Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
Korey, what is the latest and greatest shock towers we should be using ? I've come up with three different part numbers and don't know what the difference is between them other then one of them is 3.5 mm thick. Front and rear.

Also what is the part number for the shock o-ring we should be using ?
Have you ever tried Tamiya o-rings ?

Thanks.
There are two sets of shock towers that have the "half-hole" adjustments. Which one you choose just depends on what you are doing, and which upper bulkhead you have on you car.

If running the upper bulkheads with 4 camber link positions that come in every kit other than the Cyclone TC, then you want to use the 61090, and 61091. If you are running on foam tires, HB offers some lowered versions so you can slam your body down more, you'll want to use 61287 and 67705. These towers are 2mm lower.

If you are running a cyclone TC, or you are running the newest upper bulkheads that only have 2 camber link positions, then you want to run 61287 and 67705. The newer upper bulkheads are 2mm taller, so you need to use the lowered shock towers to get the correct geometry. I personally run this combo.

-Korey
Old 05-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
hey superior hobbies.com hve them i bought one last week im waiting may get it tomorrow
thanks man but is out of stock :S
Old 05-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

I have a setup question. what are some things you could try to get rid of a hook. I go around the corner and when I get on the gas the car just wants to spin the way I was just turned. It is not really loose. It just wants to keep going in a circle and not straighten up. This is on asphalt.

p.s. dont let lazerguy see this
Old 05-11-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xraysteve
I have a setup question. what are some things you could try to get rid of a hook. I go around the corner and when I get on the gas the car just wants to spin the way I was just turned. It is not really loose. It just wants to keep going in a circle and not straighten up. This is on asphalt.

verify its diff not this very untied.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Well guys,

Finally ended buying for my already fully upgraded Cyclone S :

- 3Racing CF Chassis
- 3Racing CF shock towers (f/r)
- 3Racing CF Upper Deck

So, in about 2 weeks i will have a fully race ready CF Cyclone "S" ... right now i tested again my "S" tube chassis fully upgraded against couple TC5's at the track (asphalt, 13.5 brushless, nimh 6 cells, rubber tires) and im behind couple of ones and in front of another ones lol !, im a heavy chassis compared to the others, hope to get a little improvement once i install the full CF parts,

thanks for all for now guys, you have been very helpfull people !!, i have a race coming this weekend and i will attend it with tube chassis, hope to get some video of it !!, this is the track layout ! (back straight its about 60 meters long) :

cya !
Old 05-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Seems to me weight is not really an issue anymore as eveyone has to run extra anyway, unless you are not runnng Lipo.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coldn
It sounds like you need to transfer more weight to the rear of the car (barring any mechanical problems). Try letting the front end rise a little more (droop adj). This should allow more weight to the rear of the car on accelleration.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

check your shocks or maybe, ur using stiff springs and stabilizers out back.

if all these fails, check your diff.....it may be too tight. please wait 1 second(s) for an uncompressed image, or press Ctrl+F5 for original quality page
Old 05-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Does that answer your question ?

You know what Russ would say, don't you ?
Get a Cyclone ! ;-)
Old 05-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

I am running diffs front and rear. The rear diff is not too tight. I have softened up the rear a lot. I also added more front droop. I am running 17lbs springs in the front and 14lbs in the rear. It seems like the rear is to soft or not rebounding enough. Like the car rolls over in the corner and the front levels out and the rear is still leaning. Does that make any sense
Old 05-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

I am running diffs front and rear. The rear diff is not too tight. I have softened up the rear a lot. I also added more front droop. I am running 17lbs springs in the front and 14lbs in the rear. It seems like the rear is to soft or not rebounding enough. Like the car rolls over in the corner and the front levels out and the rear is still leaning. Does that make any sense
try anti-squat.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

try anti-squat.

check your shocks. there may be no more rebound.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rebuild your shocks and try a slightly lighter oil in the rear like 5 to 10 weight less!! and check your roll centres and camber links make sure your rear links are never longer than the front.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by decibels
Rebuild your shocks and try a slightly lighter oil in the rear like 5 to 10 weight less!! and check your roll centres and camber links make sure your rear links are never longer than the front.
i have never heard that before. i will check my links and shocks. thanks for all the help everyone
Old 05-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jag88
You know what Russ would say, don't you ?
Get a Cyclone ! ;-)
Yea.....Get a Cyclone You know you want one
That I know of your Xray never hooked before ?????
As you know my Cyclone hooked and the only way I could stop it then and still have good steering was to use a heavy sway bar and lighter springs on the front.
We both have changed many things, I'm not sure what I changed that stopped my hook but I don't seem to need the heavy sway bar anymore
One of the things I changed was I now have more ackerman action then I ever had before.
Guys......Could more ackerman stop an on power hook coming out of a turn????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.