R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #18151
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,094
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.branth View Post
Korey, can you confrim this is for rubber tyres? just its the first Time I ve seen white springs used with rubbers?

Cheers,

Michael
That is for High Grip Carpet (black groove on the track ). Jaco blue rubber tires are the spec tire we have to use. At my local track, 1/12 has been getting REALLY popular, so they lay down a really nice groove with the foam tires. Plus we use Paragon, so it builds up traction really fast.

-Korey
__________________
Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - Sweep - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #18152
Tech Elite
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,316
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Hi,
Need someone to confirm 2 questions:

1) Which arms are heavier?
2) Which arms are stronger?

HPI Pro4: Part# 73506


HB TC: Part# 67717
__________________
Awesomatix USA||Roche RC USA||Sanwa
san. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #18153
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer View Post
Purchased a Cyclone WCE a few weeks ago, just got it back home and fitted all the electronics.

What have you guys done with regards to securing stick packs?

Any pics or advice much appreciated.



Cheers
Mark
Hi Mark,

If you mean lipo's I used to just use tape with the standard chassis , now I have exotek I have made some 'l' shaped brackets to wrap around the pack.




It its stick packs I suppose you would just have to make something similar

hope that helps,

mi
michael.branth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #18154
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
That is for High Grip Carpet (black groove on the track ). Jaco blue rubber tires are the spec tire we have to use. At my local track, 1/12 has been getting REALLY popular, so they lay down a really nice groove with the foam tires. Plus we use Paragon, so it builds up traction really fast.

-Korey
thanks Korey,

I also noticed the spacing on the role bars, what effect does this have? I am on a tight budget so making a roll bar change with spacer is very handy!!

thanks again,

mi
michael.branth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #18155
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,094
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by san. View Post
Hi,
Need someone to confirm 2 questions:

1) Which arms are heavier?
2) Which arms are stronger?

HPI Pro4: Part# 73506


HB TC: Part# 67717
Pro 4 arms are heavier AND more durable. The new Cyclone TC arms are lighter and have more shock mounting positions. They are a little more brittle though...

-Korey
__________________
Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - Sweep - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #18156
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,094
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.branth View Post
thanks Korey,

I also noticed the spacing on the role bars, what effect does this have? I am on a tight budget so making a roll bar change with spacer is very handy!!

thanks again,

mi
Basically when you use a larger gap on the swaybar links, it makes the swaybar angle up more. To me on the track, it makes it feel like it is more progressive and softer when you have a larger gap. When the swaybar is angled up more, the suspension won't actually flex the swaybar quite as much, so it's going to feel a little softer for more of the suspension travel, then get stiffer later on.

When that gap is smaller, it makes the swaybar very flat. This makes it so when the suspension travels, it flexes the swaybar sooner, and more overall. This makes it feel stiffer generally.

I use this to fine tune the swaybar a bit. It works out pretty good

-Korey
__________________
Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - Sweep - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #18157
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Hello Korey I have to ask two questions: I noticed in your setup (and also on that of Baker for tarmac) for carpet there is less thickness than the rear camber link on the front because the choice?
And the aluminum front spindle (# 67698) harm than good especially the third hole?

Thanks

Agno
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #18158
Tech Adept
 
gixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.branth View Post
Hi Mark,

If you mean lipo's I used to just use tape with the standard chassis , now I have exotek I have made some 'l' shaped brackets to wrap around the pack.




It its stick packs I suppose you would just have to make something similar

hope that helps,

mi
Hi Michael,

I'm using tape now, but the tape holes in the chassis line up in the the middle of the batteries, this is where the power leads come out.

So i can't seem to get a good solid fix.

Do HB make some sort of battery clamp?
I've checked the option and spares list but couldn't find anything.

Another question as well please.
As i bought my chassis secondhand some parts are extra and others are missing.
The front to rear belt tensioner is missing, i've driven the car for 20 mins and there is no sign of belt slippage yet, but should i order a belt tensioner for when the belt gets a little older and stretched?






Cheers
Mark
__________________
HB Cyclone (WCE Exotek) x 2, Pro3 (Penguin chassis), Pro4, M-04M (Eunos Roadster)
Losi MRC, Axial XR-10
ERevo Erbe, HPI Firestorm (Nitro), Blitz,
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #18159
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,094
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Hello Korey I have to ask two questions: I noticed in your setup (and also on that of Baker for tarmac) for carpet there is less thickness than the rear camber link on the front because the choice?
And the aluminum front spindle (# 67698) harm than good especially the third hole?

Thanks

Agno
I like using fewer shims on the camber link up front when using the wider suspension blocks. Otherwise, I'd run 2-3mm when using the standard suspension blocks.

The aluminum front spindles are actually a nice upgrade if you are having durability issues with the front spindles. As an added bonus, they give a different Ackerman adjustment hole specifically for very very high grip tracks. I like to use it when running on foam tires on carpet.

-Korey
__________________
Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - Sweep - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #18160
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
I like using fewer shims on the camber link up front when using the wider suspension blocks. Otherwise, I'd run 2-3mm when using the standard suspension blocks.

The aluminum front spindles are actually a nice upgrade if you are having durability issues with the front spindles. As an added bonus, they give a different Ackerman adjustment hole specifically for very very high grip tracks. I like to use it when running on foam tires on carpet.

-Korey
Thank you Korey

Agno
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #18161
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer View Post
Hi Michael,

I'm using tape now, but the tape holes in the chassis line up in the the middle of the batteries, this is where the power leads come out.

So i can't seem to get a good solid fix.

Do HB make some sort of battery clamp?
I've checked the option and spares list but couldn't find anything.

Another question as well please.
As i bought my chassis secondhand some parts are extra and others are missing.
The front to rear belt tensioner is missing, i've driven the car for 20 mins and there is no sign of belt slippage yet, but should i order a belt tensioner for when the belt gets a little older and stretched?






Cheers
Mark
Hi Mark, you could always look into a replacement chassis as mine came with Lugs to hold LiPo in the car you can find them easily on the 3Racing website or most good HK websites.



Cheers
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #18162
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer View Post
Hi Michael,

I'm using tape now, but the tape holes in the chassis line up in the the middle of the batteries, this is where the power leads come out.

So i can't seem to get a good solid fix.

Do HB make some sort of battery clamp?
I've checked the option and spares list but couldn't find anything.

Another question as well please.
As i bought my chassis secondhand some parts are extra and others are missing.
The front to rear belt tensioner is missing, i've driven the car for 20 mins and there is no sign of belt slippage yet, but should i order a belt tensioner for when the belt gets a little older and stretched?






Cheers
Mark
If you are interested ... I use TOP system for lipo.


http://yfrog.com/e7immag041j
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #18163
Tech Elite
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,316
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

I use carbon fiber "L" tabs and the PPD EZ-Lipo plate.

Thanks Korey for your reply.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies Cyclone-img00043-20100105-2200.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-img00044-20100105-2200.jpg  
__________________
Awesomatix USA||Roche RC USA||Sanwa
san. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:31 AM   #18164
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Pasadena Ca. U.S.A
Posts: 771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
If you are interested ... I use TOP system for lipo.


http://yfrog.com/e7immag041j
I also use the same system. It makes it easy if you use the same make of battery all the time. If you change make of batteries all the time you may have to keep checking the balance of your car as different makes of batteries are different weights.

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:40 AM   #18165
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker View Post
I also use the same system. It makes it easy if you use the same make of battery all the time. If you change make of batteries all the time you may have to keep checking the balance of your car as different makes of batteries are different weights.

Barry
For batteries of different weights have provided extra weights easy to assemble, also useful for balancing the weight between front and rear.

http://yfrog.com/0dimmag046rj
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R

Last edited by AGNO; 01-07-2010 at 03:22 AM.
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net