Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

no prob dude.it was still fun.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #7067
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, anyway to get ahold of those winning BMI setup sheets for stock foam?
jeremymoemorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #7068
Tech Lord

i will put one together from the snowbirds.even hara wanted jason schrefflers setup.larry and schreffler had the best cars there.as the traction came up they kept getting better.
J Concepts
Old 02-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #7069
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking New HB Car for 2008

Well, the original Cyclone was released back in early 2005. Its almost 2 yrs since its realease, and HB has done a great job of updating the car in the few areas it need a bit of revision or improvement. However, will HB now begin to work on a new car? This current chassis layout and suspension, which is basically the same as the original has worked wonderfully. I have had 3 Cyclones now for the past year, and I am baffled at how easy it is to drive and work on. Its great, and the Hara and the current MooreSpeed kits have refined the kit and made it stronger and better quality of parts. This is great, however, they cannot keep running the same chassis for 4-5 yrs, can they? I think that maybe in early 2008 or by the end of 2007, HB will realease a new kit to compete with Xray '007 and Mi3. But if they do release a new kit, will it be an entirely new concept/design, like the difference between an FK05 and the T2, or will it be just an updated version of the Cyclone? Oh yes, the Tsunami...Hara edition...

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #7070
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Well, the original Cyclone was released back in early 2005. Its almost 2 yrs since its realease, and HB has done a great job of updating the car in the few areas it need a bit of revision or improvement. However, will HB now begin to work on a new car? This current chassis layout and suspension, which is basically the same as the original has worked wonderfully. I have had 3 Cyclones now for the past year, and I am baffled at how easy it is to drive and work on. Its great, and the Hara and the current MooreSpeed kits have refined the kit and made it stronger and better quality of parts. This is great, however, they cannot keep running the same chassis for 4-5 yrs, can they? I think that maybe in early 2008 or by the end of 2007, HB will realease a new kit to compete with Xray '007 and Mi3. But if they do release a new kit, will it be an entirely new concept/design, like the difference between an FK05 and the T2, or will it be just an updated version of the Cyclone? Oh yes, the Tsunami...Hara edition...
why update perfection??The Cyclone is awesome on asphalt and BMI perfected the Cyclone for carpet what else do you need??
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #7071
Tech Elite

Talking New Cyclone

Marcos- that's the hard part. Dont fix it if it aint broken...however, usually after 2yrs, car manufaturers realease newer models with updates, new technology, ideas, alas, the Mi3 over the Mi2EC. What was wrong with the Mi2EC? It won the Florida state series, over Corallly, Xray, etc. However, the Mi3 is completely new concept and fresh newer more modern car, etc. What drove schumacher to take that step? They have a great car in the Mi2EC. Same question goes for HB and the Cyclone. Its great, but I'm sure HB R&D have something cooking...wether its a new car, or update version with more modern better working components/parts, etc. If not, then HB R&D has taken a long vacation...this of course cannot be true. Something must be in the works. Like lowering CG/top deck, stronger more robust a-arms, C-hubs, or new suspension geometry, etc...Have the rear bulkheads come closer by 5mm, so that motor can sit 5mm more towards the certer of the car, etc...

"Release the Kraken"

Last edited by yyhayyim; 02-11-2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #7072
Tech Lord

i would have to say the only part of the cyclone i would like to see changed are the diffs.a larger hole bolt pattern for the diff balls with bigger diff rings to relieve the diff screw of some of the load and do away with broken diff screws.other than that,everyone is still chasing the cyclone.if it does get better,i will have to see it to believe it.the only car that interests me besides the cyclone is the Mi3.i will need to try one of them
J Concepts
Old 02-12-2007, 03:16 AM   #7073
Tech Regular

Default Drive shaft

I noticed this on AM car at Carpetwars ..

Seems a different drive shaft.

Andyg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:24 AM   #7074
Tech Regular

yep there the old ones there rubbish in the front but are ok in the back
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:05 AM   #7075
Tech Regular

I agree with your comments below .. the diff balls are too small .. I am sure somebody will know of a diff from another car that will fit. Maybe just the pulley. Then larger balls could be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
i would have to say the only part of the cyclone i would like to see changed are the diffs.a larger hole bolt pattern for the diff balls with bigger diff rings to relieve the diff screw of some of the load and do away with broken diff screws.other than that,everyone is still chasing the cyclone.if it does get better,i will have to see it to believe it.the only car that interests me besides the cyclone is the Mi3.i will need to try one of them
Andyg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #7076
Tech Elite

Talking HB CYclone inprovements

THe HB Andy Moore Cyclone edition is pretty much the perfect Cyclone. It took them several versions, but now, the Moorespeed version has dealt with all past issues. I have tested the new HB Moorespeed diffs with the new nut and screw, and had no issues. Its defenitely an improvement. And that was the main concern witht The Cyclone. The stinkin diff screw or nut. That's been solved. However, I'd like to see some update to the servo saver and inner ackerman set up. Instead of the ballstuds lying horizontally, and facing the front, maybe it could be but vertically, facing either up, so we can adjust much easier from the more open top, or from the bottom, if they face down towards the ground, but then some holes need to be made to the chassis, some nice looking cut outs, to have easy access to those ballstuds to adjust ackerman from the bottom. Also, The servo arm could be redesigned so that it allows the servo to come 4-5mm closer to center of the chassis. Also, more weight could be reduced by refining the chassis by making more nicely designed cutouts, which could also help in cooling the car/electronics. Also, make new diff pulleys that actually have built-in covers on them, or make them so that they are sealed some how- not open like they are currently- this makes running on asphalt a bit of hassle having to clean and maintain a bit more. Also, upgrade the quality of the suspension arms, C-hubs, knuckles, rear uprights- these are basically the PRO4 stuff- make them tougher, please. Also, lower top deck and CG by 4-5mm wouldn't hurt!

"Release the Kraken"
Old 02-12-2007, 06:59 AM   #7077
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
THe HB Andy Moore Cyclone edition is pretty much the perfect Cyclone. It took them several versions, but now, the Moorespeed version has dealt with all past issues. I have tested the new HB Moorespeed diffs with the new nut and screw, and had no issues. Its defenitely an improvement. And that was the main concern witht The Cyclone. The stinkin diff screw or nut. That's been solved. However, I'd like to see some update to the servo saver and inner ackerman set up. Instead of the ballstuds lying horizontally, and facing the front, maybe it could be but vertically, facing either up, so we can adjust much easier from the more open top, or from the bottom, if they face down towards the ground, but then some holes need to be made to the chassis, some nice looking cut outs, to have easy access to those ballstuds to adjust ackerman from the bottom. Also, The servo arm could be redesigned so that it allows the servo to come 4-5mm closer to center of the chassis. Also, more weight could be reduced by refining the chassis by making more nicely designed cutouts, which could also help in cooling the car/electronics. Also, make new diff pulleys that actually have built-in covers on them, or make them so that they are sealed some how- not open like they are currently- this makes running on asphalt a bit of hassle having to clean and maintain a bit more. Also, upgrade the quality of the suspension arms, C-hubs, knuckles, rear uprights- these are basically the PRO4 stuff- make them tougher, please. Also, lower top deck and CG by 4-5mm wouldn't hurt!
i have found that the diff screw on the andy moore edition is worse that the std one but since i purchased some black delrin outdrives and nitrate
balls it has been fine
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:48 AM   #7078
Tech Adept

I didn't had any problems since I have the car (3 months or something) with the old and also not with the new Titanium Coated Diff Screw.
And that was whit 6 cells 8x1 or 7x1 or 5 cell 3.5 BL and a few times stock.

Rob Janssen
Rob Janssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #7079
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter

I have ran the car for going on a year and a half and have only ever snapped 1 diff screw,It really is down to how you build,matain and run your diff. If your snapping diff screws every other week you really are doing somthing wrong.

Andy
Old 02-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #7080
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

I was snapping diff screws ever week. I got a new car threw full ceramics in it and used the washer on the other side of the diff screw and havent had any problems since. I use ae screws and put a slot in the head so it can be adjusted externally.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote