Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 01-22-2006, 01:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyd
I ran into my first problem. I built all my shocks but I have one where the threaded retainer will not thread right. It is so tight once you get it started that you can't tighten it any farther. It is not cross threaded and I already tried all the other retainers on this shock and the same results. It seems like maybe the hard anodize might be a few mils thicker and causing the problem.

I just ordered some new bodies and extra retainers. Stormer Hobbies had them all in stock so I should still easily be good to go for next weekend.

One other note is Rayspeed Springs fit thse shock perfectly. I had all the springs from when I ran them on my Cuda and Yokes. Just one more tuning option available for those that have these springs. I decided to use these instead of order a set of HPI springs at this time.
I also had this problem with 2 of my shock bodies. You just need to gently persuade the shock collar onto the threads, by turning it forward and backwards. Gradually it will move up the shock body and after that it should be fine, it took me a few minutes to do this but it's better than buying new parts
Old 01-22-2006, 08:00 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skill
I also had this problem with 2 of my shock bodies. You just need to gently persuade the shock collar onto the threads, by turning it forward and backwards. Gradually it will move up the shock body and after that it should be fine, it took me a few minutes to do this but it's better than buying new parts
Actually thats kinda what I did plus I used my Dremel with some a little rubbing compound and just went over the lower part of the shock body some and problem was solved. I still ordered a spare shock body and threaded collars since Stormer has them in stock.

That was the only problem in the kit. For those who want to try Rayspeed springs they are about 2mm longer than the stock kit springs. I had no problems getting my 5mm ride height with these springs and rubber tires. I went with the Red springs for the front and whites for the rear like I did on my Cuda's. Car feel really nice. I'm in the finishing stages now. Just put in electronics and need to adjust them and then put on my new lid and its actually ready to test on the track.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone got any ideas when is the release date for Hara's edition of cyclone with all the purple parts....
Bling bling.......
Old 01-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

What belts are you lot running in your cyclones? has anyone found any that help free up the drivetrain alittle more??
Old 01-22-2006, 02:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smartypants
What belts are you lot running in your cyclones? has anyone found any that help free up the drivetrain alittle more??
I thought I read that the Xray front belt fits this car. Didn't run my car yet but I sprayed out the grease and re-oiled with WD-40 and without running the car it is very free. I imagine once I run it a few packs it will be better.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Jason ........... how did your racing go this weekend ? Chaulk up another win with your Cyclone ?
Old 01-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JoeyE
I rebuilt my shocks with TAMIYA bladder(cuz I had some laying around)and the work fine. I don't like the little foam thing that sits on top of the bladder so I used two o-rings instead. Pretty good now Also got the Square right bulk head peice. Looks like an MSX, haha.
tamiya bladder is stiffer than any hpi bladder. also tamiya bladder is slightly smaller diameter.

also the foam on top contributes to rebound, so changing it to 2 o-rings along with the tamiya bladder will give you WAY less rebound dampening than normal. the hpi foam is very soft (mainly compared to tamiya red urethane).

so if your car is porpoising or unloading a corner too quickly you may look into changing that.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anybody know where I can find cylone parts, i need 2 front axels.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Anyone have more info about the Hara and Karn version Cyclone. Is it a limited edition or is it a direct replacement?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
Anyone have more info about the Hara and Karn version Cyclone. Is it a limited edition or is it a direct replacement?

I think this summer.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m8commando
Anybody know where I can find cylone parts, i need 2 front axels.

Try RcModel. I have ordered most of my parts from them.
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/
Old 01-23-2006, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wyd
Well about 65% done with the car. Everything is very smooth. Only problem is I broke 2 ball studs so far as they seem to split easily if you tighten them up too tight (I actually didn't think it was that tight but apparently it was). No big deal as I will just order a few more.
If you go back to post # 2424 you can reas about my solution for the broken stud problem.

BTW ran in the florida state series this week end and ran well no problems at all and I have to say that the car is extremly stable with double oneways. I Ran the Hara nats set up (the race was at speedline hobbies) I just showed up and put the car down, I didn't have to change a thing. I felt good and I haven't been this competitive in a while infortunately the rust from not racing in a while got to me and I didn't finish well. I didn't have any relivility problem to speak of and I'm very happy with the car.

Jason it was a pleasure to meet you, Again let me know if their is anything I can help you with. Im going to see if I can make it out to B&B sometime before next ST race. Thanks again for the set up nuts Ill be puting those things to good use.

Luis
Old 01-23-2006, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

has anyone had massive understeer with their cyclones with the kit setup. Despite what changes I make to car (and I have had help from HPI) I still get major understeer. I am thinking I have built something incorrectly.

Any help?
Old 01-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
limited edition dan
Old 01-23-2006, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
has anyone had massive understeer with their cyclones with the kit setup. Despite what changes I make to car (and I have had help from HPI) I still get major understeer. I am thinking I have built something incorrectly.

Any help?

Something must be wrong, I would go over the whole car with a fime tooth comb. I found my self tuning out steering with the stock set up and this was racing with a front diff and loked center pully.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.