R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #4711
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,397
Default

Cyclone pin = 2.40mm
Tamiya pin = 2.00mm
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Yokomo YZ-2 DT/CA
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #4712
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,590
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Old Man
Does any one know if the Tamiya CVA/CVD fits in the cyclone?
they do , a hair short but I have them just in case
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #4713
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,281
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Just poking in for a quick question. Has Hotbodies released the front diff, yet? Is anyone running it and where can I get it?

Thanks
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #4714
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,590
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
Just poking in for a quick question. Has Hotbodies released the front diff, yet? Is anyone running it and where can I get it?

Thanks
its the same as the rear diff.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #4715
Tech Addict
 
Skill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Doncaster, England
Posts: 537
Default

HB haven't released a diff kit for the Cyclone as of yet, but I think they will be bringing one out with the launch of the Cyclone S.

The reason the Surikarn Edition looks to have more hopups is that the Hara Edition shares some purple parts with the normal Cyclone, ie. toe blocks, whereas the Surikarn needs new parts as they need to be blue.
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:27 AM   #4716
Tech Master
 
XrayFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill
HB haven't released a diff kit for the Cyclone as of yet, but I think they will be bringing one out with the launch of the Cyclone S.

The reason the Surikarn Edition looks to have more hopups is that the Hara Edition shares some purple parts with the normal Cyclone, ie. toe blocks, whereas the Surikarn needs new parts as they need to be blue.
Diff kit has been out for a while, it's just that US takes a while to get parts. In Japan, an entire diff costs about 30USD
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:28 AM   #4717
Tech Master
 
XrayFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Also, the diffs in the Cyclone S are different from the Cyclone. The S uses completely plastic outdrives whereas the Cyclone ones are composite material.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:45 AM   #4718
Tech Addict
 
Skill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Doncaster, England
Posts: 537
Default

Wow I didn't know that, thanks. Do you have a link to a site which sells them?
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:48 AM   #4719
Tech Master
 
XrayFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill
Wow I didn't know that, thanks. Do you have a link to a site which sells them?
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=HOT61393
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:24 AM   #4720
Tech Addict
 
Skill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Doncaster, England
Posts: 537
Default

Thanks
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #4721
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default HB Cyclone: A few Fragile Parts

I've had the HB Cyclone for 3 weeks now. The car is defenitely the best car I've driven to date. Its easier to drive than anything i've seen, and well made and easy to work on. However, its a bit weak in these areas:

1. Ball Studs- these snap in half like a twig! Whatz up with these things? When one snaps, the rear blocks are useless, cause half the stud is stuck inside the threaded hole, so a perfectly good rear block has to be discarded because of a stupid ball stud!

2. Bearings: the rear 15x10 diff outdrive bearings are feeble! These have already fallen appart!

3. Dog bones are weak!

4. Rear ball diff is not sealed or covered like Xray, which uses labirinth dust covers or other kits which have some kind of cover system to prevent dust from creaping in. After 5-6 runs, diffs have to be cleaned...this sucks.

Have the Surikarn or Hara versions addressed some of these issues? Anyone know of any parts/suggestions to improve on these areas?
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:09 PM   #4722
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,590
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I've had the HB Cyclone for 3 weeks now. The car is defenitely the best car I've driven to date. Its easier to drive than anything i've seen, and well made and easy to work on. However, its a bit weak in these areas:

1. Ball Studs- these snap in half like a twig! Whatz up with these things? When one snaps, the rear blocks are useless, cause half the stud is stuck inside the threaded hole, so a perfectly good rear block has to be discarded because of a stupid ball stud!

2. Bearings: the rear 15x10 diff outdrive bearings are feeble! These have already fallen appart!

3. Dog bones are weak!

4. Rear ball diff is not sealed or covered like Xray, which uses labirinth dust covers or other kits which have some kind of cover system to prevent dust from creaping in. After 5-6 runs, diffs have to be cleaned...this sucks.

Have the Surikarn or Hara versions addressed some of these issues? Anyone know of any parts/suggestions to improve on these areas?

wow I had mine for 6 months and haven't broke anything on the car, I bent a front CVD but I replaced it with the steel ones and no problems since.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:31 PM   #4723
Tech Addict
 
Skill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Doncaster, England
Posts: 537
Default

The Hara/Surikarn Editions do have thicker driveshafts (or is this just an updated part which is also on the original Cyclone now too?) but according to people I have spoken to these also bend quite easily.

You can buy some diff covers to seal the diff, they are made by Jet Racing, but alternatively you could just make your own out of some sticky vinyl.

I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the bearings on the diffs, for me these are excellent, straight out of the box they are extremely free-spinning and mine are still running strongly after 9 months of use.
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #4724
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,841
Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default

same here (Knock on wood) i love my car my only complaint is that i dont like the way the servo is mounted it is kinda exposed and i already broke a $100.00 servo
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #4725
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,590
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701
same here (Knock on wood) i love my car my only complaint is that i dont like the way the servo is mounted it is kinda exposed and i already broke a $100.00 servo

what are you guys doing to brake so many parts? as for the servo ,easy fix , get a low profile servo., and the best advise is "dont wreck and you wont brake"
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:24 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net