Hot Bodies Cyclone

You're on Page 200 of 1318
Go to
  • if you see clearly that is purple color and he only nosram heat sink not nosram esc
  • Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone has noticed any excessive wear on the layshaft where the centre 1-way rides? Mine seems to have worn to the point where the centre 1-way doesnt "lock" on power occasionaly which makes for some entertaining random 2WD action .

Anyone else had a failure of this type?
  • My one-way layshaft was doing the same thing, but the bearings in the centre pulley were starting to come loose so I went to double locked pulleys.

I reckon the layshafts aren't hardened enough :-(
  • Have a look at the endbell on the V2 in Surikarn's car. Its had further machining for better airflow.
  • Quote: Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone has noticed any excessive wear on the layshaft where the centre 1-way rides? Mine seems to have worn to the point where the centre 1-way doesnt "lock" on power occasionaly which makes for some entertaining random 2WD action .

Anyone else had a failure of this type?
    Mne did this but it was actually the one way bearing spinning inside the pulley. I used a drop or two of CA and let it dry. Put it all back together and it worked great and no more slipping. I think someone else here had this problem. I thought maybe mine was doing the same. Come to find out it was and I fixed it. Truthfully though I didn't see any differeance in my lap times with front way vs. double one ways.
  • Hi all

I need a bit of advise please.
    I'm just building my Cyclone and I'm not using the front one way I'm fitting a spool and I'm using the solid centre shaft pulley.
    I have fitted it all up but there seems to be a lot of side to side movement on the centre shaft is this normal? Also the front belt isn't running directly under the tensioner its just to the left.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim
  • Woundering what usually breaks on this car?
  • Usually the steering knuckle and the C-hub breaks first. I also find that the ball stud that came with the car to be very brittle and break quite easily, especailly if you have aluminum knuckle. The front Aluminum dogbone bend VERY easily, an upgrade to the steel or even the TiR titanium would be a good choice.

Other then that, every seems fine. At least I haven't broke any of mine yet.
  • Quote: Hi all

I need a bit of advise please.
    I'm just building my Cyclone and I'm not using the front one way I'm fitting a spool and I'm using the solid centre shaft pulley.
    I have fitted it all up but there seems to be a lot of side to side movement on the centre shaft is this normal? Also the front belt isn't running directly under the tensioner its just to the left.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim
    Adjust the play with the rear layshaft pulley,jst undo the grub screw and slide it across,should do the trick!
  • Quote: My one-way layshaft was doing the same thing, but the bearings in the centre pulley were starting to come loose so I went to double locked pulleys.

I reckon the layshafts aren't hardened enough :-(
    The layshaft in mine has actually worn in diametre, so i'd have to agree, with your layshaft comment.

I'll get hold of a fixed centre pulley. Thanks to those who replied.

Cheers
  • do they have haras setup that he had on his car in those pics yet?i would like to get it if you guys know where to find it.
  • Hello what are those white springs used by hara and moore on their front shocks at TITC 2006?

Thank you
  • Which brand make the "special" black shottky used by the HB team drivers???????

• Quote: Hello what are those white springs used by hara and moore on their front shocks at TITC 2006?

Thank you
    Tamiya whites maybe? as Xray whites are only 17.5,maybe even rayspeed whites lol who nows.

@hugo -Novak

l8rs
  • Quote: Which brand make the "special" black shottky used by the HB team drivers???????

Pretty sure they are Novak diodes.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJJF4&P=0

Ive definately seen Hara using one of these.