R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #15616
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Keep testing.Just make sure to comfort Jaime letting him know that its ok and that because of you, he is not alone because he is running a 415 now and is in the way and in the B. I would rather pay for my sh*t and run a Cyclone,then run a blue pile of dung for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
After I sent you the pic of the killer meatloaf this is how you treat me I'll be driving my Blue friend testing a few things this weekend If HB would sponsor me and send me a free kit I'd run it again, but until that happens there will be a blue car lapping you for a while
Old 03-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #15617
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
After I sent you the pic of the killer meatloaf this is how you treat me I'll be driving my Blue friend testing a few things this weekend If HB would sponsor me and send me a free kit I'd run it again, but until that happens there will be a blue car lapping you for a while
HB seems to sponsor just about anyone in CA. If your located there it seems you should just ask and maybe your wish would be granted You don't even have to be fast.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #15618
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
HB seems to sponsor just about anyone in CA. If your located there it seems you should just ask and maybe your wish would be granted You don't even have to be fast.
For real.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #15619
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

how does one go about getting a sponsorship from HPI/HB?
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #15620
Tech Elite

In the case of many CA residents, it seems you just hang out with them or they approach you. I would go about the usual way and get to know the right people, practice and become one of the faster drivers, and prove that you act in a professional responsible manner on a day to day basis. Help all those that you can and enjoy your time. Aaron Waldron wrote a good article about how to go about obtaining a sponsorship. It's not what they can do for you, but what you can do for them and the hobby in general.

Here is A.Waldron's article:
How to Write a Race Resumé for Sponsorship
Old 03-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #15621
Tech Elite

Contact Travis Amezcua at Hotbodies through email.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #15622
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Quote:
In the case of many CA residents, it seems you just hang out with them or they approach you. I would go about the usual way and get to know the right people, practice and become one of the faster drivers, and prove that you act in a professional responsible manner on a day to day basis. Help all those that you can and enjoy your time. Aaron Waldron wrote a good article about how to go about obtaining a sponsorship. It's not what they can do for you, but what you can do for them and the hobby in general.

Here is A.Waldron's article:
How to Write a Race Resumé for Sponsorship
I live and race in SoCal and all the guys who run for HotBodies deserve to be sponsored. I think there is a total of 6 guys who are running for HB.....and then there is alot of privaters like myself who are running the car because it is fast, affordable, and HB has been doing alot in supporting are local race scene.
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #15623
Tech Elite

Same here, live and race in SoCal. It was just a friendly comment and joke towards STLNLST. I too like the car. No retorts to needed justify all those sponsorships hehehe. It does seem like quite a few more than 6 though. Shoot I know 3 guys just in my club sponsored by HB, and I had no trouble putting a few laps on them at the track. They are great guys though, good hobby reps in general.

BTW, I really want to change cars this season some time. Thinking about the HB, BD-5, S500 and Xray '09. I just need to take a LONG hard look at the HB to determine what aspects I like over the others just as I do with any chassis that I purchase. Parts isn't a big deal, I think I spent a total of $40 last year on parts for the TC5, as I rarely break. Usually replace parts from wear and tear instead.

What is the deck height if you don't mind me asking. I will be changing LIPO's as well and will want to use an undertray to add weight to keep it clean looking. This is a huge buying factor for me. I hate seeing added weight.

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 03-12-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #15624
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Well, I know the HB car you half to grind down 1/4 inch off the side mount and then a 5000 lipo will fit.

Well changing cars or teams is something I am a expert on....I have ran for many companies...

Now I choose to buy from companies who support us.... HB , orion, novak, AE, Kopropo, speedtech, fusion hobbies, etc..
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #15625
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Keep testing.Just make sure to comfort Jaime letting him know that its ok and that because of you, he is not alone because he is running a 415 now and is in the way and in the B. I would rather pay for my sh*t and run a Cyclone,then run a blue pile of dung for free.

Now that Yokomo is back he's probably going to get one of those anyway. I'm going to copy and paste your comments to Jesse.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #15626
Tech Champion

Quote:

Before they went sponsor crazy I tried to get on but they never replied. In fact I aquired about a sponsorship with them before Scotty Oh well......it's all good. At least my boy Sean is representing
Old 03-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #15627
Tech Champion

Quote:
Same here, live and race in SoCal. It was just a friendly comment and joke towards STLNLST. I too like the car. No retorts needed justify all those sponsorships hehehe. It does seem like quite a few more than 6 though. Shoot I know 3 guys just in my club sponsored by HB, and I had no trouble putting a few laps on them at the track. They are great guys though, good hobby reps in general.

BTW, I really want to change cars this season some time. Thinking about the HB, BD-5, S500 and Xray '09. I just need to take a LONG hard look at the HB to determine what aspects I like over the others just as I do with any chassis that I purchase. Parts isn't a big deal, I think I spent a total of $40 last year on parts for the TC5, as I rarely break. Usually replace parts from wear and tear instead.

What is the deck height if you don't mind me asking. I will be changing LIPO's as well and will want to use an undertray to add weight to keep it clean looking. This is a huge buying factor for me. I hate seeing added weight.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #15628
Tech Elite

Oops had to fix wording, messed this one up:
"No retorts needed TO justify all those sponsorships hehehe"

Without the "to" I sound like an arse.

King of B Main, thanks for the info on the bulkhead grinding. Korey JUST told me the same thing too. Thanks guys.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #15629
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Well, I know the HB car you half to grind down 1/4 inch off the side mount and then a 5000 lipo will fit.

Well changing cars or teams is something I am a expert on....I have ran for many companies...

Now I choose to buy from companies who support us.... HB , orion, novak, AE, Kopropo, speedtech, fusion hobbies, etc..
Quote:
King of B Main, thanks for the info on the bulkhead grinding. Korey JUST told me the same thing too. Thanks guys.
I think I only had about 2.5mm - 2.75mm milled off mine. And I'm running a Thunder power 5000 with the PPD lipo tray. It also balanced L/R with with out adding more lead, just had to add 70g to get it up to weight, which I put down the center.

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #15630
Tech Master

Quote:
I posted that way before the meatloaf pic was sent.

Nobody is sending you a free kit in this economy. You'll just have to be independant and "SMART" about this. Have fun keeping Jaime company in the "B".

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123
AMEN JESUS! SPEAK BROTHA SPEAK!!!!

If you need those arms before this weekend you better set something up with me or get them from me Sat. at the track.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote