Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 07-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
This is probably my last post here. I had a great time with my Cyclones, but since I seem to be Mr. All Things Tamiya these days, it's time to turn the page. I'm posting because I haven't built a new VTA car yet, and I wanted to post that I'd had success putting TCX gear diffs in with only two part numbers necessary to complete the task. Here they are installed:

I used the 2mm shims (one on each side). Here are the PNs you need to convert over. ICRC, total cost was like $32.

Good luck guys!
have pics???
Old 10-19-2022, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hot Bodies rear diff question

I realize this is a old thread,, and so is my car. But figured I’d try here. I’m repurposing my Hot Bodies Cyclone TC and trying to run it in VTA. The rear diff is the ball type and I would like to find out if there is a gear diff out there that I can install,, any help appreciated.
Old 10-19-2022, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spurcheck
I realize this is a old thread,, and so is my car. But figured I’d try here. I’m repurposing my Hot Bodies Cyclone TC and trying to run it in VTA. The rear diff is the ball type and I would like to find out if there is a gear diff out there that I can install,, any help appreciated.
if i recall i think the HPI RS4 diff from the nitro car works

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 10-19-2022, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spurcheck

Well I am not sure If I can help you or not due I never raced or even tested with this geardiff before, specially on low turn motors.

Due my car is just prepared to run on RPM restricted plastic tub chassis with realistic body race.

I modified with Dremel and body hole reamer on another Spool pulley then tried to installed with TB03 gear diff match with Tamiya 42mm rear shaft CVD.

I recommend you use Aluminium can with shaft and steel gear in case you can find it, due plastic sucks.

Hopefully this could make you successful but at least you can try.
Old 10-19-2022, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Usually TRF 419-420 gear diffs will fit most chassis designs like that. What’s the dimensions between the two bulkheads?
Old 10-20-2022, 04:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

good
Old 10-20-2022, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Marcos.J;15949447]if i recall i think the HPI RS4 diff from the nitro car works

Hot Bodies Cyclone

[/QUOTE
thank you for taking the time to respond Marcos. I think I have some old R40 parts,, if I can find them.