R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2006, 07:30 AM   #6226
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 927
Default

My worlds edition hopefully will arrive in the morning. Has anyone got any build hints and tips? Anything i will need to take a bit of extra time fettling during the build?
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #6227
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Draper
My worlds edition hopefully will arrive in the morning. Has anyone got any build hints and tips? Anything i will need to take a bit of extra time fettling during the build?
like the other kits... should go together fairly quickly without any handfitting.

I already received my WCE parts...and upgraded my Hara Edition to full WCE spec.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:04 AM   #6228
Tech Regular
 
stuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 393
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hey

does anybody know a rough time the moorespeed cyclone will be realesed in the uk.
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:11 AM   #6229
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default



http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/main.asp
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:27 PM   #6230
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 927
Default

Built my moorespeed cyclone. Kit build it is very good, there are the usual things need sorting like wishbone fit etc.

It comes with the following parts:

A spool,
One way,
Locked center pully,
One way center pully,
All the roll bars.

Hope to get it out tomrrow night and see how it goes, i will keep you informed.
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:40 AM   #6231
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Victoria..Australia
Posts: 7
Default Cyclone Parts....?

Hi there folks, where should i source Cyclone S parts from in Australia ( Victoria )
Drove my new car and broke the front C hub.... hit street kerb real fast .. oops...
Its a bit of a rocket though

Cheers Anthony
1/10 RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:47 AM   #6232
Tech Regular
 
stephen hilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 265
Angry diff screws

hi does any one know how to stop the diff screws snapping. last night i even broke an edit one. i checked the diff for slip in the first race as it was fish tailing around. found that it was slipping so tightend it until there was just a fraction of slip next race i ran the car was good and much easier to drive.in my next race i noticed that the car wasnt right no punch or top end. so i brought it in. turns out that the diff screw has snapped. it may have been like that all night as my fastest lap last week was 10.30 and this week was 10.70 i have heard that some people drill the hole where the screw sits is this true? thanks in advance
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:01 AM   #6233
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/10 RACER
Hi there folks, where should i source Cyclone S parts from in Australia ( Victoria )
Drove my new car and broke the front C hub.... hit street kerb real fast .. oops...
Its a bit of a rocket though

Cheers Anthony
matey go to www.rcracer.com.au great forum for us aussies lol. For parts in vic go to either frontline hobbies or metro i think.
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*INFINITY * R1 WURKS * PLAIG BEARINGS* SPEEDY RC
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #6234
Tech Adept
 
S_fender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Dijon, France
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen hilton
hi does any one know how to stop the diff screws snapping. last night i even broke an edit one. i checked the diff for slip in the first race as it was fish tailing around. found that it was slipping so tightend it until there was just a fraction of slip next race i ran the car was good and much easier to drive.in my next race i noticed that the car wasnt right no punch or top end. so i brought it in. turns out that the diff screw has snapped. it may have been like that all night as my fastest lap last week was 10.30 and this week was 10.70 i have heard that some people drill the hole where the screw sits is this true? thanks in advance
Yes on previous page, ALex-Fr wrote :

"I broke many diff screws until i drill a 2.5mm hole through the right diff hub (nut side). In fact i enlarge the factory hole (near 2.1mm) to a 2.5mm.

Before the life time of the screw was less than 6 runs. Now I didn't break any screw during the 4days of the worldcarpetcup..."
S_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #6235
Tech Regular
 
stephen hilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 265
Default

thanks! has anybody got a good indoor set-up that they wish to share? small technical indoor track on carpet preferably using a diff instead of a one-way
10-11 second laps thanks stephen
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:50 PM   #6236
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,043
Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen hilton
thanks! has anybody got a good indoor set-up that they wish to share? small technical indoor track on carpet preferably using a diff instead of a one-way
10-11 second laps thanks stephen
rubber/foam?
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:26 PM   #6237
Tech Regular
 
stephen hilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 265
Default

oh sorry iam running rp 24s and a stock motor thanks stephen
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #6238
Tech Master
 
pinggoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WBP Florida
Posts: 1,263
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy
Default

also marcos j.

i notice that you and jason are the diehard cyclone racers as of the moment here in florida.. so can i ask you guys a set up for cs 27 asphalt.med to high traction and tight( mdi track) thanx just got my hara cyclone . thanx
__________________
TAMIYA TRF415 MRE l NOSRAM SPX l BALLISTIC 17.5
TAMIYA TRF416X
www.noicewatches.bigcartel.com
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:36 PM   #6239
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,043
Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinggoy
also marcos j.

i notice that you and jason are the diehard cyclone racers as of the moment here in florida.. so can i ask you guys a set up for cs 27 asphalt.med to high traction and tight( mdi track) thanx just got my hara cyclone . thanx



try this one let me know how it works

Im out of town on vacation but i have more setups at home that i can give you , I use setups that Jason came up with, Jason is the man when it comes to set ups
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #6240
Tech Master
 
pinggoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WBP Florida
Posts: 1,263
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy
Default

whats the 0.8 under the suspension spacer.
thanx by the way..... will try that setup this monday.
__________________
TAMIYA TRF415 MRE l NOSRAM SPX l BALLISTIC 17.5
TAMIYA TRF416X
www.noicewatches.bigcartel.com
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 08:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 08:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 08:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 03:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 06:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net