R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Hot Bodies Cyclone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/63658-hot-bodies-cyclone.html)

pheyhoe 02-18-2005 09:05 AM

i was just thinking about this......

Why cant we have saddle packs (side by side) on a shaft drive car???....... suprised none of the big names have tried it yet.

Also, yok SD, two screws, to get your spur gear and diff :D

wannabee 02-18-2005 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This looks a bit weak??

primusblowsgoat 02-18-2005 09:08 AM

Originally posted by pheyhoe
i was just thinking about this......

Why cant we have saddle packs (side by side) on a shaft drive car???....... suprised none of the big names have tried it yet.

Also, yok SD, two screws, to get your spur gear and diff :D

theres a guy i saw at one of my local tracks that was running a 4x2 config on his tc3, custom cut the chassis it looked like, looked odd, but he was fast so who knows

pheyhoe 02-18-2005 09:12 AM

yer as long as you get enough weight on the opposite side to the motor it should be ok... you can get the batts pretty close to the center of the car with shaft. so its not "such" a big deal.

DA_cookie_monst 02-18-2005 09:13 AM

saddle chassis, weight balance is far easier to achieve.

pheyhoe 02-18-2005 09:19 AM

Yes i think i am going to make a custom chassis.

I am going to weigh all my electronics and then weigh my cells. I can see it being maybe:

Motor, 2 cells on one side and servo

Electronics and 4 cells the other...

But thats just a guesstimation.

Will start with a few designs in the next few weeks.

rc-zombies 02-18-2005 09:24 AM

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Will this be a conversion for people that have a Pro 4 or is the end of Hara/Surakarn at HPI?

Got a Pro 4 and have new car itus....conversion kit would rock.

Thanks for any info....

Jeff

no one knows at this point.... would be cheaper to buy the whole car.
only thing common I see right now are the suspention, arms and shock towers... the whole car will be drastically different when it reaches production.

pheyhoe 02-18-2005 10:01 AM

yes, i dare say alot of those parts will be option parts....

but i think the actual layout/format of the car will stay the same.

RCGaryK 02-18-2005 10:56 AM

Originally posted by wannabee
This looks a bit weak??
I thought something similar. I don't think it would be weak, but it "could" be a flex point. It might be better on high grip surfaces if the upper deck mounted further back.

Frank, those sure look like HPI shock to me...whats different about them or who makes them?

mtc3od 02-18-2005 11:15 AM

The so called weak spot looks like it is resting on the battery

TeamPRP 02-18-2005 11:26 AM

Just by glancing at the photos it looks like it would work great with rubber, but once foams go on it looks like it would flex a lot and maybe tweak as well (mulitple attachment points all over the upper deack area). It would be nice to see a "cleaner" design for this car with an upper deck that really "locks" into place.

As far as looks, RDX still wins! :nod: :D

RCGaryK 02-18-2005 11:40 AM

I dunno Ben, I like the Blue on my 415...but my Purple Mi2 and Pro 4 aren't bad either :D

S.Stew 02-18-2005 11:57 AM

Diggity Designs is finnishing up design right now on a TC3/4 conversion that uses 2 cells on one(with the motor) side and 4 on the other. The shaft is low enough on a stock TC3/4 and on the Diggity conversion the shaft is lowered even more. I might have pics coming soon...

But my point is nothing limits you to putting sadle packs on a shaft drive chassis.

CypressMidWest 02-18-2005 11:58 AM

Touring car is truly becoming the "Car of the Week" class. It's exactly like Oval was 10 or so years ago. I fail to understand why companies don't evolve their existing platforms, rather than just jumping on the latest chassis design trend. If Kyosho creates a car with the batteries positioned diagonally across the chassis and a four belt drivetrain, then wins the Worlds, every manufacturer but Losi and AE will build a car that looks exactly like it.

Of course the PRO 4 must need to be replaced, there were more of them in the A at the worlds than any other car, but it didn't win.:rolleyes:

rayhuang 02-18-2005 12:26 PM

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Touring car is truly becoming the "Car of the Week" class. It's exactly like Oval was 10 or so years ago. I fail to understand why companies don't evolve their existing platforms, rather than just jumping on the latest chassis design trend....
Geez-Ian-what a buzzkill!! :lol:

YOur right!! We cannot beat a good old fashioned TC3 at the Gate. Though the Xray did dominate the Gate for a few months.