R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #15631
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
I posted that way before the meatloaf pic was sent.

Nobody is sending you a free kit in this economy. You'll just have to be independant and "SMART" about this. Have fun keeping Jaime company in the "B".

AMEN JESUS! SPEAK BROTHA SPEAK!!!!

If you need those arms before this weekend you better set something up with me or get them from me Sat. at the track.
I haven't been in the B yet with the new car The economy may be bad but they could still send me a free kit Save those arms because you will need them after I put you into the wall Thanks to you and Hicks....I cried myself to sleep last night

HIRO are you listening????????
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #15632
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Same here, live and race in SoCal. It was just a friendly comment and joke towards STLNLST. I too like the car. No retorts to needed justify all those sponsorships hehehe. It does seem like quite a few more than 6 though. Shoot I know 3 guys just in my club sponsored by HB, and I had no trouble putting a few laps on them at the track. They are great guys though, good hobby reps in general.
I see guys in my game that say they are "sponsored by" but what does that mean? They don't show up in the factory adds?
Maybe they got a discount, maybe they know a guy who back doored a car or some parts. That still makes them posers if they claim to be sponsored.

back in the late 80s I knew a guy at a motor co. and he was into bikes too. I was pretty fast and all the sudden I had more motors than I knew what to do with. Did that mean I "sponsored" IDK? I didn't have any requirements for signage, or race schedule.
balistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #15633
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Nice...Jesse has a thick skin.He can take it.Jaime is struggling so bad right now.About 10 of us were practicing at Norcal yesterday and we were all trying to help him get his car to work.He threatened yesterday to put his brand new 415 that he got for free, away and bring out his BD because he can't make it work.Does Yokomo America take welfare cheese as payment,because if they don't Jaime is not getting a BD5 any time soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Now that Yokomo is back he's probably going to get one of those anyway. I'm going to copy and paste your comments to Jesse.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #15634
Tech Elite

I will call you today.Thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
I posted that way before the meatloaf pic was sent.

Nobody is sending you a free kit in this economy. You'll just have to be independant and "SMART" about this. Have fun keeping Jaime company in the "B".

AMEN JESUS! SPEAK BROTHA SPEAK!!!!

If you need those arms before this weekend you better set something up with me or get them from me Sat. at the track.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #15635
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Nice...Jesse has a thick skin.He can take it.Jaime is struggling so bad right now.About 10 of us were practicing at Norcal yesterday and we were all trying to help him get his car to work.He threatened yesterday to put his brand new 415 that he got for free, away and bring out his BD because he can't make it work.Does Yokomo America take welfare cheese as payment,because if they don't Jaime is not getting a BD5 any time soon.
What's he trying??? Maybe the only car he can drive is a Yokomo Did you let him wheel your cyclone?????
Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #15636
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by balistic View Post
I see guys in my game that say they are "sponsored by" but what does that mean? They don't show up in the factory adds?
Maybe they got a discount, maybe they know a guy who back doored a car or some parts. That still makes them posers if they claim to be sponsored.

back in the late 80s I knew a guy at a motor co. and he was into bikes too. I was pretty fast and all the sudden I had more motors than I knew what to do with. Did that mean I "sponsored" IDK? I didn't have any requirements for signage, or race schedule.
Bro, it really doesnt matter who is sponsored or who isnt....Its not that big of a deal....Most companies make you sign a contract before they pick you up...
King of B Main is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #15637
Tech Elite

Hell no he is not running my Cyclone!I keep telling him to quit over thinking the setup and get something from Jesse or ABR.I drove it,it was not bad,but he kept going backwards cause hes a hard head.
Quote:
What's he trying??? Maybe the only car he can drive is a Yokomo Did you let him wheel your cyclone?????
Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #15638
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Bro, it really doesnt matter who is sponsored or who isnt....Its not that big of a deal....Most companies make you sign a contract before they pick you up...
Now that I have a car to go with those tools, where are you running? I found Beltran and there others close?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #15639
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
HIRO are you listening????????

Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #15640
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #15641
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Quote:
Now that I have a car to go with those tools, where are you running? I found Beltran and there others close?
Plenty of tracks for us....You always have crystal park, I think we are running at Bending corners this weekend...Also you have the new onroad track at OCR this weekend....
King of B Main is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #15642
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Plenty of tracks for us....You always have crystal park, I think we are running at Bending corners this weekend...Also you have the new onroad track at OCR this weekend....
I don't know about bending corners or crystal park but OCRC looks like high desert, nasty bumpy parking lot across a drainage.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #15643
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Also the Ventura County Roadrunners. They just repaved, repainted and traction is very good, VERY smooth, only 2-3 bumps that are visible. Traction is only going up from what I hear. Its also a bigger track than quite a few other electric tracks in socal.

Crystal Park is mainly a nitro track.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #15644
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Also the Ventura County Roadrunners. They just repaved, repainted and traction is very good, VERY smooth, only 2-3 bumps that are visible. Traction is only going up from what I hear. Its also a bigger track than quite a few other electric tracks in socal.

Crystal Park is mainly a nitro track.
I looked at Roadrunners. my problem is I work every weekend they race until June! For sure then though.

I am going to Vegas next week for a friday night event.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #15645
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2

Quote:
I looked at Roadrunners. my problem is I work every weekend they race until June! For sure then though.

I am going to Vegas next week for a friday night event.
we're racing RC motorcycles in Vegas all next weekend as part of the NATC....
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote