Originally Posted by trickd122
I have the cyclone TC and I NEED help balancing the chassis. The equipment I have installed is as follows;
1. Pulse 13.5
2. LRP Comp. Sphere TC
3. 9451 futaba servo
4. Standard Airtronics receiver
5. Thunder power 40c 5000mah lipo
6. amb personal transponder
where do I need to add weights and how much?
pictures would aso be great
I'm running pretty much the same equipment in mine. Only a different 13.5 motor and a KO Receiver. I like the TP 40C, because it's only 23.5mm high, so you just have to grind a bit off the top deck mount.
I have filled the battery slots with about 5oz of weight and I run the TP 40C pack flush with the right hand edge to get even balance... it's within 5 grams of being right on, and about 10g over the 1525 limit (I'll do the same with my next chassis, but do some alum/titanium upgrades to get down to the '09 1500 ROAR limit).
Filling in the slots was the tricky bit:
- tape up the bottom of the chassis with battery tape nice and tight
- used about 2oz of tungsten power, mixed with 30 minute epoxy (produces about the same density as lead)
- in each battery slot I embedded a tungsten plate in the epoxy mixture (solid plates are 1.5 times the density of lead)
- let dry over night, and pull off tape
Here's where to get the stuff:
6-plate pack - http://maximum-velocity.com/tungstenplates.htm
tungsten power - http://maximum-velocity.com/tungstenpowder.htm
The nice part of this solution is that your weight is super low. I've been running that for 3 months on all kinds of carpet tracks, with great success.