Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ok gotta 4.5

ok i ordered and just got in a tekin 4.5/any guesses for a starting fdr for lipo,and what spur gives you the most options for gearing up or down i put a 108 witch is the bigest i can fit with the stock motor mount,i have the brushless motor mount for taller spurs,whats the tallest spur you can run with the optional brushless mount?smallest pinion i can put on the 108 is a 27t witch puts fdt @ 8.67 or lower,hhhmmmm the tallest spur i have now is a 110,seems like i need maybe a 112 or 114 so i can run bigger than a 22t and go between 8.4-11.0 fdr range.am i close guys,need to get this figured out to test next club race getting ready for reedy race,thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My mad scientist took over last night. I am still having a hard time finding parts locally so I decided to make my own, kind of. BY the way i have an "S" but i plan on upgrading it as i can. Anyway i got some Traxxas slipper pegs and drilled out the standard front pulley and made it into a slipper spool. As much as i hit stuff i like the idea of having a little give. I dont know how well it will work but i ill let you know. Also nee to grind some flat spots on the lay shaft so i can mount up the better pulleys and spur gear mount. I guess i should have went to engineering school. I think i like to work on these things more than drive them.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
I run on a really low grip carpet track regularly so I think I could benefit from the hi-traction arms. Thanks man.

Has anybody tried the Low friction coated shock bodies? Are they worth $30?
B18C- these are the shocks that come on the TC version car.... i think they leak too much, i measured the inner diameter of the older shocks(where the shaft rides) and the TC shocks, i cant believe the inner diameter difference is too big.... i have switched to using the orginal shocks for a while now, about 6 months, and no signs of leaking on the shock shafts like most of these complaints.....My Buddy runs the Andy Moore edition, and never complains.. but the shocks bodies are different. I'm currently running all TC internals but older shock body.... i saw a pic of HARA's car, he was using the older bodies, perhaps the WCE shocks.... you can tell because they are threaded all the way down to the bottom cap, and the TC ones dont like the pic you posted, thread all the way down... like the "LOW FRICTION" type...if your gonnna buy bodies, try the Andy moore edtions... save yourself the high maintance of the rebuilding the shocks....

I do see a trend here, most leaking complaints are on the TC version. With the excpetion of KOREY!!! he is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

nice man, the WCE shock bodies are the same that came on the black, surikarn, and Hara cyclones.

I'll avoid the TC shock bodies as they are unique and wicked $hitty. However these "Low friction bodies" are different than the shock bodies that came stock ont he TC.

However they look similar, so i dunno if i can take that chance!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
nice man, the WCE shock bodies are the same that came on the black, surikarn, and Hara cyclones.

I'll avoid the TC shock bodies as they are unique and wicked $hitty. However these "Low friction bodies" are different than the shock bodies that came stock ont he TC.

However they look similar, so i dunno if i can take that chance!
I tried that one (Low friction bodies), they do the same thing and even WCE's with new O-ring (#6820). As I said earlier, I'm using Tamiya's gold shaft, I measure the diameter by the digital caliper, they are exactly same diameter as HB's (2.97mm). So I'm going to try Tamiya's O-ring as well and let you guys know.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

are you saying your had leaking WCE shocks with the P3 #6820 O rings?

Because I used the #6820 O ring on my WCE's and never had 1 leak.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You read it right.

Weird as I have had the TC for a bit now and have rebuilt the shocks 4-5 times trying new oil combos recently and have had no leaking issues that I need to worry about.Seepage happens to all shocks,but leaking....none yet.I have used the original TC bodies and the low frictions now.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

what shock bodies do you prefer? original? TC? or Low friction? What O-ring do you use with each body set?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Slipper spool seems to be working. Tried in front of the house which is very abrasive blacktop and it does not slip under power, although i can turn the wheels by hand in the car. Now i just have to see how well it holds up! By the way this is the first spool i have ever run, we cant run one ways in the series e are doing for RCGT. what should i expect steering wise? I think i read it will have less turn in than a one way and a diff but more exit steering than a diff? Is this correct? Thats kind if what i have been feeling but its hard to tell with out being on the track.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default diff screw?

Will the pro-spec diff screw fit in the standard diff and if so is it stronger than the standard diff screw? I would buy a pro-spec diff, but everywhere I looked is out of stock.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc
Will the pro-spec diff screw fit in the standard diff and if so is it stronger than the standard diff screw? I would buy a pro-spec diff, but everywhere I looked is out of stock.
No, the pro-spec diff screw does not fit the 1st gen. diff.

Call Billy at Speedworld, he had 3-4 pro diffs hanging on the wall.

http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Con...tore_Hours.cfm
Old 04-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Thanks, I'll call tuesday as I see there closed on monday.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

found on the lrp.cc website ronald volker worlds setup:
http://www.lrp.cc/de/service/setup-sheets/?file=2266

but blue rear, RED front spring????
Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Looks like Volker took the German Indoor race with what everyone is assuming is the new car. Trying to find better pics, but so far only one.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

the current set up

a friend was telling me i should mess with the camber settings so i did and it improved the handling a lot using these cheap 35 shore foam tires
and this is the body i use, i don't think it's legal to use in the mod class races?

so i might have to get a legal sedan body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.