with a dremel, then that won't be a problem. Does anyone know if the version 1 dogbones work with the spools that 3racing or TiR make? They're both setup just like the moorespeed with replaceable cups.

As a side note, I think HB needs to totally discontinue all version 1 drivetrain parts to clear up all of the freaking confusion... there's no point in having 2 different versions of diffs/bones/etc if none of it is interchangeable. You need a f'ing flow chart to check part #'s before ordering anything related to the axles or diffs on this car. So far, that's been my only gripe with this car. I can find axles for a version, but then the spool will be out of stock, or vice versa. Either supply enough parts of each version to distributors for racers to buy, or drop one version altogether and focus on getting out parts for the version that is kept.
Serzoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #7878
Tech Adept

I just installed 61043 bones on a V2 one-way and 61044 bones on the rear of my Cyclone, and they worked perfect. I did no modifications.
Cyclone Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:57 AM   #7879
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys, its not that simple.

Ver1 dogbones do fit inside the aluminum diffs and the ver2 and ver3 spools as well as the ver2 oneway cups.

BUT

they dont fit correctly. The diameter at the end of the ver1 dogbone is a lot smaller than that of the ver2 and this makes the ver1 dogbones have excessive play inside all ver2 and ver3 parts.

In the end, although everything may look fine, you will destroy the ver2 and/or ver3 parts in just a few runs when you combine them with ver1 dogbones.
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #7880
Tech Fanatic

What if you were to use something similar to the "blades" on a schumacher or xray?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #7881
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis
Guys, its not that simple.

Ver1 dogbones do fit inside the aluminum diffs and the ver2 and ver3 spools as well as the ver2 oneway cups.

BUT

they dont fit correctly. The diameter at the end of the ver1 dogbone is a lot smaller than that of the ver2 and this makes the ver1 dogbones have excessive play inside all ver2 and ver3 parts.

In the end, although everything may look fine, you will destroy the ver2 and/or ver3 parts in just a few runs when you combine them with ver1 dogbones.

but dont ver 2 everything have the score line? because my moore speed had all the version one mip junk...... but the bones work just fine even with mamba max power..

so what ur saying is the ball end of the cv that goes into the out drive is smaller, but the pin is correct?
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #7882
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 178 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serzoni
What if you were to use something similar to the "blades" on a schumacher or xray?
schumacher blades wont work i have used X-ray blades just to get by at a race
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #7883
Tech Fanatic

can you use blades with the front spool, or only with the rear aluminum diff halves?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:24 AM   #7884
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 178 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serzoni
can you use blades with the front spool, or only with the rear aluminum diff halves?
rear diff ,but you can make a spool with the aluminum diff and use blades front and rear
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #7885
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I use Tamiya Anti-wear grease on the front spool in the version 2 spool (on the dogbone pins and outdrive cups) and now in the Moore spool, in both occasions it has shown very little wear. I got 9 months out of a V2 spool in Mod using this grease.... and I only replaced it because the Nationals were coming up at the time and I wanted evrything prefect.

Also, I notice the blades in the rear don't seem to wear out, but the aluminium outdrives do (even with the anti-wear grease). So I replaced the aluminium outdrives with the old Pro 4 Delrin outdrive and they seem a "lot" better for both wear and smoothness of the diff. You can't use the blades with the delrin diff, but I still use the anti-wear grease in between the dogbone pins and delrin outdrive cups.

Hope this helps....
Old 04-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #7886
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

3 Racing Alum. rear diff & Cusion have long life & not easy broke Diff screw.
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #7887
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 194 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
I use Tamiya Anti-wear grease on the front spool in the version 2 spool (on the dogbone pins and outdrive cups) and now in the Moore spool, in both occasions it has shown very little wear. I got 9 months out of a V2 spool in Mod using this grease.... and I only replaced it because the Nationals were coming up at the time and I wanted evrything prefect.

Also, I notice the blades in the rear don't seem to wear out, but the aluminium outdrives do (even with the anti-wear grease). So I replaced the aluminium outdrives with the old Pro 4 Delrin outdrive and they seem a "lot" better for both wear and smoothness of the diff. You can't use the blades with the delrin diff, but I still use the anti-wear grease in between the dogbone pins and delrin outdrive cups.

Hope this helps....
Do you need to shim out the diff outdrives? The Pro4 plastic outdrives are much less than the HB units.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #7888
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Do you need to shim out the diff outdrives? The Pro4 plastic outdrives are much less than the HB units.
I shimmed it out the same as I would have for the HB aluminium Outdrives... The Delrin Outdrives also come with the a set of delrin ring clips to support the outdrive ends from breaking under extreme load, but I managed to get a set of steel rings in place of them from a friend (extra peace of mind), and they have performed faultlessly in mod for several months now....
Old 04-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #7889
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

i was at the track today for 4 hours! SOOOOOO FUN!!! OMFG!

but twards the end my car started getting a lil slippery, what do i tune to fix this?
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #7890
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

even though you guys are running the pro kits i was wondering if the cyclone sport kit would be good for a noob like me? I would like to buy the kits you guys are running but i'm only 15 and have just enough money to get a t2r or a cyclone sport. I've seen both pro kits run at my local track and and the cyclone kicks a$$ and all over the world too. I already have the electronics so i don't have to worry about that. Also if i do get the kit do you guys have a setup good for a slighty bumpy slighty loose track. The local hot shots wont give me advice and i don't know why because they shouldn't be scared im going to be able to beat them yet.
beta bob is offline   Reply With Quote