R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #18091
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hi there,

1) wat bodyshell did hara use at the Futaba Cup recently at thailand? anyone mind to also share a lil about his car setup?

2) ive read about barry's modified FR toe block to widen the distance between the arm hinge to prevent roll and hence to use softer springs. Just curious to ask could this be also achievable simply by using a thicker antiroll bar (i.e. the black one) instead of modifying the FR toe block?

Thnks in advance
RockyMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #18092
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You could try a thicker swaybar, it should feel somewhat similar. I think the 1.6mm swaybar up front makes the car too lazy though. It also doesn't let the suspension work quite as well in the bumps that way. So the wider hinge pin setup is usually better.

-Korey
Old 12-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #18093
Tech Adept

He ran LTC-R lightweight body. His car setup has always been very soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMania View Post
hi there,

1) wat bodyshell did hara use at the Futaba Cup recently at thailand? anyone mind to also share a lil about his car setup?

Thnks in advance
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #18094
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what do you guys use to balance the wight of your car? lipo plates o just lead weights? my problem is when I would set my ride height and all the rituals involve, then after all that stuff I would set it on my MIP tweak station , it would be way( bubble) of specially towards where the battery is, considering I have already balance the car with Pb weights. need advice.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #18095
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae View Post
what do you guys use to balance the wight of your car? lipo plates o just lead weights? my problem is when I would set my ride height and all the rituals involve, then after all that stuff I would set it on my MIP tweak station , it would be way( bubble) of specially towards where the battery is, considering I have already balance the car with Pb weights. need advice.
You could possibly have a bent hinge pin or bulk head if it's that far off. Also try loosening the screws on the top deck and bottom of the bulk heads and reset them. I have been using a PPD plate and it takes 99% of any tweak out of the chassis. One thing I did see on one of my old chassis was that it no longer would sit flat when it was set on a flat surface. It had a slight rock to it possibly from the crashes I had. (SHUT UP SCOTTY) Your shock collars should also be about the same height after the tweak and ride height is set assuming there isn't any bent or tweak parts.

Stay tuned for Korey to respond if I missed anything. He is to HB what spell check is to email
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #18096
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
You could possibly have a bent hinge pin or bulk head if it's that far off. Also try loosening the screws on the top deck and bottom of the bulk heads and reset them. I have been using a PPD plate and it takes 99% of any tweak out of the chassis. One thing I did see on one of my old chassis was that it no longer would sit flat when it was set on a flat surface. It had a slight rock to it possibly from the crashes I had. (SHUT UP SCOTTY) Your shock collars should also be about the same height after the tweak and ride height is set assuming there isn't any bent or tweak parts.

Stay tuned for Korey to respond if I missed anything. He is to HB what spell check is to email
I'll ck my chassis, collat is about the same when I set my ride height but not after setting on tweak station. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #18097
Tech Master

will the cyclone s ( 3racing version) work with the black ed. cyclone?
Old 12-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #18098
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae View Post
will the cyclone s ( 3racing version) work with the black ed. cyclone?
what do you mean? all the chassis 'mount' points between the "S", non-TC, and TC cyclones all match-up -- so all the parts are interchangable from chassis to chassis
Old 12-28-2009, 04:45 AM   #18099
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
what do you mean? all the chassis 'mount' points between the "S", non-TC, and TC cyclones all match-up -- so all the parts are interchangable from chassis to chassis

well the reason for being that is, if you go to rcmarket ; 3racing chassis for cyclone is for s version only and besides that I only had this car for less than a week which I don't know anything about> thanks for the info.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #18100
Tech Regular

News on the new HB Car?
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #18101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default cyclone tc vs xray t3

most if the guys where I live run the new xray. a few sold off their HodBod rides and jumped to the t3. my question for you guys on this thread....can you compare and contrast the TC vs the T3? Personally I like the look of the TC better and for sure it's significantly less expensive than the Xray. How do you guys think the two cars compare in terms of on-track performance. where I live the guys all run on rubber tires. sometimes on indoor asphalt, and sometimes on carpet. before I decide which way to go, your input would be appreciated. At this point I'm leaning towards the TC, but I'm trying to undestand why so many guys are willing to pay so much more for the T3.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #18102
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
News on the new HB Car?
i want to know too...if you tard to give news i will jump on the photon :/
CoCoLapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #18103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
...At this point I'm leaning towards the TC, but I'm trying to undestand why so many guys are willing to pay so much more for the T3.
For the average and club racer, it's a "status thing". It's like brag'n that you drive a Benz or Beamer. My TC is coming right behind an Xray sponsored driver and my buddy's Xray who's been into RC's since he was a teen. I started racing Foam TC 4 weeks ago and took 3rd this past Saturday. Granted there were only 8 drivers, but not bad knowing I was the rookie in the crowd.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #18104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

The 2 year old TC(?), is still competitive IMO. Barry Baker just took 1st in Mod and 13.5 at the KO Propo Grand Prix, with Xray's Paul Lemieux taking 2nd with his T3.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #18105
Tech Regular

I have a TC, and 100% satisfied!!!
mine was just a question...
...just curious...
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote