R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #15931
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

are the hi-traction suspension arms worth buying? say over the carbon graphite arms? double the price?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #15932
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
are the hi-traction suspension arms worth buying? say over the carbon graphite arms? double the price?
Not really... I think they flex way too much. They have some benefits on REALLY low grip surfaces, but even then I can always get the car to work good with the standard suspension arms.

-Korey
Old 04-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #15933
Tech Elite

I run on a really low grip carpet track regularly so I think I could benefit from the hi-traction arms. Thanks man.

Has anybody tried the Low friction coated shock bodies? Are they worth $30?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #15934
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have run them and they just make the car smoother. Even if you dont feel a difference every little bit will help in different conditions but if you have the money to spend it, do it because those shock bodies are awesome.
HEWITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #15935
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacabrandy View Post
Does anyone know if Hotbodies has a new car on the way?. Just thinking the TC is due for some mods with lipo and brushless.

Cheers
Aaron
how you figure?? its less than a year old and came out in the 'era' of BL and lipo
Old 04-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #15936
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Wrong the Cyclone has been out for 3-4 years in 1 variation or another,and as was mentioned by Hara at TITC,the platform is in need of refinement for it to be more Lipo friendly from the box.I hope they retain the name when they redesign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
how you figure?? its less than a year old and came out in the 'era' of BL and lipo
Old 04-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #15937
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Wrong the Cyclone has been out for 3-4 years in 1 variation or another,and as was mentioned by Hara at TITC,the platform is in need of refinement for it to be more Lipo friendly from the box.I hope they retain the name when they redesign.
i'm sorry, he said TC - so I was assuming he was referring to the TC-version of the car...
Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #15938
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ok gotta 4.5

ok i ordered and just got in a tekin 4.5/any guesses for a starting fdr for lipo,and what spur gives you the most options for gearing up or down i put a 108 witch is the bigest i can fit with the stock motor mount,i have the brushless motor mount for taller spurs,whats the tallest spur you can run with the optional brushless mount?smallest pinion i can put on the 108 is a 27t witch puts fdt @ 8.67 or lower,hhhmmmm the tallest spur i have now is a 110,seems like i need maybe a 112 or 114 so i can run bigger than a 22t and go between 8.4-11.0 fdr range.am i close guys,need to get this figured out to test next club race getting ready for reedy race,thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #15939
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My mad scientist took over last night. I am still having a hard time finding parts locally so I decided to make my own, kind of. BY the way i have an "S" but i plan on upgrading it as i can. Anyway i got some Traxxas slipper pegs and drilled out the standard front pulley and made it into a slipper spool. As much as i hit stuff i like the idea of having a little give. I dont know how well it will work but i ill let you know. Also nee to grind some flat spots on the lay shaft so i can mount up the better pulleys and spur gear mount. I guess i should have went to engineering school. I think i like to work on these things more than drive them.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #15940
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
I run on a really low grip carpet track regularly so I think I could benefit from the hi-traction arms. Thanks man.

Has anybody tried the Low friction coated shock bodies? Are they worth $30?
B18C- these are the shocks that come on the TC version car.... i think they leak too much, i measured the inner diameter of the older shocks(where the shaft rides) and the TC shocks, i cant believe the inner diameter difference is too big.... i have switched to using the orginal shocks for a while now, about 6 months, and no signs of leaking on the shock shafts like most of these complaints.....My Buddy runs the Andy Moore edition, and never complains.. but the shocks bodies are different. I'm currently running all TC internals but older shock body.... i saw a pic of HARA's car, he was using the older bodies, perhaps the WCE shocks.... you can tell because they are threaded all the way down to the bottom cap, and the TC ones dont like the pic you posted, thread all the way down... like the "LOW FRICTION" type...if your gonnna buy bodies, try the Andy moore edtions... save yourself the high maintance of the rebuilding the shocks....

I do see a trend here, most leaking complaints are on the TC version. With the excpetion of KOREY!!! he is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #15941
Tech Elite

nice man, the WCE shock bodies are the same that came on the black, surikarn, and Hara cyclones.

I'll avoid the TC shock bodies as they are unique and wicked $hitty. However these "Low friction bodies" are different than the shock bodies that came stock ont he TC.

However they look similar, so i dunno if i can take that chance!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #15942
Tech Adept

Quote:
nice man, the WCE shock bodies are the same that came on the black, surikarn, and Hara cyclones.

I'll avoid the TC shock bodies as they are unique and wicked $hitty. However these "Low friction bodies" are different than the shock bodies that came stock ont he TC.

However they look similar, so i dunno if i can take that chance!
I tried that one (Low friction bodies), they do the same thing and even WCE's with new O-ring (#6820). As I said earlier, I'm using Tamiya's gold shaft, I measure the diameter by the digital caliper, they are exactly same diameter as HB's (2.97mm). So I'm going to try Tamiya's O-ring as well and let you guys know.
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #15943
Tech Elite

are you saying your had leaking WCE shocks with the P3 #6820 O rings?

Because I used the #6820 O ring on my WCE's and never had 1 leak.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #15944
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You read it right.

Weird as I have had the TC for a bit now and have rebuilt the shocks 4-5 times trying new oil combos recently and have had no leaking issues that I need to worry about.Seepage happens to all shocks,but leaking....none yet.I have used the original TC bodies and the low frictions now.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #15945
Tech Elite

what shock bodies do you prefer? original? TC? or Low friction? What O-ring do you use with each body set?