R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #17236
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Lol guys , anyway ; thanks for the help about the weight guys , great tips , and by the way , good to see again the people that helped me a while ago , they know who they are as i was a i kept asking them question .
Again , thanks alot
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #17237
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Yes you can use the diffs from the TC in the older cars and the arms as well. What type of carpet racing will you be racing.....foam or rubber tire's?
Foam.
Detroitlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #17238
Tech Adept
 
tomracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
Hi Cosmo,

No problem at all, sorry its taken so long for me to reply...

Here is a pic of how I have cut the topdecks and a base setup sheet for asphalt which I usually work from.

I will be testing with Andy M from Friday-Sunday at Snetterton Park track in the UK as it is the venue for the next UK national. I will post the setup I end up on if you like, as it is low-medium grip and could also be a good setup to work from.

Hope this helps,

Phil.
phil,

how did the racing in snetterton go?
learn anything new there?

when i look at your top deck cut i seem to think it is more flex then the one andy moore ran. last time i tried a cut top deck was a std topdeck cut where the belt tensioner is. i found this to be slower then the full std deck and the full tc deck. but perhaps grip levels are different for it to work less well?

is that track right on the doorstep of the real snetterton race circuit actually?
__________________
Tom van den Brink
--------------------------
RC Crewchief - setup software for racers
tomracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #17239
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Hi again , i have balanced my car side to side and done what ive been told , but just a question of curiousity , to get to the minimum weight limit , iv'e added a strip of 60 gr to the outside of my lipo , its not sticking out of the chassis but i did it like this because on the motor side , the server is just on the edge of the chassis , same for the receiver and esc and motor is sticking , so i did it so it would be equal both side , but i was wondering if i should take the 60 gr off and put it on the chassis behind and in front of the lipo pack , will it make the CG ( center of ... ) higher or not , or is it best to get a lipo weight tray to make the CG lower . by the way , i had to trim 1.5 mm of the bulkhead , so would a tray fit ?

Thanks to everyone in advance .
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #17240
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomracing View Post
phil,

how did the racing in snetterton go?
learn anything new there?

when i look at your top deck cut i seem to think it is more flex then the one andy moore ran. last time i tried a cut top deck was a std topdeck cut where the belt tensioner is. i found this to be slower then the full std deck and the full tc deck. but perhaps grip levels are different for it to work less well?

is that track right on the doorstep of the real snetterton race circuit actually?
Do you mean the GP real circuit ? If yes , yea , snetterton RC track is right on the doorstep of the real race circuit . I went to the national to
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #17241
Tech Elite
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Hi again , i have balanced my car side to side and done what ive been told , but just a question of curiousity , to get to the minimum weight limit , iv'e added a strip of 60 gr to the outside of my lipo , its not sticking out of the chassis but i did it like this because on the motor side , the server is just on the edge of the chassis , same for the receiver and esc and motor is sticking , so i did it so it would be equal both side , but i was wondering if i should take the 60 gr off and put it on the chassis behind and in front of the lipo pack , will it make the CG ( center of ... ) higher or not , or is it best to get a lipo weight tray to make the CG lower . by the way , i had to trim 1.5 mm of the bulkhead , so would a tray fit ?

Thanks to everyone in advance .
A lower CG is always better but you should try to equal the other side of the chassis. I would say to use the lipo tray and then stack the extra weights infront and behind the battery.
__________________
Pound It Paints - http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/270707-pound-paints-raymond-ramirez.html
RC Reveled - http://www.teamrcr.net
POUNDITRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #17242
Tech Elite
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

This is the first HB body that I have painted. Think the boss will be happy?
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies Cyclone-0823090939.jpg  
__________________
Pound It Paints - http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/270707-pound-paints-raymond-ramirez.html
RC Reveled - http://www.teamrcr.net
POUNDITRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #17243
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
A lower CG is always better but you should try to equal the other side of the chassis. I would say to use the lipo tray and then stack the extra weights infront and behind the battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
This is the first HB body that I have painted. Think the boss will be happy?
Thanks for the reply , but how tall is a lipo tray , because as i said , i trimmed 1.5 mmof the bulkhead to make the lipo fit , so im concerned that the lipo will hit the bulkhead as the lipo tray will increase the height , wouldn't it ?
By the way , i really like the body , if you painted it yourself , its real good looking .
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #17244
Tech Elite
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Thanks for the reply , but how tall is a lipo tray , because as i said , i trimmed 1.5 mmof the bulkhead to make the lipo fit , so im concerned that the lipo will hit the bulkhead as the lipo tray will increase the height , wouldn't it ?
By the way , i really like the body , if you painted it yourself , its real good looking .
Well there are a feu different kinds of lipo trays out there and they have differentd weights and dimensions. They are even made if different materals. I don't currently have one but I have a few locals that like the Nexus racing ones. Look them up. Thanks o the complaments. I do custom bodies for about 30 people. Thanks again.
__________________
Pound It Paints - http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/270707-pound-paints-raymond-ramirez.html
RC Reveled - http://www.teamrcr.net
POUNDITRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #17245
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
Well there are a feu different kinds of lipo trays out there and they have differentd weights and dimensions. They are even made if different materals. I don't currently have one but I have a few locals that like the Nexus racing ones. Look them up. Thanks o the complaments. I do custom bodies for about 30 people. Thanks again.
Great , thanks for the help , il check them out , and yes , snetterton rc track is right in the doorstep of the real circuit ( GP circuit ) .
Thanks .
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:27 AM   #17246
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitlion View Post
Foam.
The pro spec diffs should work just fine for you on foam tire's The new arms will also be a tuning aid because of the different shock location holes on the arms.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:41 AM   #17247
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default HB Cyclone TC for sale

Cyclone TC up for sale

HB Cyclone TC ran 3 times
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #17248
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 459
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Anyone got a photo of Andy Moore's cyclone at BRCA Snetterton?
billythekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #17249
Tech Adept
 
Phil C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuneaton, England
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomracing View Post
phil,

how did the racing in snetterton go?
learn anything new there?

when i look at your top deck cut i seem to think it is more flex then the one andy moore ran. last time i tried a cut top deck was a std topdeck cut where the belt tensioner is. i found this to be slower then the full std deck and the full tc deck. but perhaps grip levels are different for it to work less well?

is that track right on the doorstep of the real snetterton race circuit actually?
Hi Tom,

The BRCA national at Snetteton went ok, we had the most number of cars in the main (3). Andy Moore finished 2nd, Ben Cosgrove finished 5th and I finished 8th.

I personally wasn't very happy with the setup I ended up on as it was super aggresive which made it difficult to be consistant. Tyre strategies really came into play as well!

I ended up running my car with the 1 piece topdeck, but tried a std car in one of the finals and have a feeling with some setup work it would have been better lol. I would recommend trying the cut topdecks in lower grip conditions and sticking with the std ones when the grip is medium/high.

As others have said the RC track is on the same site as the full size circuit yes .
__________________
| Team XRAY UK | HUDY | RC DisCo| LRP | Sanwa | SMD | Moorespeed | MB Models | Gingapaint | McLaren Racing |
Phil C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #17250
Tech Rookie
 
Andy_F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Midlands, UK.
Posts: 2
Default

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I used to race quite a lot around 5 years ago, then dropped out of the hobby to take up real car racing (drifting). I've since been gaining interest back in RC, to the point now where I'm really enthusiastic and I'm dying to take it up again. After a lot of research, I've got my heart set on a Cyclone. I was all set to buy a TC at next payday, but I've recently just located a brand new Hara edition for sale. I'm now confused about what to do. Both cars have their positives and negatives for me from what I can see, but I still can't decide. Which logically would you guys say the better car is on paper? Can anyone with experience give me an insight into the best choice? I'm currently thinking of buying the Hara now (being discontinued and all), then maybe picking up a TC later when I can afford it. What would you reccomend?

Also (off topic of Cyclones, sorry) I've still got a lot of my old gear, including a Novak TC Cyclone 2, and an LRP IPC V7.1, which were pretty much the best speedo's available back when I was active. Obviously these only work with brushed motors. At the very least I'll have to buy myself a new motor (along with a new set of batteries, but thats a different story) but would I be handicapping myself by not getting a brushless setup? Is there much difference between a brushed motor and an equivilant brushless? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm hopelessly out of date with all this stuff now. Starting to pick it all up again slowly though. Thanks very much for any replies guys.
Andy_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:26 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net