R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #15541
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,845
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
4 degree uprights and the version 3 spool mostly. I did see RCmarket had most of the stuff i wanted but i have always been a little leary ordering from overseas.
Just about 95% of the guys out here have ordered from rcmarket without any issues. There are some over seas companies that you should stay away from but rcmarket isn't one of them.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #15542
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,845
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Hara ran the NOSRAM ISTC.

The sister speedo to the LRP TC Spec.

I haven't seen anyone using the NOSRAM Pearl/LRP SXX since the worlds.
I figured as much
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #15543
Tech Elite
 
ShaunMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Loading...
Posts: 3,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
4 degree uprights and the version 3 spool mostly. I did see RCmarket had most of the stuff i wanted but i have always been a little leary ordering from overseas.
Give Speedworld a call. Their located in Rossville, CA. Home of the 2009 Reedy Race of Champions.

Also be sure to get the pulley for the Ver.3 Spool. It's not included with the spool.
#61051 - 39T Pulley for Oneway/Spool

Also get the graphite C-hubs not the weaker Cyclone S C-Hubs.
#73518 - 4 Degree Carbon Graphite C-Hubs
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:48 AM   #15544
Tech Addict
 
bigz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: QC/Las Pinas
Posts: 502
Default

try rcmarket, you'll never regret it. done it a lot of times and no delay.
__________________
Hot Bodies - Nosram - Tekin - Speed Passion - Futaba - Sorex - RIDE
bigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #15545
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,972
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Seems 4 degree uprights are currently made of unobtanium!
__________________
"Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
TLR 22 3.0 SR, TLR 22-4 1.875, Sanwa M12S, Savox, Hobbywing, Schuurspeed, Protek
DG Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #15546
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone seen the interview with Hara at TITC where he mentions the release of a new TC? Something about lipo and stuff... Or is it just too early to tell?

interview starts around 11:20

http://vimeo.com/3325007?pg=embed&sec=
RC-DriftNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #15547
Tech Elite
 
ShaunMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Loading...
Posts: 3,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
Seems 4 degree uprights are currently made of unobtanium!
I noticed that. I still have two sets of 6 degree hubs from running foam. I think I'll hang on to them for spares in case I break my last 4 degree hub.

Unobtanium? Is that similar to that material XRAY uses called Cantafordium?
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #15548
Tech Elite
 
ShaunMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Loading...
Posts: 3,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DriftNewb View Post
Has anyone seen the interview with Hara at TITC where he mentions the release of a new TC? Something about lipo and stuff... Or is it just too early to tell?

interview starts around 11:20

http://vimeo.com/3325007?pg=embed&sec=
That was at the 2008 Worlds..... and yes, it's still early.

We need LiPO racing to become popular in Asia and Europe before the ball really gets rolling.

Until then, more lead sir?
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #15549
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,972
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Very similar! Does anything else work in a pinch?
__________________
"Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
TLR 22 3.0 SR, TLR 22-4 1.875, Sanwa M12S, Savox, Hobbywing, Schuurspeed, Protek
DG Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #15550
Tech Elite
 
ShaunMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Loading...
Posts: 3,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
Very similar! Does anything else work in a pinch?
The XRAY Hubs might work. I know the XRAY steering blocks fit the HPI C-hubs. It might be worth looking into if you can't find the HPI hubs anywhere.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #15551
Tech Adept
 
EJ20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Give Speedworld a call. Their located in Rossville, CA. Home of the 2009 Reedy Race of Champions.

Also be sure to get the pulley for the Ver.3 Spool. It's not included with the spool.
#61051 - 39T Pulley for Oneway/Spool

Also get the graphite C-hubs not the weaker Cyclone S C-Hubs.
#73518 - 4 Degree Carbon Graphite C-Hubs


Or try ' stormerhobbies.com ', they have the Ver.3 spool and the C-hub in stock!
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #15552
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,972
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
Or try ' stormerhobbies.com ', they have the Ver.3 spool and the C-hub in stock!
Thanks. They must have just gotten some stuff in stock, i could have sworn i looked there. Actually it looks like we may be getting a carpet track so i might just stick with the diffs after all.
__________________
"Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
TLR 22 3.0 SR, TLR 22-4 1.875, Sanwa M12S, Savox, Hobbywing, Schuurspeed, Protek
DG Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #15553
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,505
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Anyone use the brass Lipo tray they sell at Stormer with a Thunderpower 40c 5000?If so,how!?I had to balance my car with lead which is hideous and I am a little irritated with it and the fact the guy at Stormer said it would work fine with no issues.HELP! I should have waited for the PPD.

Car was excellent today.1st time racing onroad in almost a year.Hiro's BCR setup on Hotbodiesonline is an excellent base setup to start with. Was by far the easiest car I have driven or should say it was easy to drive fast.Qualifying was easy,but....Too many cobwebs and jitters in the Main cost me an easy win,and so another wasted TQ.Oh well.Still happy with this car.
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #15554
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,845
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Anyone use the brass Lipo tray they sell at Stormer with a Thunderpower 40c 5000?If so,how!?I had to balance my car with lead which is hideous and I am a little irritated with it and the fact the guy at Stormer said it would work fine with no issues.HELP! I should have waited for the PPD.

Car was excellent today.1st time racing onroad in almost a year.Hiro's BCR setup on Hotbodiesonline is an excellent base setup to start with. Was by far the easiest car I have driven or should say it was easy to drive fast.Qualifying was easy,but....Too many cobwebs and jitters in the Main cost me an easy win,and so another wasted TQ.Oh well.Still happy with this car.
I TQ'd and won my last tme there. Set up is on www.gearchart.com
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #15555
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,505
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I TQ'd and won my last tme there. Set up is on www.gearchart.com
The setups that you, Scotty and Hiro have posted have alot of similarities.I will have to check it out again.Too bad your running the Tamiya man.I drove a 415 msx mre,a 416 WCE a 415 MSX{IMO was the best of the 3 tamiyas} and have to say,the Cyclone TC was as good as the best of the 3 I have driven if not better.Dont get me wrong,I just think you gave up on the car too prematurely because of breakage.The Tamiyas are just as prone.To each there own.I dont run for HB,so I have no ties to being loyal to the brand,but you cant beat a design that is going on 4 years and its still as fast as anything else in the world.I almost dont want them to go away from the design and create a new car.
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 07:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 07:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 07:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 02:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 05:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net