R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-16-2009, 03:41 AM   #17356
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jarkkom

Does anyone have the setups from the IIC?

Also if someone has straight rear bulkheads lying around please send to me..
Old 09-16-2009, 04:31 AM   #17357
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Well it's 2am, and I've finally finished a long drawn out search to figure out what the heck was tweaking my car so bad lately. I've noticed there was a tweak in mt car and no matter how many times I loosened all the bulkhead screws and tighten them back up, the car still had a twist.

As a result of my displeasure, I took apart the car entirely and slowly built it back up. Checking each piece of a sheet of glass to check to bent or tweaked parts. There were a few bulkheads in question, but that wasn't the case. It was a screw!!!! The screw itself was bent from some impact a long time ago. The bent screw was stressing the suspension block so much that it tweaked the chassis.

After that was figured out the overall tweak in the chassis was much better... Yet there was still a small amount left. I now loosened the servo mounts up and re tightened them down carefully. BINGO no more tweak.

I know this may seem kind of stupid of me to write this, but these are often very overlooked factors when maintaining your car. I try to tear my car down completely every month of racing. to check for bent bulkheads and whatnot.

-Korey
Its good to hear these war stories.
I'm sure it will help others diagnose like problems downstream.

Cheers
"I'm either retired or unemployed, depending on when the money runs out !" > AERCCC_#25 > LargeOutdoorAsphaltTrack > CycloneTC + TekinRS_HWXerun_ESCs + Duo2_17.5 + SMC_Fantom_LiPos + BLS551 + MX3FG + TC1030 + MM >> =======TRACK_VIEW_FROM_SPACE========> http://www.nearmap.com/?q=@-34.857766,138.560313&ll=-34.857766,138.560313&z=19&t=h&nmd=20100614
cosmo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:30 AM   #17358
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Schumacher diff grease is BY FAR the best diff grease I've ever used. It doesn't break down anywhere near as fast as others, so it gives very consistent diff action throughout the run. Plus it's like a wax... it doesn't fling off, so it last for a long time inbetween rebuilds as well.

-Korey
I've said this for years and no one would listen to me. Maybe if I was as fast as you people would listen

Quote:
Well it's 2am, and I've finally finished a long drawn out search to figure out what the heck was tweaking my car so bad lately. I've noticed there was a tweak in mt car and no matter how many times I loosened all the bulkhead screws and tighten them back up, the car still had a twist.

As a result of my displeasure, I took apart the car entirely and slowly built it back up. Checking each piece of a sheet of glass to check to bent or tweaked parts. There were a few bulkheads in question, but that wasn't the case. It was a screw!!!! The screw itself was bent from some impact a long time ago. The bent screw was stressing the suspension block so much that it tweaked the chassis.

After that was figured out the overall tweak in the chassis was much better... Yet there was still a small amount left. I now loosened the servo mounts up and re tightened them down carefully. BINGO no more tweak.

I know this may seem kind of stupid of me to write this, but these are often very overlooked factors when maintaining your car. I try to tear my car down completely every month of racing. to check for bent bulkheads and whatnot.

-Korey

You might have finished earlier if I didn't keep texting you
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:36 AM   #17359
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

BENT SCREWS!!!!!!!!! gotta check mine then... car is off slightly. thanks for the tips... sorry for the war story!!

Arv.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #17360
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Well, i think im proud to say that my Cyclone S is a pretty darn good car. I won the A with it 2 weeks ago in Stock 17.5 and had no problems with speed at GLARC this weekend(140+' straight). If i had a fully charged battery, i would have been in the top 3. Im using the plastic shocks as well as the dogbones. It has less adjustments than my Moorespeed Cyclone, but im enjoying the face that im actually winning with it against cars 2-3 times as much. Great product Hotbodies/HPI!
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:30 AM   #17361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

hey charlie got a setup sheet i can pass over to Chris Torley so he can put it on his Cyclone S?

glad to hear you're doing good with it. Stock 17.5? This means i coulda faced you outside of RCGT or do i got it wrong? hehe.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:14 AM   #17362
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
hey charlie got a setup sheet i can pass over to Chris Torley so he can put it on his Cyclone S?

glad to hear you're doing good with it. Stock 17.5? This means i coulda faced you outside of RCGT or do i got it wrong? hehe.
Yes, this was outside RCGT...and man..the car just gets better and better as i run it. I think my Moorespeed is getting lonely.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:27 AM   #17363
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Anybody using a ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 30C hardcase pack battery pack in their cyclone s? I would like to make sure it will fit before I order three of them. I haven't received my cyclone yet so I can't take measurements.

The battery measures 137x45x23mm.

Also, anyone try a Turnigy 5000mAh 2S 30C Lipo Pack by any chance? It measurements a little longer. It measures 143 x 49 x 16mm.

Last edited by lowcel; 09-17-2009 at 07:51 AM.
lowcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #17364
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone know if 416's driveshafts and axle could fit right into Cyclone TC? I found these DCJ for 416.

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/cv-uni...16-p-3368.html
billythekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #17365
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to joey

hotbodies makes them already...

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=475&id=8509
Old 09-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #17366
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey View Post
They are always out of stock.
billythekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #17367
Tech Regular

i am considering getting a the cyclone but have some questions as the last time i raced the losi xxx-s was what i raced... does anything need to be done to run lipo packs and if so what packs can i run? what breaks and what spares to buy? Also if there is anything that is needed to get the car ready for rubber carpet racing let me know.
jiggamacdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #17368
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

selling my brand new cyclone tc

new cyclone tc/extras
Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #17369
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

IIC 13.5 Carpet setup...Car was very easy to drive and worked great. Wish I would have finished a little better, but sometimes that is how it goes. My Mod car was very close to this setup. If anyone wants It I can post the mod setup as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies Cyclone-cyclone-iic09.jpg  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #17370
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggamacdaddy View Post
i am considering getting a the cyclone but have some questions as the last time i raced the losi xxx-s was what i raced... does anything need to be done to run lipo packs and if so what packs can i run? what breaks and what spares to buy? Also if there is anything that is needed to get the car ready for rubber carpet racing let me know.
Some of the lower profile lipos fit no problem, like the TP 3200, SMC 4100, Orion 3800, 5200. As for the larger profile lipos you can mill or just dremal the bottom of the middle right bulkhead were it goes over the battery or you can get the new lipo topdeck with new middle right bulkhead...

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=67695&lang=en

The Cyclone TC will work great out of the box for rubber carpet racing. As for spares I would get steering knuckles, castor blocks and I would suggest getting the original cyclone front arms to replace the TC arms as the TC arms are not a strong as the original ones plus I hear they give you more steering.

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=73506&lang=en
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote