Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

are you running foams with a spool?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Spools can work on foam tires... but they are REALLY hard to drive. I remember we experimented with that a few times when I ran for Corally. Chris Tosolini has done it on several occasions... Parts wear out really fast, and the car is pretty wierd to drive.

BTW, if anyone needs a solid foam tire setup, PM me. I have a few that work pretty well.

-Korey
Old 09-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Turbo-
Just waiting for the rest of my front diff parts to come in for the IIC race. The car has not seen any drivetime yet any I hope I'm not in for any surpirses. I already noticed that all the pro 53 wheels I got rub on the rear shock eyelets. So, there's gonna be a couple of things I'm sure I got to get worked out.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Spools can work on foam tires... but they are REALLY hard to drive. I remember we experimented with that a few times when I ran for Corally. Chris Tosolini has done it on several occasions... Parts wear out really fast, and the car is pretty wierd to drive.

BTW, if anyone needs a solid foam tire setup, PM me. I have a few that work pretty well.

-Korey
Watch out on the open PM invites
Old 09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I must not be as popular anymore. The PM's have slowed down
Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

haha ill send you a PM just to keep you busy
Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Now that everyone is talking about foam here is my Asphalt set-up. I've been working on it for the past 2 months and seem to endup where I started. I haven't tryed any of the option parts but I can't seem to desire anything more out of the car. It has a great amount of stearing but will not loose the rear end. The car just feels like it rotates so well that I don't need to try any option parts. Let me know what you think or if you see anthing that I should try.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-pir-starting-point.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

lower the front roll center instead of 2mm to 1mm??
Old 09-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys you don't have to get the dcj drive shafts. i don't have any chatter at all with my worlds edition mip cvd's. But i also have shortened the wheel base at front. I do this for 2 reasons!! 1st reason is to move weight over the front of the car ( i also adjust rear spacers so that they are all in front giving it some wheel base back and shifting more weight forward). 2nd reason is to eliminate excess chatter. when you do this you create a small angle which means when the inside wheel is hard over there is less angle on it and a bit more on the outside creating less chatter. Now this is my theory for most cars but with the mip cvd's i have no chatter at all. but i never run over 90% steering lock as i don't beleive you need it. But from i didn't have chatter at 100% either!! Just some food for thought and i recommend to try! as i would not pay 70 when i can run the losi ones for 35 a pair and get rebuild parts. sorry hb!!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Hi guys
Not new to TC racing, but new to hot bodies cars.....i've been offered a Cyclone TC, black aluminum edition...which if it's in good condition i'll be taking it. just wondering what the differences are between the black aluminum and the current car ?

any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-02-2009, 04:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcracer1958
Hi guys
Not new to TC racing, but new to hot bodies cars.....i've been offered a Cyclone TC, black aluminum edition...which if it's in good condition i'll be taking it. just wondering what the differences are between the black aluminum and the current car ?

any help would be greatly appreciated
I don't think there is anything different but the 16T pully. I like the look of the black car the best!

As as far as the wheel chatter. It is dut to the cvd's being locked out all the way until the start to bind up. Thats what causes it. Extreme wheel lock in turns is the problem. It's like that in a lot of cars. The old sedan I das had it so bad, the whhel would LOCK up totaly stopped...

Last edited by Kazzamoto; 09-02-2009 at 04:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-02-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
Now that everyone is talking about foam here is my Asphalt set-up. I've been working on it for the past 2 months and seem to endup where I started. I haven't tryed any of the option parts but I can't seem to desire anything more out of the car. It has a great amount of stearing but will not loose the rear end. The car just feels like it rotates so well that I don't need to try any option parts. Let me know what you think or if you see anthing that I should try.
Rear toe isn't marked.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
I don't get your droop note? it sounds like you are measuring sag instead of droop?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by balistic
I don't get your droop note? it sounds like you are measuring sag instead of droop?
I'm pretty sure he meant for the droop to have 3mm more up travel over the ride height.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
I'm pretty sure he meant for the droop to have 3mm more up travel over the ride height.
That's what I think too but that is called sag. I don't see how to measure that consistantly as unloading the car the tire contact patch would unload and change the measured diameter.

I measure droop with the wheels off and ride height with them on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.