R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2006, 09:27 AM   #3241
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to macvolcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by noline
I have a delema with my Hot Bodies Cyclone I bought it 2nd hand but its in mint condition only one or two runs on it the problem Im having is when I make a right tight turn it wants to spin out but when it turns left its fine I put it on a MIP Tweak station to see if it was out of tweek and when I looked at the bubble it was dead center I did that for the front as well and it was dead center as well so I looked over the whole car to see if anything was bent or binding up and everthing was fine I ran a brand new set of Take offs CS-27 and it still spins out I ran the same tires on a differnt touring car to see if it was the tires but they where fine to I checked all the shock lenghts and they where fine as well and I checked the sway bars to see if they where bent or binding up and they where fine to I also looked to see if any screws where loose but that was Ok to the setup Im running is the asphalt setup on the back page on only changes i made to the car was I built a front diff and a center locked pully my only guess now I maybe the chassis could be tweeked if any one can please help me I would greatly appreciate it its driving me crazy!!!

I had the same problem, I could not figure it out for about 2 weeks. I found that changing the droop helped out. I changed the front doop to 2 and the rear to 4 and that solved the problem.
macvolcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #3242
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by noline
I have a delema with my Hot Bodies Cyclone I bought it 2nd hand but its in mint condition only one or two runs on it the problem Im having is when I make a right tight turn it wants to spin out but when it turns left its fine I put it on a MIP Tweak station to see if it was out of tweek and when I looked at the bubble it was dead center I did that for the front as well and it was dead center as well so I looked over the whole car to see if anything was bent or binding up and everthing was fine I ran a brand new set of Take offs CS-27 and it still spins out I ran the same tires on a differnt touring car to see if it was the tires but they where fine to I checked all the shock lenghts and they where fine as well and I checked the sway bars to see if they where bent or binding up and they where fine to I also looked to see if any screws where loose but that was Ok to the setup Im running is the asphalt setup on the back page on only changes i made to the car was I built a front diff and a center locked pully my only guess now I maybe the chassis could be tweeked if any one can please help me I would greatly appreciate it its driving me crazy!!!
Hello you should check if the upper bulckheads are'nt bended
benoitrdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #3243
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter

Steering balance on ur tranny??

Check it with a lock circle.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #3244
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

check that your steering turnbuckles are identicle lengths.after that i would put the car on setup blocks and check that there is no rocking to the chassis.if there is,loosen the top deck screws,hold the chassis flat on the blocks and re tighten the screws.you also need to check your epa on your radio and make sure that the car turns equal size circles on the track.you should be fine after that.

i ran my 1 way car in stock today and my spool car in mod.both cars were fantastic.i tq'ed and won stock touring and was 8 tenths of a second away from tq'ing mod.what a good day of racing.i finally found an awesome setup for both cars.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #3245
Tech Adept

Ive had the same problem with a previous car, make sure your servo horn is perfectly vertical and your steering rack is perfectly central when your wheels are straight, hence like protc3 said your steering turnbuckles are of perfectly equal lengths.
If they are slightly different lengths you will have different ackerman settings left to right.

Hope this helps,
Phil.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #3246
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Can someone confirm if the new kit version do not include a one way diff?
Old 03-20-2006, 07:56 AM   #3247
Tech Initiate

Sorry if these are stupid questions im just very confused
Is Hara's pretty much all purple cyclone a proto or can you buy them?
And also is there a new car coming out anytime soon?

Thanks
Andy
Andy__+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:58 AM   #3248
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__+
Sorry if these are stupid questions im just very confused
Is Hara's pretty much all purple cyclone a proto or can you buy them?
And also is there a new car coming out anytime soon?

Thanks
Andy
The new versions that you can buy are the Hara and Surikarn edition which have some newer parts and are either purple or blue anodized.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #3249
Tech Initiate

Default Rear Diff

Hi guys!

Anyone can help me out on how to adjust the rear diff. Need to tighten it a bit. Do I need to take out the dogbone or is it like an Xray wherein you can tighten the diff by just inserting a block in the hole of the diff shaft and just turn the rear wheels?

Thanks...
gido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:42 AM   #3250
Tech Regular

Just insert a small screw driver down the hole in the middle of the diff. Hold one side of the wheel and turn the other side to adjust the diff.
lookinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #3251
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

insert an allen wrench in the hole and turn the wheel.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #3252
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter

Dont snap the diff screw
Old 03-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #3253
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinco
Just insert a small screw driver down the hole in the middle of the diff. Hold one side of the wheel and turn the other side to adjust the diff.
Can't seem to insert a small allen all the way in. Been turning it but couldn't find the hole to go through.
gido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:42 AM   #3254
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
check that your steering turnbuckles are identicle lengths.after that i would put the car on setup blocks and check that there is no rocking to the chassis.if there is,loosen the top deck screws,hold the chassis flat on the blocks and re tighten the screws.you also need to check your epa on your radio and make sure that the car turns equal size circles on the track.you should be fine after that.

i ran my 1 way car in stock today and my spool car in mod.both cars were fantastic.i tq'ed and won stock touring and was 8 tenths of a second away from tq'ing mod.what a good day of racing.i finally found an awesome setup for both cars.
hey Jason,
did you have any of your cyclone BMI chassis photo? could you post on that so we can have a better look on what cyclone BMI chasiss look like. thanks
Old 03-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #3255
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nickmind

Where is the Best place to buy a Cyclone?