Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default re: spool chatter

I lube the pins on the driveshaft quite a lot, keep them clean, and rebuild the CVDs often, and I do not experience any chatter.

EDIT: oops, I thought this was the Pro4 thread.. but should be the same once I pick up my HB around Christmas time can't wait
Old 11-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Buyer Beware

my cyclone should be here on Monday....
Old 11-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
my cyclone should be here on Monday....
that's great...Have fun building it... should take you approx. 3hr.45min.23sec. to build... not including chassis prep.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
that's great...Have fun building it... should take you approx. 3hr.45min.23sec. to build... not including chassis prep.
WOW!
you know the precise time it will take....any ideas on which motor,esc,servo,body,etc to get for this car?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
WOW!
you know the precise time it will take....any ideas on which motor,esc,servo,body,etc to get for this car?
same electronics that's on my car...
Old 11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Buyer Beware

same electronics that's on my car...
hehehehehehehe
Old 11-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I have a question:

My friend snapped 4diffscrews from his pro4, anybody also has this problem?The diffs are very smooth not tighten to much and when he hits something not hard its finished.Somebody nows what the problem can be?
Old 11-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

I know someone who had a Pro 4 who broke about 5 diff screws in the space of about 4 months. Personally I've been racing with the Pro 4 and now Cyclone for over a year and a half and have never broken one [touch wood].
Old 11-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, I have only ever broken one, and that was because I had the diff done up silly tight cause the grip on the track was so high. Under normal conditions I have never broken one. I know quite a few people who have Pro 4's who have not had problems though. Try replacing all the other diff components at the same time as the nut next time as there may be another bit that is faulty or built incorrectly. Jonathan
Old 11-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jonny69
Hi, I have only ever broken one, and that was because I had the diff done up silly tight cause the grip on the track was so high. Under normal conditions I have never broken one. I know quite a few people who have Pro 4's who have not had problems though. Try replacing all the other diff components at the same time as the nut next time as there may be another bit that is faulty or built incorrectly. Jonathan
some one plse tell me when the diff coming out for cyclone so i can run carpet thxs
Old 11-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

i just finished building mine for thrust bearing i used the TC4 one works perfect the hotbodies/hpi was out of stock and i just bought 2 bearings instead of one and 2 spacers .
Old 11-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default page

on page 12 on the the cyclone manual at the top of the page ware the misprint is about the spur gear and the pulleys is page 31 the correct way it should go toughter can any one help thanks brett
Old 11-07-2005, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aurra Sing
I lube the pins on the driveshaft quite a lot, keep them clean, and rebuild the CVDs often, and I do not experience any chatter.

EDIT: oops, I thought this was the Pro4 thread.. but should be the same once I pick up my HB around Christmas time can't wait
Go do your homework Aurra!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:38 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

so to reduce the chatter I need to widen the pin slot on the spool...and also install the RDX or Xray pin plastic pin blades...?
No, I would not advise widening the pin slot. Blades do not stop chatter..
Chatter will only be observed in reality when the wheels are free floating on the bench.

When on the track the actual inertia in the car will be sufficient to combat the observed chatter - there of course still remains oscillation variations but it does have a negligible effect on the cars overall performance. The result of the increased vibrations will really only manifest themselves in premature wear, slight understeer and slightly reduced corner speeds but equally this has to be offset against the cost and reliablity of proper constant velocity joints for RC cars.

No matter what car you drive the most important factor in getting the most out of the car is to concentrate on making sure that the transmission is as clean and free running as possible and for that matter as light as possible. Binding belts, sloppy joints, poorly fitting A arms etc will have a more detrimental effect on the cars overall performance than the oscillation problem. Then of course there is the fact that we need to make sure we hit the right lines at all times. These will cost us seconds per lap - oscillations will cost us 000's of a second...
Old 11-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey does anyone runing cyclone with front spool and middle one way? if i using this setting will it be possible to used break too??? so what you guys normally tighten the rear diff will it be loosen or tighten it very tight using front spool in order to get good handling?? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.