R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #18796
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Yes, it might sounds odd, but actually both are correct i believe.

Lowering the roll center by lowering the suspension blocks let the car have more roll easier, This will generate more traction overall. However in some situation, raising up the roll center generates more traction too. Because of the rigidity effect for the roll, suspension gives more pressure to each tire and it sometimes gives better traction no matter how the suspension works.

They both are just different ways or theory i think?

Hi, Hiro...do you have picture that shows how much material needs to be removed from the FF suspension block to use it in place of the stock FR suspension block?

Thanks,

Oliver
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #18797
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Yes they are 2 mm. I'm not sure where I got 2.5 from .....

Another question, which Exotec chassis are you using, the one with the carbon battery 'fingers' or the one with the steel fingers ? The reason I ask is that I just got the carbon finger chassis and find that it is way more soft then the steel finger one. Its still 2mm but narrower and has more cut outs .... kinda a bummin' about that as I thought the original was a little soft.

Thanks for your time.
I have the chassis plate that comes with the carbon fiber cups. I put steel cups on it though. I'm not sure, but I think all future runs of the chassis will be like the "newer" one that you have.

-Korey
Old 03-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #18798
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
I figured I'd post up my setup from this weekend from our big carpet race. Enjoy!!!
Quote:
I have the chassis plate that comes with the carbon fiber cups. I put steel cups on it though. I'm not sure, but I think all future runs of the chassis will be like the "newer" one that you have.

-Korey

I think I understand why you went with the full top deck and rear deck.
Thanks again.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #18799
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

I just noticed i did only answer this through PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMania View Post
1) why did u use older pro 4 arms? is it simply becos of the durability or becos of it being a better setup for steering?
I've went back and forth many times, always ending up with the old arms, look at pics of Stockers car and youll see he use them too

2) I notice u used standard hex at front, while ure using both FF and FR blocks at 1.5. Tat means ure running wider width at front compared to ur rear. Does this gives u better cornering since its larger track in Poland? If smaller track, will u stil use wider front or narrower front for better steering and reaction?
I dont have any thin hexes yet, so i havent tried them. Since steering is sufficient anyway i dont think i need them but ill try them

3) Lastly, are u using the pro 4 UJ which is slightly longer to accomodate the longer width when using the FF n FR blocks mod?
I use the standard TC axles, the axles are still pretty deep in the outdrives
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:32 AM   #18800
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks Tommy!
RockyMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:49 AM   #18801
Tech Initiate

Iím sure this has been asked and answered before however with a thread as huge as this I donít really have the time to go through it in its entirety.

I have recently got into RC racing and bought myself a second hand cyclone moore edition which I run in our local clubís 17.5t class. Iím using a Losi excelorin motor which is comparatively heavier than a lot of other motors on the market which means there is a fairly large imbalance of weight in the car. Iíve stuck the car on 4 matching scales and after a bit of fiddling I can make it balance left/right but I need the lipo sticking beyond the edge of the chassis, my question is are there any lipo holders that I can employ to position the lipo correctly?

Iíve seen the exotech chassis but its out of my price range at the moment as Iíve just spent a small fortune getting everything I need to start racing. I notice you can purchase the CF battery cups separately will they fit on a standard cyclone chassis with some drilling? Failing that are there any parts for other cars that I can use to achieve the same result?

Thanks in advance for any help!
gazmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #18802
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazmond View Post
Iím sure this has been asked and answered before however with a thread as huge as this I donít really have the time to go through it in its entirety.

I have recently got into RC racing and bought myself a second hand cyclone moore edition which I run in our local clubís 17.5t class. Iím using a Losi excelorin motor which is comparatively heavier than a lot of other motors on the market which means there is a fairly large imbalance of weight in the car. Iíve stuck the car on 4 matching scales and after a bit of fiddling I can make it balance left/right but I need the lipo sticking beyond the edge of the chassis, my question is are there any lipo holders that I can employ to position the lipo correctly?

Iíve seen the exotech chassis but its out of my price range at the moment as Iíve just spent a small fortune getting everything I need to start racing. I notice you can purchase the CF battery cups separately will they fit on a standard cyclone chassis with some drilling? Failing that are there any parts for other cars that I can use to achieve the same result?

Thanks in advance for any help!
http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html
Old 03-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #18803
Tech Initiate

Thanks but ouch at the postage to UK

If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to post
gazmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #18804
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
Hi, Hiro...do you have picture that shows how much material needs to be removed from the FF suspension block to use it in place of the stock FR suspension block?

Thanks,

Oliver
Hi Oliver,

i don't have any pictures at this moment, but i can take some later and post it. BTW, i thought Tommy posted a picture of the mod before?
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #18805
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Bergfeldt View Post

Picture tommy posted about 10 pages back
Old 03-20-2010, 05:28 AM   #18806
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Im currently struggling to get my Cyclone TC to handle the way i would like it too...

I have been using Andy Moore's 2008 IIC setup but with the following things changed..

HPI gold springs front and HPI Silver on rear
30wt Losi oil all round
Only top deck cut (std middle deck still)
Plastic arms used to try to get more grip

I always struggle to get grip no matter which track i race at , my diff has been rebuilt loads of times and is smooth but not slipping , I run 13.5T rubber TC class , I have always used Sorex 24 tyres as this is what everyone seems to use at club with tyre warmers but NO additive is allowed , I have been told the carpet is quite low grip as its quite old but its also never had additive on it and its relayed each week (not a permanant track)

The only way i have been able to get grip is using Schumacher Carpet Dragon tyres, These provide so much grip that i wonder why everyone uses slicks at all, I find i cant go as quick as the guys on slicks so i am hoping to use slicks too if only i could get some grip

As a relative beginner to TC im not really smooth yet with the steering and find it hard to be with the steering so twitchy, The back end seems to step out on corner exit from what i can tell, Is the problem the front end ?

Any advice on what i can do to change this would be a great help

Thanks !

Last edited by madwestmo; 03-20-2010 at 07:25 AM.
madwestmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #18807
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny123 View Post
Picture tommy posted about 10 pages back
Thanks, Johnny.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #18808
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Quote:

-Korey
Korey or Hiro,

Can you post a mod setup for outdoor asphalt? I'm going to shake down my TC tomorrow and am looking for a starting setup.

-James
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #18809
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesArluck View Post
Korey or Hiro,

Can you post a mod setup for outdoor asphalt? I'm going to shake down my TC tomorrow and am looking for a starting setup.

-James
You coming out to Speedworld? Hit Scotty up for a set up. He modified Barry's KO set up and his car was pretty fast last time out. We'll be running it tomorrow.....Did you do the chassis mod????

Last edited by STLNLST; 03-20-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: CAUSE I CAN!!!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #18810
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
You coming out to Speedworld? Hit Scotty up for a set up. He modified Barry's KO set up and his car was pretty fast last time out. We'll be running it tomorrow.....Did you do the chassis mod????
Consider yourself notified. One more serving of Kick @ss coming your way tomorrow.

Yes, I will kick a man while he is down.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote