R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #2326
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngo8
its not a hassle just go to youre Manual and build the rear diff for the front part numbers are there simple dont bother with pro4 parts for diffs
I know that, that's not what the issue is here. I'm talking about the Pro4 outdrives compared to the Cyclone ones. If you use the Pro4 outdrives, then you have to use longer bones. I want to know if the HPI Steel bones will fit the Cyclone axles.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #2327
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I snapped the axle on my TIR CVD's tonight and need a new one. I know I can order them directly from Titanium Racing but the price is steep. Do you know if this one will fit the Cyclone?
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=7000
I guess I'll use the stock ones until I find a new axle. It snapped right around the joint inside the cup.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:00 AM   #2328
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordheim
I snapped the axle on my TIR CVD's tonight and need a new one. I know I can order them directly from Titanium Racing but the price is steep. Do you know if this one will fit the Cyclone?
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=7000
I guess I'll use the stock ones until I find a new axle. It snapped right around the joint inside the cup.
Yes instock !
full set same instock !
HKRCMODEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:55 AM   #2329
Tech Addict

As far as I am aware it is only the bone that it different between the Cyclone CVDs and the Pro 4 CVD's. I have just ordered myself a pair of TIR CVD's for the front of my car after shearing one of my driveshafts clean in half. I must say that when I had them on my Pro 4 I was very impressed, they had no wear at all at the pin hole after about 6 months of use. However, I did once snap an axle, I'm surprised to hear that other people are doing the same thing as I thought my case was a one-off....
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:07 AM   #2330
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Carter
JonboyGB

Its on the hotbodies site,its Hara's set up from the IIC in vegas,he was pretty dailed in the main.Heres a link

http://hotbodiesonline.net/Set-ups/cycln_05IIC.pdf

Thanks Andrew.

I think the PDF is corrupt, every time I download it and open it, I only see the top quarter? Would someone mind emailing there version of this PDF or even changing it to a jpeg and sending it to me. If you are willing to do this, please let me know and Ill PM you my email address.

Cheers
Old 01-10-2006, 02:23 AM   #2331
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill
As far as I am aware it is only the bone that it different between the Cyclone CVDs and the Pro 4 CVD's. I have just ordered myself a pair of TIR CVD's for the front of my car after shearing one of my driveshafts clean in half. I must say that when I had them on my Pro 4 I was very impressed, they had no wear at all at the pin hole after about 6 months of use. However, I did once snap an axle, I'm surprised to hear that other people are doing the same thing as I thought my case was a one-off....
So does that mean that the Pro4 bones would fit in the Cyclone axle?
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:34 AM   #2332
Tech Fanatic

Since the Cyclone uses the Pro 4 uprights and bearings, I would think so.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:02 AM   #2333
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
So does that mean that the Pro4 bones would fit in the Cyclone axle?
I don't know 100% but I believe with the TIR CVD's the axles are identical for the Cyclone and Pro 4 and it's just the bone that differs.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:08 AM   #2334
Tech Fanatic

I've confirmed that the Pro 4 bones will fit the Cyclone axle, also "it would be cheaper to buy the pro4 diff kit and the Cyclone outdrives and pulley - it's cheaper than buying all the individual parts" - this from a Cyclone racer.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:22 AM   #2335
Tech Addict

Are there any plans to release a ball diff set for the Cyclone? At the moment to buy a diff would end up costing around 1/5th of the price of the car, surely that can't be right when you consider all the carbon fibre and aluminium that the car comes with too.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:05 AM   #2336
Tech Fanatic

I wouldn't know, to be honest, but as I mentioned above you can get these parts:

HPI 75141 Pro 4 ball diff set (use the bearings, spring, diff balls, thrust balls, thrust washers), and
HPI A495 39T pulley, and
HB70715 Diff Cup Joint Set (Cyclone)

You might want to get the
HPI 73522 Hara diff screw and nut, and
HPI 75053 ceramic nitride diff balls
optionally

and this would save you the cost of getting all the HB parts individually. It's not ideal but right now that's the only option.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #2337
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
I will probably end up just getting the cyclone outdrives, now I just want to know for the sake of knowing
So there are also Pro4 bones that made for the cyclone axles? Are those the HPI Hard Steel Dogbones?(part # 75186)
yes..those are the bones that will fit the cyclone axles.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:05 AM   #2338
Tech Master

Translation from ALTAVISTA.COM :

Original link: http://www13.ocn.ne.jp/~mirage-j/AH/.../cyclone01.htm

At the time of the cyclone assembly, it keepsintroducingthe part where I have put in place main point in detail.

It is the option part which is used other thankit standard.
HB60115 HB shock shaft set S (2 pcs)
75053 ceramic diff. balls (2.4mm/12pcs)
73086 graphite bumper braces
31413 aluminum spring mounts
38755 HPI competition O ring 50 (10)
73524 professional shock pistons (1.1mm 3 hole /4 pcs)

They are the chemicals which are usedwith the assembly. It keeps explaining use consecutively.
1. Cleaner 2. Primer 3. Screw lock medicine
4. Lubricating oil 5. Black grease
6. Stealth diff. lube 7. Professional joint
8. Shock slime 9. ローフリクショングリス

Edge processing of the carbon material which beginsthe main chassisis done. Painting the instantaneous adhesive agent on the cut surface of the carbon part, it is the work coating of doing.
The instantaneous adhesive agent, the primer (the cement of the instantaneous adhesive agent), the tissue is prepared.
As for the edge part of the cut surface unexpectedly being to be sharp,there ismeaning of wound prevention. In addition it is connected to also the prevention and strength rise of exfoliationdue tothe fact that the instantaneous adhesive agent soaks. And the completion is coolafter all. It is the case, stone three bird.

In the tissue which was folded moderately the primer soaking

In order to wipe the surface which is processed from now on, it keeps painting.

Well it is the production of the instant sink. The milling cutter part beingto be easy to flow intoto the surface starts job from the place of postponement and the arrow.

Forflap prevention, beforehand the tissue will be prepared under.
And as for placeof bumper ahead this main point note. Because the insertion exactly is, when you pile up too much, installation becomes hard afterwards.Thin it is the extent which it paints and,is not necessary to paint.

Approximately when the half lap it does, this time it reopens from the opposite side which is milling.

When lap it ends,sectionof the milling cutter which remains lastly is finished prudently.

Consequently also the processed department inside paints the primer, keeps letting flow the instant in the same way.

Ido twodegree coating. And from after giving roundness, when quality the completion is desired, first you use viscous in for viscous, 2nd low.

When coating ends in all carbon parts, watching for a while, you taste the petit achievement impression.

The work of becoming next before preparation motion. It unites the hand and グリグリ turns and undoes the wrist.

However spirit being left over, like the photograph the plain gauze mosquito plain gauze mosquito andyou do not have to do carelessly. When here it is popular too much, the battery to see under, because it comes out,placing the cell, while verifying,prudently.

As for completion such feeling.
You say to make sure, butinstantaneous coating is shaved after doing. Shaving first, because the stripe the instant is easy to flow out to the surface uninformed, is.

The part wherethe belt interferes is processed. Like the photograph when there is a special tool of リーター and the like, don't you think? it is convenient.

It shaves this and is packed.

While hearing Hirai hard, already one persisting! Still, the pupil does not have to be closed.

When the plate is finished, the aluminum part of the bulkhead and the like is installed. I it meaning that campaign is the majority, being to like to decrease to the utmost, do, the baggage, but in order even at the critical moment not to trouble, this extent has flown about providing. It is digression, but

At this point in timeit temporarily lockslightly.

Approximatelyas forthe bulkhead, left and right have been similar,easily into beto unite by mistake, you note. In order for the rib of the cam to be inside, because is, don't you think?.

That っ, the eyelid became heavy. (It continues)

1. Preparation item, carbon material edge processing
2. Diff. assembly, center shaft assembly
3. The belt it turns and attaches, the foot turns and attaches 1
4. The foot it turns and attaches 2, adjustment
5. Shock assembly
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #2339
Tech Fanatic

gotta love BabelEngrish! but it's a nice guide. Cool new shock towers too
Old 01-10-2006, 08:15 AM   #2340
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)