Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Teddy
I use this for my PRO4 and they are very good.(just a little heavy)
No problem even with one-way or spool.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/Upl...s/stc4-50b.jpg
just wanted to let you know that pro4 bones wont work with the cyc. its a bit too long
Old 11-18-2005, 04:25 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Default Wheel nuts on the TIR CVDS for cyclone

Originally Posted by BerNardLee
I dared not to try out yet. will it damage the treads

I think it produced in UK.

Hi all, The axles on the CVDS for the cyclone have been manufactured not to come loose. This is unfortunately a problem with running spools (we have seen many undo over the period of a race), so we actually increased the nominal size of the thread to "GRIP" the wheel nut a little better than standard. The wheel nuts will not damage the threads on the axles as they are made only to grip a little better. Dont worry if they feel tight, simply do them up. If anyone has problems or unsure please feel free to mail me [email protected] for any help or advice...

Hope this helps.....

Kind regards

Darren
TIR
Old 11-18-2005, 04:36 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Darren,

Do you have the Titanium Ball Stud Set for the Cyclone in stock yet? I am eager to get one as I find the stock ball studs a little brittle (I've snapped 2 on the servo saver).
Old 11-18-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
just wanted to let you know that pro4 bones wont work with the cyc. its a bit too long
Only if someone uses a pro4 spool will the pro4 bones be ok.Otherwise very very long...
Old 11-18-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skill
Hi Darren,

Do you have the Titanium Ball Stud Set for the Cyclone in stock yet? I am eager to get one as I find the stock ball studs a little brittle (I've snapped 2 on the servo saver).
didn't know that they also offer titanium ball studs, i thought they only got a screw set for the cyclone (and their great CVDs and spools, of course )
Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

I'm pretty sure they do, although I've never seen them available on their website. I emailed them a few weeks back now and they said they were waiting for them to come in...
Old 11-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

New arrive Shooters Cyclone parts

Kenon Hobby www.rcKenon.com
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-shb001.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-shb002.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-shb003.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-shb004.jpg  
Old 11-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

wow that has to be some strong carbon for the shocks not to skip holes in a impact.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i have been try my cyclone it really handling better but one thing i cannot ignore is althought alum bulk head and other staff look great but if get in into hard clash will bend all alum parts like my case my cyclone lost control last few day ago upper deck & chassis break, alum bulk head front bent until rear the only thing not bent is motor mount and carbon fiber middle brace. i spend almost 250USD to buy new stuff.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fjm9898
wow that has to be some strong carbon for the shocks not to skip holes in a impact.
This design has been proven on gas cars so I don't think there's too much to worry about.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Got my Cyclone. Built, put a pro4 diff and CVD's in the front to run foam, ran a few packs of practice. Very satisfied, but needs just one more day to get it set up. I need a locked center pulley then it will be perfect
Old 11-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

marc..
I knew it wouldn't be long before you got one....
now go kick some buttie at the track...
Old 11-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aurra Sing
Got my Cyclone. Built, put a pro4 diff and CVD's in the front to run foam, ran a few packs of practice. Very satisfied, but needs just one more day to get it set up. I need a locked center pulley then it will be perfect

How did the Pro4 diff possibly fit? Did you place shims along with it?
Old 11-19-2005, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
i have been try my cyclone it really handling better but one thing i cannot ignore is althought alum bulk head and other staff look great but if get in into hard clash will bend all alum parts like my case my cyclone lost control last few day ago upper deck & chassis break, alum bulk head front bent until rear the only thing not bent is motor mount and carbon fiber middle brace. i spend almost 250USD to buy new stuff.
well at least i'm not the only one having this kind of problem
Old 11-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
I have no clue of what you're getting yourself into. I have crashed a lot and it has been the most durable car I have owned so far. The only things I have broken are front knuckles and arms as well as bending my dogbones slightly. Now I have the TIR parts in the front and a p-dub bumper to protect them as the stock bumber is a little narrow. I actually used the one from the TC3 since it is wider than the Pro4, drilled new holes and shaved a little foam off to fit and it works perfect. I have had no problems since. Breaking your chassis???? Bulk heads bent??????? WOW!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.