R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #19306
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Korey, have you stocked up on "Tan in a can"? You said you were going to rock that deep burnished "orange" that only tan in a can can produce. It's also supposed to protect you from those bright sunny California days you are not used to...
you need to explain what "the sun" is first..... before you start talking to him about a tan.

he might freak out when he sees a big flaming ball in the sky. he might think its a meteor like the one that wiped out the dinosaurs.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #19307
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
you need to explain what "the sun" is first..... before you start talking to him about a tan.

he might freak out when he sees a big flaming ball in the sky. he might think its a meteor like the one that wiped out the dinosaurs.
If Korey saw a meteor hit he'd probably figure out how it could have hit faster....LOL
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #19308
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Just been working working working... then school school school!!! How about you?
Uhuh....that and blind dates with women wanting to dissect ur head...busy alright.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #19309
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nah... she just wanted to eat people brains. LMAO
Old 07-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #19310
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Nah... she just wanted to eat people brains. LMAO
Oh...it was like that??? LMAO
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #19311
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLMW VQ View Post
thanks buddy!

fyi im coming for you on sat. at harbor, new setup its fast!
yes koreys setups are always fast but you still have to drive.

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #19312
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak

I just picked the TC up in a trade. threw electronics in it and nearly tq with no practice or setup. Car is good but why are the ball diffs built with such cheap plastic? Why are there no alloy upgrades that can take the heat? Im not too thrilled about having my rear diff melting after 3 runs. Did i make a mistake? Can someone shoot some ideas THAT WORK!?
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #19313
Tech Master

Questions??

Could anybody tell me, how could I do to put 416 geardiff of Spec-r in Cyclone TC?

Best regards
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #19314
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaak View Post
I just picked the TC up in a trade. threw electronics in it and nearly tq with no practice or setup. Car is good but why are the ball diffs built with such cheap plastic? Why are there no alloy upgrades that can take the heat? Im not too thrilled about having my rear diff melting after 3 runs. Did i make a mistake? Can someone shoot some ideas THAT WORK!?
You did something work because the plastic diff can take some abuse. I'm thinking that you possibly may have had your diff too loose if it melted in 3 runs.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #19315
Tech Champion

I'll have to agree with Clint on this. I've been running my POM outdrives on my diff have lasted me about 3-4 months of open modified racing. POM is a type of plastic that is very durable. So 3 runs and melting seems really unreasonable unless the diff was extremely loose. The diff will heat up to a point, but not to the melting point of plastic unless something is really wrong.

I would just rebuild the diff. get some fresh diff rings, sand them down till they are flat, get some ceramic differential balls and break it in properly. The Pro Diff that comes in the Cyclone TC is easily the best diff I've ever delt with, so it shouldn't be giving you any issues.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Some us may be a little quiet for the next week as we'll be at the ROAR Paved Electric Nationals. I'll try and pop on every night and check on the thread though.

-Korey
Old 08-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #19316
Tech Addict

Thanks for the quick reply guys. But no i didnt touch the car. It went from seller to me to the track. Usually i go thru a used chassis but this one was in killer shape. Smonth diff with no barking. But thats cool i have the pro diff on order anyway. So what u all are saying is that theres nothing special or voodooed up for maximun efficiency? No tamiya, yoke or other hybrid parts?....just P0D/M and im set?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #19317
Tech Champion

Pro diff is just drop in and go. They're awesome
Old 08-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #19318
Tech Addict

Works for me! Good luck at the nats! Oh and bring back some rubber tyre speed secrets ok?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:09 AM   #19319
Tech Apprentice

I recently got a exotek hbx chassis for my cyclone tc and was wondering how people have their electronics installed and where abouts they have their battery set.

I am using a speed passion 2.0 LPF which isnt the smallest esc in the world

I have also tried flipping the belt to the other side but its very close to rubbing on my battery now , also it looks like id have to add weight to the esc side because of having to hang the lipo over the edge so much so the belt doesnt touch it

Any ideas or pictures of your installs anyone ?

Thankyou
madwestmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:32 AM   #19320
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

With my exotek I had to run the the battery on the widest setting when running a H/W or SP.. also had run the RX on top of the servo as it just wouldnt fit as the speedo and capacitor is so big.. no weight was needed with a 5000mah battery to balance or to be legal at 1425 weight limit.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwestmo View Post
I recently got a exotek hbx chassis for my cyclone tc and was wondering how people have their electronics installed and where abouts they have their battery set.

I am using a speed passion 2.0 LPF which isnt the smallest esc in the world

I have also tried flipping the belt to the other side but its very close to rubbing on my battery now , also it looks like id have to add weight to the esc side because of having to hang the lipo over the edge so much so the belt doesnt touch it

Any ideas or pictures of your installs anyone ?

Thankyou
warnos is offline   Reply With Quote