R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #19756
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschejim911 View Post
I got out of racing back in 07, looking at getting back in now. I went through quite a few cars and by far the cyclone was my favorite. Looks like cyclone parts are too hard to find now to race. Due to budget I need a used car that isn't too pricey. Any newer hot bodies cars I might like that are still parts supported? Any other cars I might look at?
I have a cyclone TC that I'm about to sell with lots of spares, and everything needed to make it ready to run (motors, esc, radio, battery). Let me know if you are interested, and I can give you more details.
SpidarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:33 PM   #19757
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschejim911 View Post
I got out of racing back in 07, looking at getting back in now. I went through quite a few cars and by far the cyclone was my favorite. Looks like cyclone parts are too hard to find now to race. Due to budget I need a used car that isn't too pricey. Any newer hot bodies cars I might like that are still parts supported? Any other cars I might look at?
Sorry for the delay in answering. I like the Cyclone too. Parts support isn't too much of an issue with the Cyclone TC as most of the breakable parts are interchangeable with the TCX and TCXX versions that are still being supported. I use wheelspin.com in the UK for all my Cyclone parts (TC and TCXX). BTW SpidarX's Cyclone TC is one of the top cars in USGT. He really has the car dialed in. I'm surprised he wants to sell it!
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #19758
Tech Fanatic

Default Cyclone TC Chassis Question

I was looking at my friend's Cyclone TC yesterday and noticed it had a thicker chassis (~2.6mm) than mine (~2.4mm). Does anyone know why there were two different chassis sold on this car? Mine was bought a year or so after the car was introduced. Not sure when his was new. Also noticed that the battery slots were cut slightly different.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:15 AM   #19759
BJR
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys

Just wondering how to fit front/rear split blocks on my chassis. I have the Ecotek lipo chassis and noticed the genuine HB split blocks off my TCXX won't fit on the TC chassis because the Cyclone Bulk heads get in the way.. I'd rather not grind any aluminum away at this point. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Blen
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:16 AM   #19760
BJR
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:30 AM   #19761
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJR View Post
Hey guys

Just wondering how to fit front/rear split blocks on my chassis. I have the Ecotek lipo chassis and noticed the genuine HB split blocks off my TCXX won't fit on the TC chassis because the Cyclone Bulk heads get in the way.. I'd rather not grind any aluminum away at this point. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Blen
Fronts should work fine. In fact one of my two TC chassis is drilled for the the split blocks. However, the rears do seem to be the problem for which I have no suggetions other than stay with stock or start grinding..

If anyone is interested I have two TC chassis complete with bulkheads, motor mounts, shock towers, spool, diffs and belts for sale. One chassis has some damage on the front where the bumper mounts to the chassis so only 2 of 3 holes function but other than that it has full function. PM me if interested.

Last edited by John Wallace2; 05-19-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:50 AM   #19762
Tech Adept

Old 07-26-2017, 11:42 PM   #19763
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
This is probably my last post here. I had a great time with my Cyclones, but since I seem to be Mr. All Things Tamiya these days, it's time to turn the page. I'm posting because I haven't built a new VTA car yet, and I wanted to post that I'd had success putting TCX gear diffs in with only two part numbers necessary to complete the task. Here they are installed:

I used the 2mm shims (one on each side). Here are the PNs you need to convert over. ICRC, total cost was like $32.

Good luck guys!
have pics???