R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2006, 06:11 AM   #4036
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,194
Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Old Man
Any one had problems with the center one way? Mine blew up after 3 races?
Thinking of sending it back?
Are you using good quality one way lube??
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:51 AM   #4037
Tech Addict
 
AngryAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Marcos... have you got a picture of your Cyclone with GTB installed?

I've got a new car on the way, and would like to know how you fit everything in! The GTB isn't ... small..

Cheers!
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:11 AM   #4038
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,194
Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Marcos... have you got a picture of your Cyclone with GTB installed?

I've got a new car on the way, and would like to know how you fit everything in! The GTB isn't ... small..

Cheers!
here it is with the GTB



and with the LRP Shpere competition

Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:20 AM   #4039
Tech Addict
 
AngryAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Thanks!
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:07 AM   #4040
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,194
Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Thanks!
what motor are you using? 5.5 or 4.5? If you are using the 4.5 you can fit a 110 spur with a little modification and you can run up to a 10.73 fdr. I ran it with no problems at all.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:03 PM   #4041
Tech Addict
 
AngryAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

By the time the car gets here... i'll be using a 4.5

Currently using a 5.5.


And i'll be using 48P. 80T spur...

Run in the 10's... i'm thinking around 9.75

But the race on friday is a double. There's an indoor section and a huge outdoor section meant for gas cars. I've run the 5.5 out there against some lower spec gas cars and been able to keep up. The electric is just so smooth and controllable. They spent their time banging into things..

I think i'll go down to 10.26 for the indoor...

By mods - you mean filing the CF brace?
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:50 PM   #4042
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,209
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys I trying to find the Servo Saver Body pt#75143. I've looked at speedtech, rcmart, rcmodel and stormer and can't find it. Does anyone know of any shops that have any or does anyone have an extra one they can sell me????

Thanks,
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Gizmo Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform...
"When I want the truth I go to the internet because that's the magical place where no one lies"...
"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #4043
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,194
Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
By the time the car gets here... i'll be using a 4.5

Currently using a 5.5.


And i'll be using 48P. 80T spur...

Run in the 10's... i'm thinking around 9.75

But the race on friday is a double. There's an indoor section and a huge outdoor section meant for gas cars. I've run the 5.5 out there against some lower spec gas cars and been able to keep up. The electric is just so smooth and controllable. They spent their time banging into things..

I think i'll go down to 10.26 for the indoor...

By mods - you mean filing the CF brace?
yes file about 2 to 3 mm
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #4044
N4S
Tech Fanatic
 
N4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Posts: 997
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

http://mrcmodelcarparts.com/front.as...ID=HPI%2D75143

hey scott b , i did a search and found this
N4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:08 PM   #4045
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,194
Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4S
http://mrcmodelcarparts.com/front.as...ID=HPI%2D75143

hey scott b , i did a search and found this

Hey Sean I see you made the switch
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:10 PM   #4046
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

he was sold after trying mine this past weekend i think.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #4047
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,194
Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
he was sold after trying mine this past weekend i think.
hek so was I !!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #4048
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default



i have been messing with another spool setup for fast sweeping tracks.i will post it when i get it just right.my origional setup was too aggressive.it worked awesome on tigh and technical but now i am looking to get it right for fast and open.i think i have it nailed.i will try it out at my next race and let you know.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #4049
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,194
Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3


i have been messing with another spool setup for fast sweeping tracks.i will post it when i get it just right.my origional setup was too aggressive.it worked awesome on tigh and technical but now i am looking to get it right for fast and open.i think i have it nailed.i will try it out at my next race and let you know.
let me know!! are you going to speedline this weekend??
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:36 PM   #4050
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

na,im putting my new exhaust system on my vette this weekend.i will be there next weekend with a grumble.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:18 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net