R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2009, 06:43 AM   #16441
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

i know this a stupid question... but just wanted to ask if the new POM diff from the TC can handle 4.0 mod? running rubber tires on med grip asphalt

Thanks!
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:54 AM   #16442
Tech Master
 
YLLIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: California
Posts: 1,709
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPH View Post
i know this a stupid question... but just wanted to ask if the new POM diff from the TC can handle 4.0 mod? running rubber tires on med grip asphalt

Thanks!
yes, with no problems. Just make sure you use the outer ring supports. Those will support the diff from spreading out and breaking.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 AM   #16443
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
yes, with no problems. Just make sure you use the outer ring supports. Those will support the diff from spreading out and breaking.

will do! thanks!
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:36 AM   #16444
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
hey charlie is this ur tracks setup
Hey Korey, Looking at this setup sheet can you tell me which holes ( 1,2,3,4) you used on your camber links. Inner Front and Inner rear and Rear Hub. Also, does the TC come with 1 degree rear hubs or 0 degree hubs. And which one did you use for your reedy setup.
thanks again.
dannybcaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 AM   #16445
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 83
Default

Scratch that. I see thats the older setup sheet. On the TC setup sheet would it be 1 or 2 on the front and rear inner links. And the inner hole on the rear hubs.?

Last edited by dannybcaitlyn; 05-31-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: error
dannybcaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:19 AM   #16446
Tech Adept
 
EJ20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn View Post
Scratch that. I see thats the older setup sheet. On the TC setup sheet would it be 1 or 2 on the front and rear inner links. And the inner hole on the rear hubs.?
He used the longest camber links position at the front and the rear on his TC.

Last edited by EJ20; 05-31-2009 at 11:10 AM.
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:04 PM   #16447
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,950
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Am I gonna have to get Whoopass to come here now?
Bring it
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #16448
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,115
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html

Here's the link to Kevin's website. He makes nice stuff, and at a reasonable price as well. Sounds like there is more and more interest in a Cyclone TC specific plate, so maybe he'll make one. You guys just need to tell him you want one, and actually buy it!!!

If you do some searching around on his website, he also produces a tweak plate that I use regularly. It's great for making sure your car is completely flat and tweak free.

For camber links, it's position 2 on the cyclone TC upper bulkheads. I used the "inner" hole on the rear hub. Basically box stock camber link setup, except the shims under the pivots. I tried position 1 (short) but it wasn't that great. The car would turn in super hard, then get a really bad push through the longer corners. The longer link setup we typically use was much better overall because it was more stable, and produced more mid-exit steering.

-Korey
__________________
Seido Speed Works - Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #16449
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,950
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html

Here's the link to Kevin's website. He makes nice stuff, and at a reasonable price as well. Sounds like there is more and more interest in a Cyclone TC specific plate, so maybe he'll make one. You guys just need to tell him you want one, and actually buy it!!!

If you do some searching around on his website, he also produces a tweak plate that I use regularly. It's great for making sure your car is completely flat and tweak free.

For camber links, it's position 2 on the cyclone TC upper bulkheads. I used the "inner" hole on the rear hub. Basically box stock camber link setup, except the shims under the pivots. I tried position 1 (short) but it wasn't that great. The car would turn in super hard, then get a really bad push through the longer corners. The longer link setup we typically use was much better overall because it was more stable, and produced more mid-exit steering.

-Korey

I think I had the 2nd Cyclone plate ever made and the first in Sac. Kevin is a real nice guy and his stuff is top notche.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #16450
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html

Here's the link to Kevin's website. He makes nice stuff, and at a reasonable price as well. Sounds like there is more and more interest in a Cyclone TC specific plate, so maybe he'll make one. You guys just need to tell him you want one, and actually buy it!!!

If you do some searching around on his website, he also produces a tweak plate that I use regularly. It's great for making sure your car is completely flat and tweak free.

For camber links, it's position 2 on the cyclone TC upper bulkheads. I used the "inner" hole on the rear hub. Basically box stock camber link setup, except the shims under the pivots. I tried position 1 (short) but it wasn't that great. The car would turn in super hard, then get a really bad push through the longer corners. The longer link setup we typically use was much better overall because it was more stable, and produced more mid-exit steering.

-Korey
Not sure what setup to use anymore I have been trying to get my car to rotate in the 180 deg corners and it just push coming out with every setup I can find on the TC online and more, I tried my buddy car the 416 and I could not get my car the rotate or steer has his, any one with a setup for a med traction track with a lot of 180 deg corner please.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #16451
Tech Regular
 
louielou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 314
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default balancing

anyone know the right way to balance the cyclone tc left to right with a thunder power 5000 lipo pack.
__________________
Thanks
Luis

[email protected]
Ebay account LOU840
louielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #16452
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Any one know of a diff that fits the cyclone?Will an xray fit?I shattered one of my outdrives and no parts--are avail--I know the pulley count is different,but will the outdrives/diff halves work? I have a big race coming up and no one seems to have parts--
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #16453
Tech Adept
 
EJ20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramyuras View Post
Not sure what setup to use anymore I have been trying to get my car to rotate in the 180 deg corners and it just push coming out with every setup I can find on the TC online and more, I tried my buddy car the 416 and I could not get my car the rotate or steer has his, any one with a setup for a med traction track with a lot of 180 deg corner please.
If you ever try to use less ackerman spacer? I tried 0.5 spacer on ackerman and it gives more mid corner steering. Or, try the front hole on the front knuckle, it makes big difference on steering too. Hope this help!
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #16454
Tech Adept
 
EJ20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGod View Post
Any one know of a diff that fits the cyclone?Will an xray fit?I shattered one of my outdrives and no parts--are avail--I know the pulley count is different,but will the outdrives/diff halves work? I have a big race coming up and no one seems to have parts--
The Pro-spec ball diff (#67720) for Cyclone is a good one besides if you want to try other manufacturer's. It's hold up pretty good even on Mod motor with the POM outdrives. The old one is using 2mm diff screw but the Pro-spec's is 2.6mm which is a lot stronger and it comes with ceramic ball which gives a silk smooth feel.
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #16455
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
The Pro-spec ball diff (#67720) for Cyclone is a good one besides if you want to try other manufacturer's. It's hold up pretty good even on Mod motor with the POM outdrives. The old one is using 2mm diff screw but the Pro-spec's is 2.6mm which is a lot stronger and it comes with ceramic ball which gives a silk smooth feel.
Thanks for the reply; but as I said -- no parts avail till ???? all are b/o .I am asking if any other mfg. diff will fit.
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net