R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #15721
Tech Adept
 
EJ20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomracing View Post
hara's setup from the titc2009 as linked on hpi-express
the springs are silver(302) both front and rear
http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/..._tc_090222.pdf
According to the setup from TITC 2009, he used cvd instead of the new DCJ drive shaft? Any comment?
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #15722
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,137
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
According to the setup from TITC 2009, he used cvd instead of the new DCJ drive shaft? Any comment?
MIP CVD
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #15723
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Hi , I have a WCE cyclone and my shocks are leaking , i build them properly then race and then i see that all the dust is attached to the tope and bottome of the shocks , i touch it and its oily . When i dismount the shocks i look at the amount of oil and i see that a litle bit of oil is gone .When i refill the shock of oil i compresse the shock and it has 100% rebound , but when i compresse it a second time , i see some oil coming out of the top , then it has only 80% rebound then i recompresse and even more oil come out , and there is only 50% rebound .
I keep getting this probleme , i thought of buying the tamiya TRF or the XRAY shocks , will they fix the probleme ?
Thanks .
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:05 AM   #15724
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Hi , I have a WCE cyclone and my shocks are leaking , i build them properly then race and then i see that all the dust is attached to the tope and bottome of the shocks , i touch it and its oily . When i dismount the shocks i look at the amount of oil and i see that a litle bit of oil is gone .When i refill the shock of oil i compresse the shock and it has 100% rebound , but when i compresse it a second time , i see some oil coming out of the top , then it has only 80% rebound then i recompresse and even more oil come out , and there is only 50% rebound .
I keep getting this probleme , i thought of buying the tamiya TRF or the XRAY shocks , will they fix the probleme ?
Thanks .
You may want to purchase the shocks for the TC version, as these are far better, and don't leak.
Malc
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #15725
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomracing View Post
hara's setup from the titc2009 as linked on hpi-express
the springs are silver(302) both front and rear
http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/..._tc_090222.pdf
I have that setup on my car now but I've been using 4mm Ackerman spacers.......I would like to know what difference on the track I should see/feel if I change to the 2mm ackerman spacers that are used on that setup ??????
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #15726
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,059
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Guy View Post
I have that setup on my car now but I've been using 4mm Ackerman spacers.......I would like to know what difference on the track I should see/feel if I change to the 2mm ackerman spacers that are used on that setup ??????
Ackerman describes the difference in steering angle between the two front wheels. Increasing the ackerman effect is accomplished by moving the steering rod or link that connects to the steering rack more towards the rear of the car.
More ackerman makes the steering more consistent and smoother, especially at low speeds and in tight turns, by creating a bigger difference in steering angle between the two front wheels.

Less ackermann or no ackerman makes the steering more aggressive at high speeds. The car turns in more aggressively but it doesn't work well when either traction or cornering speeds are low. Not having enough ackerman can make the the steering feel unnatural.
__________________
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | Proline | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #15727
Tech Apprentice
 
fluxhonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vallejo
Posts: 56
Default

i was going to get the hpi flux 2, but i want something more competitive on the track because i think i will be doing and entering races in the future.

so i'm leaning on towards on buying a hot bodies cyclone tc.

it reminds me of the hpi pro touring car series (pro, pro 2, pro 3).

anyways i used to be in the rc scene 5 years ago and now i'm getting back into it.

i hope this forum would be some sort of help as i get back into it and help me out with questions i have in the near future
fluxhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 AM   #15728
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,083
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The Cyclone TC is an awesome car, for a competitive price. As you know, Hot Bodies is a racing subdivision of HPI Racing. The Cyclone is basically the replacement for the "Pro series" cars. So of you've had those in the past, you'll be very happy with a Cyclone TC.

Artwork- Great description of how ackerman works

Cyclone Speed- The only advice I can give you about the shock leaking is to try new orings, and make sure your bladders are very clean on top of them. I've seen bladders slip off the edge of the shock body/plastic end and break the seal.

In Hara's notes about building the cyclone he actually puts a shim between the bladder and the shock body. I'm not sure of the significance of this because I have never used the shocks from the WCE car. Also add a little shock slime too the oring. That helps with creating a better seal while lubricating the oring itself. Maybe Hiro can pop on here with a tip or two as well.

If you're set on getting different shocks the Cyclone TC shocks are actually reasonably priced and have given me no problems since I've been running the car. They are extremely similar to Tamiya shocks.

-Korey
__________________
Apex RC - Prospec America - LRP - Roche RC USA - Awesomatix USA - Protoform - AVID - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - Sweep - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #15729
Woz
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Hi , I have a WCE cyclone and my shocks are leaking , i build them properly then race and then i see that all the dust is attached to the tope and bottome of the shocks , i touch it and its oily . When i dismount the shocks i look at the amount of oil and i see that a litle bit of oil is gone .When i refill the shock of oil i compresse the shock and it has 100% rebound , but when i compresse it a second time , i see some oil coming out of the top , then it has only 80% rebound then i recompresse and even more oil come out , and there is only 50% rebound .
I keep getting this probleme , i thought of buying the tamiya TRF or the XRAY shocks , will they fix the probleme ?
Thanks .
Clean the shocks as if they were brand new, use brake cleaner to remove the excess oil. buy new o-rings for the bottom, and buy new shock bladders. the TRF or Cyclones are imho the best for this shock. These parts wear as they move in the shock. I build mine with no foam spacers. Make sure there are no defects in the shock shaft itself, if there is, this might be a good time to get a new set of shafts (always good to have the old ones as spares.
Rebuild the shock with the new o-rings and bladders, do not use pliers to clamp the shock shaft when putting the ball cup back on the shock shaft, this will make the shock leak as there will be an immediate defect. If built correctly you should have nice smooth shocks that will be very consistant. I clean and rebuild my shocks once a week and i've had no problems. Replace bladders probbly once every blue moon (if i see signs of leaking) and o-rings every 6 weeks or so. Remember, every time you move the piston up and down, oil will come out, only a very small ammount, but still, if you leave it long enough, there will be problems.

Hope this helps.
__________________
.: TrackPaint Models & Custom Bodyshells :.
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #15730
Tech Master
 
balistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Littlerock Ca.
Posts: 1,852
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
In Hara's notes about building the cyclone he actually puts a shim between the bladder and the shock body. I'm not sure of the significance of this because I have never used the shocks from the WCE car. Also add a little shock slime too the oring. That helps with creating a better seal while lubricating the oring itself. Maybe Hiro can pop on here with a tip or two as well.

-Korey
I could see putting a shim between the cap and blatter to isolate the rotation of the cap from the blatter. under the blatter would cause a leak.
balistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #15731
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Increasing the ackerman effect is accomplished by moving the steering rod or link that connects to the steering rack more towards the rear of the car.
Thank you artwork ....... I can never remember witch way increases it, now it makes sense to me.
Thanks again.
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #15732
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
The Cyclone TC is an awesome car, for a competitive price. As you know, Hot Bodies is a racing subdivision of HPI Racing. The Cyclone is basically the replacement for the "Pro series" cars. So of you've had those in the past, you'll be very happy with a Cyclone TC.

Artwork- Great description of how ackerman works

Cyclone Speed- The only advice I can give you about the shock leaking is to try new orings, and make sure your bladders are very clean on top of them. I've seen bladders slip off the edge of the shock body/plastic end and break the seal.

In Hara's notes about building the cyclone he actually puts a shim between the bladder and the shock body. I'm not sure of the significance of this because I have never used the shocks from the WCE car. Also add a little shock slime too the oring. That helps with creating a better seal while lubricating the oring itself. Maybe Hiro can pop on here with a tip or two as well.

If you're set on getting different shocks the Cyclone TC shocks are actually reasonably priced and have given me no problems since I've been running the car. They are extremely similar to Tamiya shocks.

-Korey
Korey,

hit me up on IM asap.

- Chris
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #15733
Tech Apprentice
 
fluxhonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vallejo
Posts: 56
Default

Sweet

I'm trying to study a lot about electric components before I buy. (I used to do nitro)
But will definitely be ordering one soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
The Cyclone TC is an awesome car, for a competitive price. As you know, Hot Bodies is a racing subdivision of HPI Racing. The Cyclone is basically the replacement for the "Pro series" cars. So of you've had those in the past, you'll be very happy with a Cyclone TC.
fluxhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #15734
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Twotan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxhonda View Post
i was going to get the hpi flux 2, but i want something more competitive on the track because i think i will be doing and entering races in the future.

so i'm leaning on towards on buying a hot bodies cyclone tc.

it reminds me of the hpi pro touring car series (pro, pro 2, pro 3).

anyways i used to be in the rc scene 5 years ago and now i'm getting back into it.

i hope this forum would be some sort of help as i get back into it and help me out with questions i have in the near future

Are you from Team Flux in Cali.
__________________
www.monarch-wheels.com
Magic Film's automotive car protection. Deals on the first 15 people.
Twotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #15735
Tech Adept
 
Coldn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 115
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Coldn
Default

in upper deck of cyclone TC.

wy it have a 2 holes in servo safer??

__________________
Cyclone TC - Futaba 3PM Fasst
Speed Passio GT2.0 - MMM 10.5t
Nanotech 6000mah
Coldn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:17 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net