Old 03-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks but ouch at the postage to UK

If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to post
Old 03-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Hi, Hiro...do you have picture that shows how much material needs to be removed from the FF suspension block to use it in place of the stock FR suspension block?

Thanks,

Oliver
Hi Oliver,

i don't have any pictures at this moment, but i can take some later and post it. BTW, i thought Tommy posted a picture of the mod before?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tommy Bergfeldt

Picture tommy posted about 10 pages back
Old 03-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Im currently struggling to get my Cyclone TC to handle the way i would like it too...

I have been using Andy Moore's 2008 IIC setup but with the following things changed..

HPI gold springs front and HPI Silver on rear
30wt Losi oil all round
Only top deck cut (std middle deck still)
Plastic arms used to try to get more grip

I always struggle to get grip no matter which track i race at , my diff has been rebuilt loads of times and is smooth but not slipping , I run 13.5T rubber TC class , I have always used Sorex 24 tyres as this is what everyone seems to use at club with tyre warmers but NO additive is allowed , I have been told the carpet is quite low grip as its quite old but its also never had additive on it and its relayed each week (not a permanant track)

The only way i have been able to get grip is using Schumacher Carpet Dragon tyres, These provide so much grip that i wonder why everyone uses slicks at all, I find i cant go as quick as the guys on slicks so i am hoping to use slicks too if only i could get some grip

As a relative beginner to TC im not really smooth yet with the steering and find it hard to be with the steering so twitchy, The back end seems to step out on corner exit from what i can tell, Is the problem the front end ?

Any advice on what i can do to change this would be a great help

Thanks !

Last edited by madwestmo; 03-20-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonny123
Picture tommy posted about 10 pages back
Thanks, Johnny.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I have the chassis plate that comes with the carbon fiber cups. I put steel cups on it though. I'm not sure, but I think all future runs of the chassis will be like the "newer" one that you have.

-Korey
Korey or Hiro,

Can you post a mod setup for outdoor asphalt? I'm going to shake down my TC tomorrow and am looking for a starting setup.

-James
Old 03-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
Korey or Hiro,

Can you post a mod setup for outdoor asphalt? I'm going to shake down my TC tomorrow and am looking for a starting setup.

-James
You coming out to Speedworld? Hit Scotty up for a set up. He modified Barry's KO set up and his car was pretty fast last time out. We'll be running it tomorrow.....Did you do the chassis mod????

Last edited by STLNLST; 03-20-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: CAUSE I CAN!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
You coming out to Speedworld? Hit Scotty up for a set up. He modified Barry's KO set up and his car was pretty fast last time out. We'll be running it tomorrow.....Did you do the chassis mod????
Consider yourself notified. One more serving of Kick @ss coming your way tomorrow.

Yes, I will kick a man while he is down.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
Korey or Hiro,

-James
Hi James,

I know it is already very known setup but i still think this would be the best one to start with. I'm glad that you drive a cyclone tc now.
Attached Files
Old 03-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default swap:

Hi, I have a Cyclone brushless motor mount set which I don'nt use. Its in as new condition.

I am looking to swap for TC rear upper bulkheads/ Alloy shock mounts(ball stud)/ 1 or 1.5 degree toe block. I've also got 2.5 degree and 3 degree toe blocks as well which I would swap of include

Open to any offers before I end up putting them on e-bay.

cheers,

Mi
Old 03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

RCS, I have never been there. But it is in Thailand... And a lot of the changes I see on Hara's car are to tone it down so he doesn't overheat the tires. That's why he's running such thick shock oil, and the shocks are layed way down, and other changes. His TITC setup is better suited for a high grip track, in extremely hot weather, with a pretty flowing layout.

-Korey
Hi Korey,

(1) The topic about "cooking" the tires came up at the weekend practice day.
I realised I did not fully understand the logic behind this.
If the shocks are laid way down:
-- The wheel rate is reduced ("softer"), but on the other hand,
-- The shock is not working as much

(2) So, why does laying the shocks down (a lot) reduce tire heating (at a TITC like track) ??

Thanks in advance
Old 03-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have a good setup for running foam tires on medium grip/bumpy asphalt?

If not, then if I take a setup for medium grip asphalt on rubber tires, what changes should I make due to running foams? Stiffer springs?
Old 03-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hi James,

I know it is already very known setup but i still think this would be the best one to start with. I'm glad that you drive a cyclone tc now.
In Hara's setup... With the shims that have been used on the front and rear hinge pin and rear wheels.. what affect does this have.. its like the wheels have been moved back and there is less play in the front hinge and there is more play in the rear of the car..

Anyone know what this does to the car??

Thanks
Old 03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

korey how is the exotek chassis?
what are the differences between the stock tc chassis and exotek?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

had a blast with the tc today at hobbytown. thanks hiro and mark for helping me set it up

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.