R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #15556
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
The setups that you, Scotty and Hiro have posted have alot of similarities.I will have to check it out again.Too bad your running the Tamiya man.I drove a 415 msx mre,a 416 WCE a 415 MSX{IMO was the best of the 3 tamiyas} and have to say,the Cyclone TC was as good as the best of the 3 I have driven if not better.Dont get me wrong,I just think you gave up on the car too prematurely because of breakage.The Tamiyas are just as prone.To each there own.I dont run for HB,so I have no ties to being loyal to the brand,but you cant beat a design that is going on 4 years and its still as fast as anything else in the world.I almost dont want them to go away from the design and create a new car.
Breakage wasn't a problem. I just got tired of over seas orders. It started to take it's toll on me I hear HB USA has worked out their ordering kinks but for me it was a little too late. It's still hands down the best sedan I have driven on asphalt. The Tamiya feels just like it IMO and I can get parts for it and I'm not forced to purchase a useless rear hub with my one steering knuckle Sounds like you guys had fun for the season opener. Too bad I missed it. I will be up there to slice and dice with you guys after the Reedy Race. Now go to bed lil one....
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:47 AM   #15557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I'm not forced to purchase a useless rear hub with my one steering knuckle
ha - I thought about doing a necklace with all the (useless) rear hubs I have left...

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #15558
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE= forced to purchase a useless rear hub with my one steering knuckle[/QUOTE]

+ 1

On another note I noticed the growing trend of manufactures striving for a lower internal drive ratio. example the Xray is now 1,7 IDR! compared to our 2,16. Besides being able to use Larger Spurs and smaller pinions what are the added benefits and has anyone experimented with this?
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #15559
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
+ 1

On another note I noticed the growing trend of manufactures striving for a lower internal drive ratio. example the Xray is now 1,7 IDR! compared to our 2,16. Besides being able to use Larger Spurs and smaller pinions what are the added benefits and has anyone experimented with this?
Depending on how it's done, it can also bend or pinch the belt less, providing a little bit less friction in the drivetrain. I know if you keep the diff pulleys the same, and just enlarge the center pulleys (like HB did on the TC kit), it should free up the drivetrain a tiny bit.

Xray did this back in the day with the T1 platform

-Korey
Old 03-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #15560
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Depending on how it's done, it can also bend or pinch the belt less, providing a little bit less friction in the drivetrain. I know if you keep the diff pulleys the same, and just enlarge the center pulleys (like HB did on the TC kit), it should free up the drivetrain a tiny bit.

Xray did this back in the day with the T1 platform

-Korey

Hmmm so now that I'm at 2,16 with the TC is there anyway to get it lower. Example will another manufactures pulley/belt work if so which ones?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #15561
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DriftNewb View Post
Has anyone seen the interview with Hara at TITC where he mentions the release of a new TC? Something about lipo and stuff... Or is it just too early to tell?

interview starts around 11:20

http://vimeo.com/3325007?pg=embed&sec=
Hara in TITC 09 same is use Cyclone TC only !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #15562
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to maxrcp

Rc market..

RCMARKET do you have estimated date for receive cyclone tc kits?? ( i am just waiting to your restock)

TC SPEC owners or rc market:

i Am planning to change the frot driveshafts, lannyn to change the aluminium originals for steel ones

does 3 racing 3r-cy-14 driveshaft fits on tcspec?

and HB61398 44mmHD universal driveshaft ver.2 fits on the originals universal axles?

Thanks
maxrcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #15563
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
Hmmm so now that I'm at 2,16 with the TC is there anyway to get it lower. Example will another manufactures pulley/belt work if so which ones?
I think there was a post a long time ago about someone using a tamiya diff pulley that was a little smaller, and the belts for the 16t center pulley setup from the Moorespeed cyclone... I'm not 100% sure. I think it got it down to arond a 2.0 internal ratio though.

-Korey
Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #15564
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
I think there was a post a long time ago about someone using a tamiya diff pulley that was a little smaller, and the belts for the 16t center pulley setup from the Moorespeed cyclone... I'm not 100% sure. I think it got it down to arond a 2.0 internal ratio though.

-Korey
RC Zombies did it

I think it was a 501X pulley F/R, dont remember what center pulley he used though
Old 03-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #15565
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DriftNewb View Post
Has anyone seen the interview with Hara at TITC where he mentions the release of a new TC? Something about lipo and stuff... Or is it just too early to tell?

interview starts around 11:20

http://vimeo.com/3325007?pg=embed&sec=
He basically talks about how lipos will affect our car's designs and that is where a lot of future changes will happen. I talked to him about this and with lipos the cars need to be redesigned since weight distribution is set up on our current tc for nimh. So nothing specific about new Cyclone TC, just general comment about future designs.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #15566
Tech Addict

Hi all ,

I have a small probleme with my WCE cyclone , its about the layshaft moving abit , when i have my both pulleys on the shaft at the max to outside ( nothing moves ) but after a race the layshaft has abit of play so the spur wouldnt stay in front of the pinion , it will move , so i extend the pulleys again so ther isnt any play but after a race again the layshaft moves as much as last time .

Whats wrong ?

Thanks guys i really appreciate your help .
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #15567
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 179 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edseb View Post
He basically talks about how lipos will affect our car's designs and that is where a lot of future changes will happen. I talked to him about this and with lipos the cars need to be redesigned since weight distribution is set up on our current tc for nimh. So nothing specific about new Cyclone TC, just general comment about future designs.
maybe talking about the new rear bulkhead to fit lipos better
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #15568
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Hi all ,

I have a small probleme with my WCE cyclone , its about the layshaft moving abit , when i have my both pulleys on the shaft at the max to outside ( nothing moves ) but after a race the layshaft has abit of play so the spur wouldnt stay in front of the pinion , it will move , so i extend the pulleys again so ther isnt any play but after a race again the layshaft moves as much as last time .

Whats wrong ?

Thanks guys i really appreciate your help .
Make sure you are tightening the pulley set screws onto the flat portion of the layshaft and not the round part. Use a small amount of locite to keep the set screws from backing out. When you tighten both pulleys onto the layshaft be sure to leave a very small amount of play so everything rotates freely.

It's been said before on here to use quality tools. The small allen keys that come with the kit aren't quality tools. A good handled hex driver will allow you to tighten things down properly without fear of stripping anything out.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #15569
Tech Addict

Quote:

-Korey
Thanks -Korey and BlackedoutEVO I found it!

Now will a 34T fit the new diff as well as possibly what belts would fit
Old 03-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #15570
Tech Regular

ive just seen a setup that someone is using tamyia rear hubs on the cyclone wats the difference over the wce cyclone if there is any?

link below

http://www.gearchart.com/setup/setup...20SET%20UP.pdf

thanks