R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2006, 09:27 AM   #3241
Tech Adept
 
macvolcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to macvolcom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noline
I have a delema with my Hot Bodies Cyclone I bought it 2nd hand but its in mint condition only one or two runs on it the problem Im having is when I make a right tight turn it wants to spin out but when it turns left its fine I put it on a MIP Tweak station to see if it was out of tweek and when I looked at the bubble it was dead center I did that for the front as well and it was dead center as well so I looked over the whole car to see if anything was bent or binding up and everthing was fine I ran a brand new set of Take offs CS-27 and it still spins out I ran the same tires on a differnt touring car to see if it was the tires but they where fine to I checked all the shock lenghts and they where fine as well and I checked the sway bars to see if they where bent or binding up and they where fine to I also looked to see if any screws where loose but that was Ok to the setup Im running is the asphalt setup on the back page on only changes i made to the car was I built a front diff and a center locked pully my only guess now I maybe the chassis could be tweeked if any one can please help me I would greatly appreciate it its driving me crazy!!!

I had the same problem, I could not figure it out for about 2 weeks. I found that changing the droop helped out. I changed the front doop to 2 and the rear to 4 and that solved the problem.
macvolcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #3242
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: europe
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noline
I have a delema with my Hot Bodies Cyclone I bought it 2nd hand but its in mint condition only one or two runs on it the problem Im having is when I make a right tight turn it wants to spin out but when it turns left its fine I put it on a MIP Tweak station to see if it was out of tweek and when I looked at the bubble it was dead center I did that for the front as well and it was dead center as well so I looked over the whole car to see if anything was bent or binding up and everthing was fine I ran a brand new set of Take offs CS-27 and it still spins out I ran the same tires on a differnt touring car to see if it was the tires but they where fine to I checked all the shock lenghts and they where fine as well and I checked the sway bars to see if they where bent or binding up and they where fine to I also looked to see if any screws where loose but that was Ok to the setup Im running is the asphalt setup on the back page on only changes i made to the car was I built a front diff and a center locked pully my only guess now I maybe the chassis could be tweeked if any one can please help me I would greatly appreciate it its driving me crazy!!!
Hello you should check if the upper bulckheads are'nt bended
benoitrdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #3243
Tech Regular
 
Andrew_Carter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hb Ninja Squad
Posts: 287
Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter
Default

Steering balance on ur tranny??

Check it with a lock circle.
__________________
ToniSport | Yokomo | GavGraphix | MHP
Andrew_Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #3244
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,823
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

check that your steering turnbuckles are identicle lengths.after that i would put the car on setup blocks and check that there is no rocking to the chassis.if there is,loosen the top deck screws,hold the chassis flat on the blocks and re tighten the screws.you also need to check your epa on your radio and make sure that the car turns equal size circles on the track.you should be fine after that.

i ran my 1 way car in stock today and my spool car in mod.both cars were fantastic.i tq'ed and won stock touring and was 8 tenths of a second away from tq'ing mod.what a good day of racing.i finally found an awesome setup for both cars.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #3245
Tech Adept
 
Phil C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuneaton, England
Posts: 177
Default

Ive had the same problem with a previous car, make sure your servo horn is perfectly vertical and your steering rack is perfectly central when your wheels are straight, hence like protc3 said your steering turnbuckles are of perfectly equal lengths.
If they are slightly different lengths you will have different ackerman settings left to right.

Hope this helps,
Phil.
__________________
| Team XRAY UK | HUDY | RC DisCo| LRP | Sanwa | SMD | Moorespeed | MB Models | Gingapaint | McLaren Racing |
Phil C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #3246
Tech Champion
 
danjoy25's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,149
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Can someone confirm if the new kit version do not include a one way diff?
__________________
Awesomatix A800 & A800X/ Mugen MTX-5 / 3 Racing F113 / Kyosho RB5 / Kyosho Mini-Z
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:56 AM   #3247
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 36
Default

Sorry if these are stupid questions im just very confused
Is Hara's pretty much all purple cyclone a proto or can you buy them?
And also is there a new car coming out anytime soon?

Thanks
Andy
__________________
Hotbodies Cyclone
Gm Racing
MuchMore
Andy__+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:58 AM   #3248
Tech Master
 
XrayFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__+
Sorry if these are stupid questions im just very confused
Is Hara's pretty much all purple cyclone a proto or can you buy them?
And also is there a new car coming out anytime soon?

Thanks
Andy
The new versions that you can buy are the Hara and Surikarn edition which have some newer parts and are either purple or blue anodized.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #3249
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 35
Default Rear Diff

Hi guys!

Anyone can help me out on how to adjust the rear diff. Need to tighten it a bit. Do I need to take out the dogbone or is it like an Xray wherein you can tighten the diff by just inserting a block in the hole of the diff shaft and just turn the rear wheels?

Thanks...
gido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:42 AM   #3250
Tech Regular
 
lookinco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 257
Default

Just insert a small screw driver down the hole in the middle of the diff. Hold one side of the wheel and turn the other side to adjust the diff.
lookinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #3251
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

insert an allen wrench in the hole and turn the wheel.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #3252
Tech Regular
 
Andrew_Carter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hb Ninja Squad
Posts: 287
Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter
Default

Dont snap the diff screw
__________________
ToniSport | Yokomo | GavGraphix | MHP
Andrew_Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #3253
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinco
Just insert a small screw driver down the hole in the middle of the diff. Hold one side of the wheel and turn the other side to adjust the diff.
Can't seem to insert a small allen all the way in. Been turning it but couldn't find the hole to go through.
gido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:42 AM   #3254
Tech Master
 
Guo Chean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana, PA15701
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
check that your steering turnbuckles are identicle lengths.after that i would put the car on setup blocks and check that there is no rocking to the chassis.if there is,loosen the top deck screws,hold the chassis flat on the blocks and re tighten the screws.you also need to check your epa on your radio and make sure that the car turns equal size circles on the track.you should be fine after that.

i ran my 1 way car in stock today and my spool car in mod.both cars were fantastic.i tq'ed and won stock touring and was 8 tenths of a second away from tq'ing mod.what a good day of racing.i finally found an awesome setup for both cars.
hey Jason,
did you have any of your cyclone BMI chassis photo? could you post on that so we can have a better look on what cyclone BMI chasiss look like. thanks
__________________
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]|HotBodies|HPI|Full Throttle Motorsports|KO PROPO|DSM|Nosram|JACO|MUCH MORE RACING|Schacht Design Works|[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Guo Chean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #3255
Tech Regular
 
Nickmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 387
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nickmind
Default

Where is the Best place to buy a Cyclone?
__________________
Nickmind - 2 x savages, hyper 7, Revo 2.5, TC4, T4, 3 x 18T, CRT x1, Tmaxx, 8ight & 8ight-T 2.0 - all ran from a 3PK and spektrum.
Nickmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net