R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #16261
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

And as you noticed the rear of the car on most setups{possibly the ones you have too} have the same rear arm/hub spacing.Not much more then a mm either way difference.I have run the hubs/arms Short front and rear and it actually did the opposite of what I thought.It made the car push mid corner from my findings.Hey George,when are you,Johnny,Joseph and Bob gonna start racing at Norcal again?You guys are gonna be so far behind by the time you start racing locally again,that you guys will never get on the same pace Josephs on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
No, I have only been running the HB car for 3 months. I was given 3 setups sheets one from Hiro,another from Sean W., and Scott B gave me Hara's. All three setups are very close and they all work very well.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:19 AM   #16262
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
And as you noticed the rear of the car on most setups{possibly the ones you have too} have the same rear arm/hub spacing.Not much more then a mm either way difference.I have run the hubs/arms Short front and rear and it actually did the opposite of what I thought.It made the car push mid corner from my findings.Hey George,when are you,Johnny,Joseph and Bob gonna start racing at Norcal again?You guys are gonna be so far behind by the time you start racing locally again,that you guys will never get on the same pace Josephs on!
Yeap! Since I tried not to take people out at the corner like someone you mention to get the pace on!

And you are right, when I moved the rear hub forward, feel little push. IMO
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:53 AM   #16263
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
Yeap! Since I tried not to take people out at the corner like someone you mention to get the pace on!

And you are right, when I moved the rear hub forward, feel little push. IMO
Well along with lengthening the wheel base you are changing the weight balance!! with more forward weight the rear takes less time to settle in which also makes for better reactivity!! i like to shorten the front and lengthen the rear so that way i create a better bias for the weight.
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #16264
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
We are running on a short track with alot of hairpin turns. All were trying to say is try it . If it helps great.
I'm certainly gonna try it if the pro's are running that way.I'm only running the s model and only have that adjustment for the rear of the car.
airwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #16265
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default Middle One Way Pulley

Hi guys,

The car i bought came with central 18T pulley on one-way format.

I have good experience on nitro offroad but im pretty newbie in onroad electrics.

I tested the car at the track and it was nice feeling and the car is VERY agressive on turning specially off-throttle.

Now, what changes in performance i will find between same setup but using normal central 18t pulley v/s one way 18t pulley ?

BTW, this is for 13.5 brushless 6 cells nimh and rubber tires on outdoor asphalt racing.

thanks,

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085

Last edited by Tabushi; 05-14-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #16266
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
Did you ever compare the difference on the wheel base changed between either arms or hubs?
When you change the wheel base by the arm spacing, you will also have different weight transfer characteristic as well. When you shorten the wheel base by the front arm spacing, the car wants to transfer the weight to the front easier. (should create more initial steering) You will also need to make ackerman adjustment when you move front arms as it affect the ackerman.

For the wheel base change by the rear hubs, this will also affect the drive shafts sweep angle. When you move the rear hubs toward to the front, you will have more drive shaft sweep angle that will generate more forward bite. (I would say itís very similar to rear anti-squad characteristic) I think that shorten the wheel base for better rotation is good try, however sometimes you might have the car more pushing as the case may be.

I hope it helps a bit.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #16267
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks Hiro.Very concise and informative.The drive shaft sweep thing makes sense.Its the same in offroad too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
When you change the wheel base by the arm spacing, you will also have different weight transfer characteristic as well. When you shorten the wheel base by the front arm spacing, the car wants to transfer the weight to the front easier. (should create more initial steering) You will also need to make ackerman adjustment when you move front arms as it affect the ackerman.

For the wheel base change by the rear hubs, this will also affect the drive shafts sweep angle. When you move the rear hubs toward to the front, you will have more drive shaft sweep angle that will generate more forward bite. (I would say itís very similar to rear anti-squad characteristic) I think that shorten the wheel base for better rotation is good try, however sometimes you might have the car more pushing as the case may be.

I hope it helps a bit.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #16268
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post

I hope it helps a bit.
Thanks hiro great explanation
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #16269
Tech Adept

Thank you Hiro san! Hoplefully I could steal some set up from you at Reedy by time.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #16270
Tech Elite

Hey guys i am kinda new to the whole on road racing scene i bought a cyclone tc. I was wondering what all i can do to make it handle better or and hints. Im so used to racing off road for hotbodies
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #16271
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

well, already had the 'hubs' spaced back....

any other rear traction idea's?
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #16272
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=JayL;5812980]well, already had the 'hubs' spaced back....

any other rear traction idea's?[/QUO

Try 1.5* or other less than 2.5* toe block as FF (the one up front), then it would smooth out the corner instead of the stock 2.5* make it too aggressive. What's the track you run at?
Old 05-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #16273
Tech Elite

what would u say the cyclone runs better on aspalt or carpet
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #16274
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
what would u say the cyclone runs better on aspalt or carpet
with rubber tires, the cyclone runs excellent on carpet.
For foam tires, you can convert your car to foam spec use with those parts below,

#61285 3.6mm Solid Main Chassis
#61286 2.5mm Solid Upper Deck
#61289 Solid Middle Deck
#61283 Chassis Post With ATC -Adjustable Torsion Control-
#72036 Aluminum Hex Hub Clamp Type (6mm/4pcs)
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #16275
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

[QUOTE=EJ20;5813217]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
well, already had the 'hubs' spaced back....

any other rear traction idea's?[/QUO

Try 1.5* or other less than 2.5* toe block as FF (the one up front), then it would smooth out the corner instead of the stock 2.5* make it too aggressive. What's the track you run at?
Speedworld, the Reedy Race Track
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote