R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2007, 03:04 PM   #6781
Tech Fanatic
 
bmmer701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Do you have shims under your pivot blocks? IF so take them out or put smaller ones in. that will solve the problem.
guys i was wondering where can you buy shims that you put under your pivot blocks? or what type of shims are you using? i have a set of shims on my pro4 but when i was about to use it in my cyclone i can only put the shims under the 2.5 deg. and 3 deg pivot blocks.

tia
bmmer701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:11 PM   #6782
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,558
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmer701
guys i was wondering where can you buy shims that you put under your pivot blocks? or what type of shims are you using? i have a set of shims on my pro4 but when i was about to use it in my cyclone i can only put the shims under the 2.5 deg. and 3 deg pivot blocks.

tia
i use take offs shims
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:23 PM   #6783
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,823
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
U know what I was truley lookin' for some help from the Cyclone family so I can rep' the cyclone at the birds, FUCK ALL YOU GUYS MORE WORRIED WHAT PRETTY PULLEY SOMEONE HAS
so what you are saying is you like the pullies the arm sweep seems to give the car more off power steering.i always run the arm sweep with rubber tires.the less arm sweep the more on power steering you should have.being that i always run either a spool or a oneway i usually never worry about on power steering because you get so much with either.see you at the birds bro
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #6784
Tech Fanatic
 
bmmer701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i use take offs shims
thanks
bmmer701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #6785
Tech Regular
 
Andrew_Carter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hb Ninja Squad
Posts: 287
Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
U know what I was truley lookin' for some help from the Cyclone family so I can rep' the cyclone at the birds, FUCK ALL YOU GUYS MORE WORRIED WHAT PRETTY PULLEY SOMEONE HAS


On a more serious note the Stewart Noble setup is a really good starting point for rubber,if you copy it correctly that is

that can be found here,


Hot Bodies Cyclone
__________________
ToniSport | Yokomo | GavGraphix | MHP
Andrew_Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #6786
Tech Elite
 
DENNIS STORTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Horsham
Posts: 2,400
Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI
Default

sorry i didnt know my pretty pullies were gonna piss in your information parade lol
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #6787
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,558
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
sorry i didnt know my pretty pullies were gonna piss in your information parade lol
no kidding
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #6788
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,428
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
sorry i didnt know my pretty pullies were gonna piss in your information parade lol
sorry I was havin' a bacardi 151 moment
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:56 PM   #6789
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,820
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i use take offs shims
May i ask where you got these from?
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #6790
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,500
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

schumacher USA, APS international.
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:34 AM   #6791
Tech Regular
 
stephen hilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 265
Default

hi guys does anyone know if the mazda speed 6 body needs more cuttting at the bottom as my hot bodies mazdas are fine when i mount them around 2cm ground clearance. but the mazda speed 6 is nearly touching the floor?
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:54 AM   #6792
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,605
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Well yesterday Andy Moore and Surikarn competed at the Team Orion Summer Nats in Australia. Moore won the event, Im not sure where Surikarn placed though, it was either 4th or 5th. Very good to watch.

Invitational:

1st Andy Moore ( Cyclone )
2nd Jake Zarb ( Xray )
3rd Simon Nicholson ( Cyclone )
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*AWESOMATIX * R1 WURKS * PLAIGE BEARINGS*
A Ilievski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:21 AM   #6793
Tech Adept
 
Stew Noble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Team Ian
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen hilton
hi guys does anyone know if the mazda speed 6 body needs more cuttting at the bottom as my hot bodies mazdas are fine when i mount them around 2cm ground clearance. but the mazda speed 6 is nearly touching the floor?
2cm/20mm?! Thats hugely high.

To get clearance you just move the clips in the body posts up (and/or add body spacers) no need to go cutting the sills down.....

Usually it's about right to have the sills at the same level as the bottom of the chassis, if it still bottoms out on track when its like this before i move up another bodypost hole ill use a Muchmore body o-ring to gain a little more height and thats usually just right.
__________________
// S N F //
Stew Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:12 AM   #6794
Tech Fanatic
 
bmmer701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i use take offs shims
thanks
bmmer701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:40 AM   #6795
Tech Regular
 
stephen hilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew Noble
2cm/20mm?! Thats hugely high.

To get clearance you just move the clips in the body posts up (and/or add body spacers) no need to go cutting the sills down.....

Usually it's about right to have the sills at the same level as the bottom of the chassis, if it still bottoms out on track when its like this before i move up another bodypost hole ill use a Muchmore body o-ring to gain a little more height and thats usually just right.
ok the only problem is i have cut the posts down and they wont go higher.and iam using washers aswell oh well lookes like new posts are in order thanks stew!
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:18 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net