R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #17881
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

anybody have feedback on the Murdiego and how it compares to all the other popular TC bodies?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #17882
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kriiiss

is it just me or is the cyclone sagging or leaning on one side?

my front body posts are equal length and when my body is on...my body looks crooked and it is

is there a way to fix this?
kriiiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #17883
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey guys just thought i'd update on our australian nationals held yesterday. it was a cyclone 1 and 2 in stock 17.5. I took tq but my other mate got me in the third final to give him the win and me second. The difference was he was running no tyre additive. My bad. But we were the fastest on the track all weekend with matching best laps of 18.9. No one else got into the 18 second bracket!! Oh also he has the tc and i have the original black so goes to show both are very fast just require different settings!!
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #17884
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPH View Post
anybody have feedback on the Murdiego and how it compares to all the other popular TC bodies?
will try to have my body ready by saturday to try it out at the club race. if not, ill have it by dec 5.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:11 AM   #17885
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
The older style of chassis plates were still 2.5mm. They have smaller cell slot, and diff cut outs. They also have a slightly different material of carbon fiber as well.

The TC chassis plate is a little softer up front, but stiffer through the middle and rear of the chassis. The older style chassis plates are stiffer up front, but a little softer in the middle and rear.

Lately I've been running an older style chassis (fits my weight plate better ), but they require a different top deck setup. I run the TC topdeck cut where the belt tensioner is, or the older style upper deck. With the TC chassis, I run the TC top deck uncut. Each of those combos are similar in feel. I usually always run an FRP mid plate that is uncut. I find the car works in a wider range of conditions this way.

-Korey
Haha ok, ive never actually measured on of the older chassis plates because ive always just assumed they were 2mm but oh well. I prefer the feel of the TC chassis anyway.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #17886
Tech Rookie

@jr007 Here is a foam asphault setup that worked very well, 13.5 med traction track .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cyclone_Steve_setup.pdf (396.8 KB, 204 views)
masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #17887
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RE View Post
Are there any other steering knuckles that can be modded to fit? I am just getting into carpet racing after 11 years of off-road, I have been borrowing a cyclone from Kendall Bennett, owner of amainhobbies. I have not driven any other cars, but I have tweaked the cyclone to a point where I really like it and would like to stay with the cyclone, I just want to make her more durable. I broke nothing on the first outing, but yesterday I broke 3 knuckles, a c-hub, and a cv bone. I am going to buy more knuckles when they come back in stock and build up a web of shoo-goo in the area that they always break, is anyone else doing this? Any other ideas? Thanks
try Xray T2 knuckles with a .025" shim to fit in the C hub
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=XRA302252

or get a Parma T2 bumper
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=PAR8053
dstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #17888
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Or use the older style parts which dont have graphite in them. From the S or the Hara/ Moore edition.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #17889
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is anyone running the Exotek HBX chassis on their cyclone..? What do you think of it..?

Not Sponsored by:
Viper | Tekin | Trinity | Serpent | Durango | Gravity RC | Pro-Line | Radiopost
SNIPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #17890
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
hey guys just thought i'd update on our australian nationals held yesterday. it was a cyclone 1 and 2 in stock 17.5. I took tq but my other mate got me in the third final to give him the win and me second. The difference was he was running no tyre additive. My bad. But we were the fastest on the track all weekend with matching best laps of 18.9. No one else got into the 18 second bracket!! Oh also he has the tc and i have the original black so goes to show both are very fast just require different settings!!
Great job! I have been running my Cyclone S in RCGT and 17.5 and it is always at the top 3. My TC/Moorespeed is already a proven car. The Cylone platform is just a great all around car.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #17891
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Great work! Were you running the TeamWave speedo? If so, how did it compare against the other timing advance guys (Tekin, LRP, etc)? Thanks.
WatchOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #17892
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the exotek lipo chassis? If so, how does it compare to the Cyclone TC chassis?
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #17893
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:

Word on the street is the winner was running an Exotek HBX lipo chassis?

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #17894
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPR View Post
Is anyone running the Exotek HBX chassis on their cyclone..? What do you think of it..?
i have it, but haven't been on the track with it yet I'll post something up after this weekend

I will be running it on carpet
Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #17895
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kriiiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriiiss View Post
is it just me or is the cyclone sagging or leaning on one side?

my front body posts are equal length and when my body is on...my body looks crooked and it is

is there a way to fix this?
anyone?
kriiiss is offline   Reply With Quote