R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2010, 12:40 AM   #19171
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkikid View Post
hey guys i was wondering do pro 4 swaybars fit the cyclone?
No, they are closer.
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #19172
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,574
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Where would you guys recommend buying a complete hex screw set for the TC ? I'm having trouble finding a place on-line... also a complete bearing set would be good as well.... regular bearings, no more $90 ceramic sets for me... Thank you....
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #19173
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,730
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
Where would you guys recommend buying a complete hex screw set for the TC ? I'm having trouble finding a place on-line... also a complete bearing set would be good as well.... regular bearings, no more $90 ceramic sets for me... Thank you....
PURPLE ALUMINUM SCREWS

$7 for 25 pieces.

As for Bearings...Ebay, $10 a full set.
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #19174
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
Where would you guys recommend buying a complete hex screw set for the TC ? I'm having trouble finding a place on-line... also a complete bearing set would be good as well.... regular bearings, no more $90 ceramic sets for me... Thank you....
www.litemodz.com
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #19175
RAL
Tech Elite
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,241
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
PURPLE ALUMINUM SCREWS

$7 for 25 pieces.

As for Bearings...Ebay, $10 a full set.
Beat me to it!
RAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #19176
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8
Default

hello friends, I have a little problem with the rear differential of CYCLONE S, there is the possibility of putting the Differencial oil in CYCLONE S? My differential is always loosening.

Thx, this is my firist post.
RomuloRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #19177
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 1,063
Default

Diff oil won't work for a ball diff mate.
If it's coming loos all the time, check a few things:
1. Is the diff assembled exactly as per instructions.
2. Is the diff installed in the car the right way around.
3. Is the diff smooth when you rotate it by hand? it shouldn't be "gritty".

If all of those are OK, you may need a new diff nut.
__________________
Agama A8 Evo | GRP .21 | Spektrum | Savox

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #19178
Tech Adept
 
EJ20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomuloRJ View Post
hello friends, I have a little problem with the rear differential of CYCLONE S, there is the possibility of putting the Differencial oil in CYCLONE S? My differential is always loosening.

Thx, this is my firist post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
Diff oil won't work for a ball diff mate.
If it's coming loos all the time, check a few things:
1. Is the diff assembled exactly as per instructions.
2. Is the diff installed in the car the right way around.
3. Is the diff smooth when you rotate it by hand? it shouldn't be "gritty".

If all of those are OK, you may need a new diff nut.
Also, try put a little thread lock (blue) in the diff nut.
__________________
- HOTBODIES - AHRP -
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #19179
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,214
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
Also, try put a little thread lock (blue) in the diff nut.

Hey George, can you have Leo email me his Reedy race setup??? Please!!!

scott_859@msn.com

Thanks,
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #19180
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
Diff oil won't work for a ball diff mate.
If it's coming loos all the time, check a few things:
1. Is the diff assembled exactly as per instructions.
2. Is the diff installed in the car the right way around.
3. Is the diff smooth when you rotate it by hand? it shouldn't be "gritty".

If all of those are OK, you may need a new diff nut.
I'll check everything again. And I will use blue thread lock.

Thaks EJ20, I'm using blue thread lock now.

I'm new in Onroad, would like a basic setup for the cyclone s. I'll run into a single lane, just to practice early.

Can you help me?
RomuloRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #19181
Tech Adept
 
EJ20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Hey George, can you have Leo email me his Reedy race setup??? Please!!!

scott_859@msn.com

Thanks,
Already let him know, he should be email you shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomuloRJ View Post
I'll check everything again. And I will use blue thread lock.

Thaks EJ20, I'm using blue thread lock now.

I'm new in Onroad, would like a basic setup for the cyclone s. I'll run into a single lane, just to practice early.

Can you help me?
Anytime, let us know if you have any questions!
__________________
- HOTBODIES - AHRP -
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #19182
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Forward me Leo's set up Scotty! And your set up. Sounds like your cars good until screws start falling out

Michael_taft_owen@yahoo.com
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #19183
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,214
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
Already let him know, he should be email you shortly!
Thanks, I got it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Forward me Leo's set up Scotty! And your set up. Sounds like your cars good until screws start falling out

Michael_taft_owen@yahoo.com
Leo sent his setup to you also. As for mine, I will get that to you later this week, I'm in Fresno for work this week.
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #19184
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Leo sent his setup to you also. As for mine, I will get that to you later this week, I'm in Fresno for work this week.
Yea, I got that email. Funny his set-up is closer to what I started at Reedy then what I ended with.
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #19185
Tech Master
 
trx450racer174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moreno Valley,CA
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys i looked all over and could not find an answer or pics about flipping the belts and drivetrain on a Exotek chassis ,maybe i was not wording it right for the search but i came up empty.

I am thinking about doing this but was wondering what is involved besides cutting a relief spot for the belts under the toe blocks????
Does anything need to be done with the rear diff also as far as the diff screw itself???
Any help is appreciated.

Erik
__________________
E.K.D. RC Paint Work
Team Serpent USA, Desoto Racing , Team DE Racing, Team Hitec, Team Trakpower, Futaba, Team AKA, TrackstarRC.
trx450racer174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net