Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Selling my unused hopped up TC

Could not find a track in upstate NY to run my car. If you know of any let me know before this sells. See below.

$275 shipped

New Unused Hot Bodies Cyclone TC. Never driven or powered up with electrics. This is an actual TC, not some hopped up Cyclone. Never used except for display.

Original box manual and spares included.

Has following desirable hop ups:

HB Titanium Turnbuckles with HPI HD Ball Cups $20
HB Purple Aluminum Servo Mounts $40
HB Carbon Fiber mid plate $12

This will sell in 7 days since it is listed in an auction. Would love to sell to a dedicated fellow rc enthusiast here.

[email protected] for questions or pics.

Thanks -Eric
Old 09-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

RAn my car last night since the pm's and emails were BS. The car is dialed. Finished 3rd in 17.5 Played around with the 6 degree caster blocks for more on power steering on the sweeper. Worked out great. Also been running the car without any front arm sweep. Car feels better (IMO) with the hinge pins straight.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am kinda the same.. I run 0 or 1 sweep in the front.. if the track is more technical I may go up to 1.5.. I don't like how the car feels with anything higher. Weird when you see the pro's setup, always seems to have allot more sweep. I only run 17.5 maybe thats why I don't tend to need it. It makes the car (well my car) feel like it has too much steering and unpredictable at the last half of the corner.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
RAn my car last night since the pm's and emails were BS. The car is dialed. Finished 3rd in 17.5 Played around with the 6 degree caster blocks for more on power steering on the sweeper. Worked out great. Also been running the car without any front arm sweep. Car feels better (IMO) with the hinge pins straight.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by warnos
I am kinda the same.. I run 0 or 1 sweep in the front.. if the track is more technical I may go up to 1.5.. I don't like how the car feels with anything higher. Weird when you see the pro's setup, always seems to have allot more sweep. I only run 17.5 maybe thats why I don't tend to need it. It makes the car (well my car) feel like it has too much steering and unpredictable at the last half of the corner.
I do like the way the car feels now with out the sweep. Wish I had gone to this sooner.....LOL
Old 09-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Airwave
Hi guys! Now that I got my new TCX, i'd like to continue a not so old project of mine: Building something we can call Cyclone FWD. For this prototype, I will need some parts of my old TC but also some parts of the TC-D...

Does somebody know where I can get this kind of parts? I live in Europe and here we can't have neither the kit nor the parts of the TC-D... It seems that only our japanese friends have these parts in their shop...

So I'd like to know if any of you has a shop to recommend or something similar, please?
T'es trop à BLOC Jon !! Tu veux le châssis d'origine ma cyclone pour ton projet ? Je te le file volontiers.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Could somebody point me towards a how-to install a front NT1 diff in the back of my cyclone ? I'd like to know everything there is to know about that before maybe buying the parts.

I need the part #335000 , right ?

What else ? shims ? pulley ? which brand ?

Thanks a lot for your time.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

>

Last edited by Khador12; 09-22-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:47 PM
ark
Tech Addict

I cant see the colour of my HPI springs, does anybody know the
colour = coil? ie silver = 6.5 coils
I have Pink Silver and Blue that Im not sure of.
cheers
Old 09-22-2010, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by heretic
Could somebody point me towards a how-to install a front NT1 diff in the back of my cyclone ? I'd like to know everything there is to know about that before maybe buying the parts.

I need the part #335000 , right ?

What else ? shims ? pulley ? which brand ?

Thanks a lot for your time.

anyone ?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

bump !
Old 09-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Arrete de déconner et réinstalle un diff a billes...

Pour le proto je vais garder l'Exotek, il est moins plein de trous! Ensuite je verrai avec SwissComposites...
Old 09-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

I am so sick and tired of cleaning/rebuilding my diff every raceday. I'm going to have less time than previous years this winter, and with offroad at the same period I will feel like I spend my time doing diffs !

So I'm sticking with balls for off road (for obvious reasons) but if I can switch to gears for TC I'll do it. A NT1 gear diff is only 55.- on TM models' website, if if fits really good and doesn't wear out CVDs it will be worth every penny IMO.

Yeah, the exotek probably flexes more symmetrically than anything HB.... good point. I have a drill press should you need it. Any news on the availability of the TCD ?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by heretic
I am so sick and tired of cleaning/rebuilding my diff every raceday. I'm going to have less time than previous years this winter, and with offroad at the same period I will feel like I spend my time doing diffs !

So I'm sticking with balls for off road (for obvious reasons) but if I can switch to gears for TC I'll do it. A NT1 gear diff is only 55.- on TM models' website, if if fits really good and doesn't wear out CVDs it will be worth every penny IMO.

Yeah, the exotek probably flexes more symmetrically than anything HB.... good point. I have a drill press should you need it. Any news on the availability of the TCD ?
Is this with a pro-spec diff? If you have to rebuild everyday then you could be doing something wrong. Are you running mod or spec with the TC?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

With the pro spec diff I rebuild every month... and I don't even need too.. but I do not run in mod.. the old diffs were bad needed to be rebuilt allot more well twice as much.. I have the 3 racing gear diff also but I have gone back to the pro spec..

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Is this with a pro-spec diff? If you have to rebuild everyday then you could be doing something wrong. Are you running mod or spec with the TC?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Default Spur Gear

Whats the smallest spur gear that will fit Hot Bodies TC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.