R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-22-2006, 06:08 AM   #2956
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have just received my new Cyclone and having a look through the instructions it shows you have to glue the side of the diff pulley on. Should I use CA on it or should I melt it together like I did on my old RCLab as in the past I have had these come off.

thanks
Tim
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:12 AM   #2957
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry
I have just received my new Cyclone and having a look through the instructions it shows you have to glue the side of the diff pulley on. Should I use CA on it or should I melt it together like I did on my old RCLab as in the past I have had these come off.

thanks
Tim
Just run some thin CA glue around the edge and press the two together.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:27 AM   #2958
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
I need to replace my alum. dogbones. Does anyone have any of the following:
HB Front Steel Universal Dogbone 61043
HPI MIP CVD universal set (Pro4)
HPI Steel dogbone 75186
TiR Cyclone CVD set
TiR Pro CVD set
or even the Tamiya Steel 46mm dogbones which I think should fit.

Thanks.
The HB steel ones work great. I have them in the front of my car and zero bending issues. Speedtech should have them in stock and your local shop should be able to get them thru Horizon as mine extra set showed up last week off backorder. I think Stormer also would have them in stock by now as well.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:47 AM   #2959
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I agree with Wyd, the HB hard steel ones seem to do the trick rather well... I haven't had any bending or wobbling issues since I have gone to them!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:27 AM   #2960
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
The HB steel ones work great. I have them in the front of my car and zero bending issues. Speedtech should have them in stock and your local shop should be able to get them thru Horizon as mine extra set showed up last week off backorder. I think Stormer also would have them in stock by now as well.
I'll email Speedtech, I just really don't like paying $8 for shipping on a $14 dollar part. Maybe he can just put it in an envelope.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:46 AM   #2961
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
I'll email Speedtech, I just really don't like paying $8 for shipping on a $14 dollar part. Maybe he can just put it in an envelope.
I understand. When do you need the parts by? I actually have 6 total with 2 being on my car and have 4 spares. I didn't change my rear ones yet but as long as they don't bend I will keep the aluminum ones stock.

I could sell you pair and just have my shop order me more since I'm not racing for 2 weeks. Hit me on the IM tonight sometime after about 6PM or so as I should be on by then. I will check my stash to see what I have for sure.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #2962
Tech Initiate

Hi All,

I am looking to replace with my trusty Pro 4 with a Cyclone. Though I need some convincing before I shell out my precious pounds. Is it really as good as everyone says it is? Are there any tips and tricks I should do if I do get one? I will be running in the 19 turn class so a starting setup will be handy. I will be racing on a variety of tarmac tracks. Some Technical. Some Fast. Some bumpy. Some Smooth. Some a mix of these. Tyres will be a control rubber tyre from Corally that are very hard wearing but give excellent grip. Any help will be great.

Regards
Paul
pwracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #2963
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwracing
Hi All,

I am looking to replace with my trusty Pro 4 with a Cyclone. Though I need some convincing before I shell out my precious pounds. Is it really as good as everyone says it is? Are there any tips and tricks I should do if I do get one? I will be running in the 19 turn class so a starting setup will be handy. I will be racing on a variety of tarmac tracks. Some Technical. Some Fast. Some bumpy. Some Smooth. Some a mix of these. Tyres will be a control rubber tyre from Corally that are very hard wearing but give excellent grip. Any help will be great.

Regards
Paul
You could even keep the Pro4 for parts, as all the suspension components, diffs, and hardware are the same. As far as the Cyclone, yes, it is a very deserving car. It drives extremely well and is great to work on; easy diff access, easy spur gear access, etc. For tips once you get the car:
1. replace the two plastic spacers with a bearing in the diff.
2. shave down the FR pivot block so you can raise it up without it interfering with the steering linkages.
3. shave down the chassis opening under the front diff so the belt doesn't rub against the chassis.
4. Some people have had problems with the ball studs, either carry spares or replace them with titanium ones.
5. The stock dogbones will bend (front mostly), replace them with steel ones.

There is a page with all these tips from Hara himself, look a few pages back on the thread.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #2964
Tech Initiate

Cheers Mate,

Are you sure that i use the bearing and not the spacers? I have heard from a UK Magazine that it works better with the spacers.

I will be able to get some Titanium CVD's at work so no worries there.

Have you had to change the setup much from kit for the tracks you have raced on?

Paul
Old 02-22-2006, 12:26 PM   #2965
Tech Regular

pw u got pm

jimmy
jimmy..maddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #2966
Tech Master

Quote:
Cheers Mate,

Are you sure that i use the bearing and not the spacers? I have heard from a UK Magazine that it works better with the spacers.

I will be able to get some Titanium CVD's at work so no worries there.

Have you had to change the setup much from kit for the tracks you have raced on?

Paul
I race on carpet so my setups wouldn't help you much. Try starting with Hara's setups, then adjust according to your driving style. Where are you located?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:17 PM   #2967
Tech Initiate

Well the carpet setups would help as I usually race on Carpet when I race at my club. I live in the UK.

Paul
Old 02-22-2006, 02:19 PM   #2968
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter

I no if said this before but to be honest with you PW kit setup isnt that far off,it will deffintly do while you play with around with setup changes.I also live in UK and run on a quite big carpet track using a 19t,If you want any tips or advice jsut give us a shout on the pm!

Laters
Old 02-23-2006, 06:52 AM   #2969
Tech Addict

For carpet and rubbers I use slightly stiffer springs on the front (HPI Pinks) and no sway bar on the rear. Also, I've raised the rear roll centre by 1mm. That's pretty much all I have done to the setup (apart from maybe a hole or two away from the stock settings on shock positions).
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:27 AM   #2970
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Hi All,

Regards
Paul
Paul,
get on msn mate, ive got plenty of info youll be intrested in.
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote