R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #16021
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I can almost guarantee this will be the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Check your cvd pins....I had the same noise and it was my cvd pins...
Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #16022
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
We will have nut testing this weekend at Spedworld. I'm looking for a tenth or two I'll see what color the two fastest guys in my area are running. RACENUT/SCOTTY.....what color nuts are you guys using? This question could have gone so wrong. Good thing Advil isn't on the boards yet
WOW! Just.....WOW!

I have no feedback for you on Nuts. Sorry, you should ask _____. He should have some input for you knowing his proclivities....

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Last edited by Advil; 04-22-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: The name previously listed might get me girl slapped...LMAO!
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #16023
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (73%+)
Send a message via AIM to illz302

thanks for all the info guys ill be going through it with a fine tooth comb tonight.
illz302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #16024
Tech Apprentice

Hiya

First post here so be gentle

I have ran brushed for a long time now and ive decided on going brushless with my cyclone TC , i decided to go for 13.5t speed passion combo , but im not quite sure how to gear it at the moment

The tracks i run are a small indoor carpet track and a slightly larger outdoor asphalt track , currently i only have a 84t spur and 23t pinion with all the standard pulleys , i want to get some new gears but dont want to end up buying all the wrong ones , so im after a rough guide as to what range of spur/pinions i should get...

Also i do have the brushless motor mounts if that makes any difference

oh and also both carpet and outdoor tracks i run rubber and 7.4v 5000 lipo

Thanks for any help/advice its really appriecated because i am lost

Mark
madwestmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #16025
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looking for a HB Cyclone for sale.
4wheeldrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #16026
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwestmo View Post
Hiya

First post here so be gentle

I have ran brushed for a long time now and ive decided on going brushless with my cyclone TC , i decided to go for 13.5t speed passion combo , but im not quite sure how to gear it at the moment

The tracks i run are a small indoor carpet track and a slightly larger outdoor asphalt track , currently i only have a 84t spur and 23t pinion with all the standard pulleys , i want to get some new gears but dont want to end up buying all the wrong ones , so im after a rough guide as to what range of spur/pinions i should get...

Also i do have the brushless motor mounts if that makes any difference

oh and also both carpet and outdoor tracks i run rubber and 7.4v 5000 lipo

Thanks for any help/advice its really appriecated because i am lost

Mark
gearing will be about 4.5:1 fdr if you have spiffy esc with variable timing you will have to run a shorter gear 5.0:1 etc cheers

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #16027
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Mark ,you don't need any special motor mount the factory one works with everything. Starting at a 4.5 fdr is a good start indoor or outdoor , but i would recommend gearing by temperature of the motor ,i wouldn't go over 160 degrees. Hope this helps.
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #16028
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Rear Toe In Problem

Hi,

Does anyone know if the rear toe in problem has been fixed in the latest batch of Cyclone TC kits ??

Thanks in advance
cosmo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #16029
Tech Elite

Has anyone noticed any difference running the BL motor mount and the stock mount?Being the CG is raised ever so slightly,I was wondering if anyone saw any handling effects.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #16030
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Has anyone noticed any difference running the BL motor mount and the stock mount?Being the CG is raised ever so slightly,I was wondering if anyone saw any handling effects.
My car handled the same when I did back to back testing. I only had it on my car when I ran mod so I could run FDR around 10 or higher. When we all switched to 13.5 I left it off because I figured that the extra 2mm spacers used on the brushless mount would get on my nerves when taking off the rear plate. I might make it out to Norcal this weekend so if I do w can chop it up there. I'll run the Tamiya against you and the other local fast guys.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #16031
Tech Elite

Cool! I have both and I modded it to fit my lipo.I don't see why anyone would need it unless your running a wind that requires that high a gearing.Make sure to make it out Sunday!
Quote:
My car handled the same when I did back to back testing. I only had it on my car when I ran mod so I could run FDR around 10 or higher. When we all switched to 13.5 I left it off because I figured that the extra 2mm spacers used on the brushless mount would get on my nerves when taking off the rear plate. I might make it out to Norcal this weekend so if I do w can chop it up there. I'll run the Tamiya against you and the other local fast guys.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:08 AM   #16032
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Heheheheh....a glutton for punishment. Another beat down courtesy of the Advil for STLNLST!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #16033
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Heheheheh....a glutton for punishment. Another beat down courtesy of the Advil for STLNLST!
What are you talking about lucky boy?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #16034
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
gearing will be about 4.5:1 fdr if you have spiffy esc with variable timing you will have to run a shorter gear 5.0:1 etc cheers
thanks for the advice but do i go with a big/small spur with a big/small pinion ?

Smaller the pinion the cooler the motor will run ?

For example if i buy a 40pinion to use with my 84t spur i currently have it will bring me at about 4.5 , but wont the motor run too hot with that larger pinion ?
madwestmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #16035
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwestmo View Post
thanks for the advice but do i go with a big/small spur with a big/small pinion ?

Smaller the pinion the cooler the motor will run ?

For example if i buy a 40pinion to use with my 84t spur i currently have it will bring me at about 4.5 , but wont the motor run too hot with that larger pinion ?
um, thats a question for someone else lol. i THINK it might have a bit more punch with bigger spur and bigger pinion. ask one of the "Pro's"

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote