Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Cyclone TC is an awesome car, for a competitive price. As you know, Hot Bodies is a racing subdivision of HPI Racing. The Cyclone is basically the replacement for the "Pro series" cars. So of you've had those in the past, you'll be very happy with a Cyclone TC.

Artwork- Great description of how ackerman works

Cyclone Speed- The only advice I can give you about the shock leaking is to try new orings, and make sure your bladders are very clean on top of them. I've seen bladders slip off the edge of the shock body/plastic end and break the seal.

In Hara's notes about building the cyclone he actually puts a shim between the bladder and the shock body. I'm not sure of the significance of this because I have never used the shocks from the WCE car. Also add a little shock slime too the oring. That helps with creating a better seal while lubricating the oring itself. Maybe Hiro can pop on here with a tip or two as well.

If you're set on getting different shocks the Cyclone TC shocks are actually reasonably priced and have given me no problems since I've been running the car. They are extremely similar to Tamiya shocks.

-Korey
Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Woz
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hi , I have a WCE cyclone and my shocks are leaking , i build them properly then race and then i see that all the dust is attached to the tope and bottome of the shocks , i touch it and its oily . When i dismount the shocks i look at the amount of oil and i see that a litle bit of oil is gone .When i refill the shock of oil i compresse the shock and it has 100% rebound , but when i compresse it a second time , i see some oil coming out of the top , then it has only 80% rebound then i recompresse and even more oil come out , and there is only 50% rebound .
I keep getting this probleme , i thought of buying the tamiya TRF or the XRAY shocks , will they fix the probleme ?
Thanks .
Clean the shocks as if they were brand new, use brake cleaner to remove the excess oil. buy new o-rings for the bottom, and buy new shock bladders. the TRF or Cyclones are imho the best for this shock. These parts wear as they move in the shock. I build mine with no foam spacers. Make sure there are no defects in the shock shaft itself, if there is, this might be a good time to get a new set of shafts (always good to have the old ones as spares.
Rebuild the shock with the new o-rings and bladders, do not use pliers to clamp the shock shaft when putting the ball cup back on the shock shaft, this will make the shock leak as there will be an immediate defect. If built correctly you should have nice smooth shocks that will be very consistant. I clean and rebuild my shocks once a week and i've had no problems. Replace bladders probbly once every blue moon (if i see signs of leaking) and o-rings every 6 weeks or so. Remember, every time you move the piston up and down, oil will come out, only a very small ammount, but still, if you leave it long enough, there will be problems.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
In Hara's notes about building the cyclone he actually puts a shim between the bladder and the shock body. I'm not sure of the significance of this because I have never used the shocks from the WCE car. Also add a little shock slime too the oring. That helps with creating a better seal while lubricating the oring itself. Maybe Hiro can pop on here with a tip or two as well.

-Korey
I could see putting a shim between the cap and blatter to isolate the rotation of the cap from the blatter. under the blatter would cause a leak.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Increasing the ackerman effect is accomplished by moving the steering rod or link that connects to the steering rack more towards the rear of the car.
Thank you artwork ....... I can never remember witch way increases it, now it makes sense to me.
Thanks again.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The Cyclone TC is an awesome car, for a competitive price. As you know, Hot Bodies is a racing subdivision of HPI Racing. The Cyclone is basically the replacement for the "Pro series" cars. So of you've had those in the past, you'll be very happy with a Cyclone TC.

Artwork- Great description of how ackerman works

Cyclone Speed- The only advice I can give you about the shock leaking is to try new orings, and make sure your bladders are very clean on top of them. I've seen bladders slip off the edge of the shock body/plastic end and break the seal.

If you're set on getting different shocks the Cyclone TC shocks are actually reasonably priced and have given me no problems since I've been running the car. They are extremely similar to Tamiya shocks.

-Korey
Korey,

hit me up on IM asap.

- Chris
Old 03-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sweet

I'm trying to study a lot about electric components before I buy. (I used to do nitro)
But will definitely be ordering one soon

Old 03-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fluxhonda
i was going to get the hpi flux 2, but i want something more competitive on the track because i think i will be doing and entering races in the future.

so i'm leaning on towards on buying a hot bodies cyclone tc.

it reminds me of the hpi pro touring car series (pro, pro 2, pro 3).

anyways i used to be in the rc scene 5 years ago and now i'm getting back into it.

i hope this forum would be some sort of help as i get back into it and help me out with questions i have in the near future

Are you from Team Flux in Cali.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in upper deck of cyclone TC.

wy it have a 2 holes in servo safer??

Old 03-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

any one know where I can find a three piece spool for the cyclone in stock?
Old 03-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Try Stormer
Originally Posted by HEWITT
Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HEWITT
Yep TIR there spool is only 9 grams as apposed to 20grams for the multi diff which we never seem to use the NO-way anyway
Malc
Old 03-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

does the pro4 spool fit the cyclone?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

niet.
Originally Posted by yzf-r1
does the pro4 spool fit the cyclone?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

im goin to asume thats a no? lol
Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

si

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.