R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #16606
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That is correct. The wheelbase was pretty short up front.

Tire treatment was something I didn't quite nail down. I don't have a ton of experience on asphalt compared to some others. I was cleaning with buggy grip, then baking the tires at 60 deg C for 30 min, letting it cool for 10-15 min, then cleaning with buggy grip again.

I had a problem with the car being REALLY fast at the beginning, then faded off after a few minutes. From talking to others after the race, warming the tires for a shorter period of time would have probably cured that problem. But who knows, I never got around to trying it. I figured letting the tires cool completely would prevent that, but I guess I might have been wrong.

-Korey
Old 06-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #16607
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post

Tire treatment was something I didn't quite nail down. I don't have a ton of experience on asphalt compared to some others. I was cleaning with buggy grip, then baking the tires at 60 deg C for 30 min, letting it cool for 10-15 min, then cleaning with buggy grip again.

I had a problem with the car being REALLY fast at the beginning, then faded off after a few minutes. From talking to others after the race, warming the tires for a shorter period of time would have probably cured that problem. But who knows, I never got around to trying it. I figured letting the tires cool completely would prevent that, but I guess I might have been wrong.

-Korey
Did you just admit to being wrong
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #16608
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Did you just admit to being wrong
Once I thought I was wrong but really I was mistaken
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:55 AM   #16609
Tech Addict

Default shock leak

hi guys! i hope someone can help me out. my shocks keeps on leaking from the upper cap. any tips on how to solve this problem???? i've already added shims but still the same problem. will changing the shock cap solve the problem? thanks.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:53 AM   #16610
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post

-Korey
Thanks!
dannybcaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #16611
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys while everybody was thinking about spool options i'll give you another!! It's called a slipper spool!! just get the associated tc5 slipper pads and build a ball diff but replace the metal plates with these pads. they fit perfectly and you get minimal wear on your plastic cup pieces that go on the end of the dogbone!! as a bonus you don't destroy parts when you glance a wall and you can loosen to a point of not slipping and you get a lot of sttering more than the delrin cup outdrives and it is smoother through the corners
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #16612
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any of you HB drivers interested in a nearly new Cyclone TC which has only driven on carpet 3 batteries with pretty much hopup parts en pretty much spares. PM me for pics
Old 06-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #16613
Tech Initiate

Does anybody here know if the new cyclone parts will fit on the old cyclone? I am missing a few parts from my cyclone when I bought the kit.
mrcoleminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #16614
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz View Post
hi guys! i hope someone can help me out. my shocks keeps on leaking from the upper cap. any tips on how to solve this problem???? i've already added shims but still the same problem. will changing the shock cap solve the problem? thanks.
Check the bladder's. My front shocks kept leaking from the cap too, even after I added a washer. I found it was a small hole in the bladder it self.
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #16615
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoleminer View Post
Does anybody here know if the new cyclone parts will fit on the old cyclone? I am missing a few parts from my cyclone when I bought the kit.
Yes, most of the parts are the same. The newer TC use's newer arms, swaybar mounts, chassis & top deck, rear diff and upper bulkheads.

Bearings, castor blocks, knuckles, rear hubs, lower bulkheads are all the same design.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #16616
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Check the bladder's. My front shocks kept leaking from the cap too, even after I added a washer. I found it was a small hole in the bladder it self.
thanks, does this happen even with new bladders? i've just replaced the bladder last week.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #16617
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Yes, most of the parts are the same. The newer TC use's newer arms, swaybar mounts, chassis & top deck, rear diff and upper bulkheads.

Bearings, castor blocks, knuckles, rear hubs, lower bulkheads are all the same design.
Sweet thanks, know I can finish my first on road car! when i bought the car i was missing 3 items. Do any of u have a basic carpet set up I could use? iam going to be racing carpet on road there at oc rc raceway.
mrcoleminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #16618
Tech Master

Quote:
thanks, does this happen even with new bladders? i've just replaced the bladder last week.
Don't know, mine were the the originals from the kit.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #16619
Tech Master

Quote:
they can tear on install on every shock brand with this style bladder, you don't need the grip of death to hold shocks together. they just need to be hand tight and not leak.

http://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #16620
Tech Champion

Hey everyone,

Well... I know I'm not supposed to do this, but I'm going to give a shot anyway. I have a Futaba 3PKS with FASST and two receivers that I'm trying to get rid of. If anyone is interested please PM me for price and pics. Gotta make room for my new Ko Stuff!!!

-Korey